We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 8:54

But that doesn't mean anything. If I have an issue with a game I can explain why e.g I don't like the totem Pokemon in Sun & Moon as they feel like overpowered Pokemon that I'm just throwing half of my team out to use 1 move and die against.

It just sounds like there's a certain amount of parroting an opinion somebody else had rather than taking an actual issue with it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 9:49

Still not seeing why tbh and it sounds like a user problem rather than the controls themselves not working well or as intended, let's take selecting items/weapons for example - this works the same way it has in hundreds of other games (even the first Red dead used this) you hold the weapon wheel button select the weapon/item you want then let go of the weapon wheel button to equip or use the item.

This does remind me of a little gripe I had with the inventory system, you pick up a lot of stuff on your journey and there's no way to auto sort stuff or mark items/weapons as a favourite so they are always equipped.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 10:15

Might be some of that Andy but soon as I started playing, I think I tweeted out what's up with these controls before seeing others had problems as well.

You might be right Jas it's a user issue and not the game but loads seem to have it, unlike let's say me with Super Mario Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 10:45

And likely loads more folk have no issues, so what does that tell you? The controls are fine.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 10:49

Yep I guess but saying it seems to be a more wide spread complaint compared to SMG which seems to just be me.

Like I said though the positives out way the negatives but those stop it from being GOTY or 9/10 or whatever.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 11:14

Isn't the worst complaint that talking is context sensitive and otherwise results in your drawing your weapon, which immediately causes problems?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 11:51

masofdas wrote:
Yep I guess but saying it seems to be a more wide spread complaint compared to SMG which seems to just be me.

Like I said though the positives out way the negatives but those stop it from being GOTY or 9/10 or whatever.

I wouldn't say it's GoTY either (for me it's definitely up there though) so I think it might be a case of some having very minor complaints that then get blown up to be bigger than they are because everyone has to have their say.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Isn't the worst complaint that talking is context sensitive and otherwise results in your drawing your weapon, which immediately causes problems?

Nope, when you target an NPC without a weapon you get button prompts (stuff like greet, antagonise, Rob or aim weapon) so whatever happens is your choice.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 15:20

I've just got home and checking out what's going on NLife, Xbox Wire etc and I saw this on Push Square about the controls.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 19:50

Well as long as Push Square have made your argument for you Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 20:08

Quote :
it’s important to remember that Rockstar’s going for something different here: Morgan is a man, not a Spider-Man.

Laughing

----

This is why I mentioned all the controller settings earlier, no matter how well designed a game may be there will be stuff you don't like and this is why I always go to the options first in a game before playing. This "input delay" they mention can be adjusted under the deadzone settings. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 20:22

Well I didn't do that and you we're asking for a reason and no one can seemingly explain. Well the video Push Square highlighted (not there video) goes away to do that especially when I said it wasn't intuitive.

The games done now, I'm not going back to it (maybe online) and my opinion isn't going to change on the controls along with the games overall slowness letting it down.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 20:56

Nobody is trying to change your mind they are just disagreeing with your opinion, and I can't talk for anyone else but you haven't explained it well at all even with the push square link so sometimes it's better to just let things go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 21:11

I thought I did a page ago but you both kept bringing up things be it change the controls or what not, when I said I'm done with the game and I was just passing on my experience with the game and my thoughts the controls aren't intuitive that's it, no more or less.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 21:37

Just trying to give a counter point from what I could understand (that you don't like the controls) and what could have been done to fix it, if you had said something earlier I would have made the same suggestions and you maybe would have found something better than the default settings.

But as you said it's done now. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 21:43

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 Look_a_Distraction_Design_by_eecomics
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 21:47

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 Tenor
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018 - 0:44

At the risk of keeping us back on that topic, I've also finished Red Dead Redemption 2! I think it's safely my GOTY thus far with only Smash potentially poised to knock it from the top spot, but it's got a gargantuan task ahead of it.

I think the biggest thing that RDR2 has going for it is the immersion factor. I was totally roped into the outlaw experience and the world that Rockstar made and that's thanks to the sheer level of detail that's gone into crafting this slice of the not so Wild West. From the masses and masses of incidental dialogue that you can listen to in camp - which goes a long way to build the characters up, by the by - to the little visual details such as being able to track a stagecoach for miles by tire tracks left in the mud or water having an oily slick on it as you get close to factories. It's amazingly polished which is rare in AAA games where the finer points are sometimes forgone in lieu of some other part of the production.

For what it's worth, I've had literally zero problems with the controls and I think that's more or less the majority opinion on that - like Jas said, there's a fair set of options to tinker with to tailor the game to your tastes, which I took advantage of in reducing the size of the mini-map pretty swiftly. I'll leave it at that. The horse riding was fun, especially unlocking the somewhat sillier things like the horse drift for cornering. The shooting was a bit tough to get used to at first, but towards the end of the game I was a gunslinging master. I've got to shout out the hand-to-hand to combat - genuinely great fun. The weight of your blows felt powerful and the animation shown off in the fight scenes was great to see. I wish the game took advantage of that more as, and correct me if I'm wrong here, there didn't seem to be a fight club or anything of the sort.

Oh, and the writing of the main plot was as fantastic as you'd expect, but I feel that's been discussed to death elsewhere so I shan't go into that in much detail beyond saying that whilst with knowledge of the original RDR it's clear where the story was heading, the journey that you travel on with Arthur, Dutch and the rest of the gang was still very memorable with engaging setpieces and top notch voice acting.

It's an easy 10/10 from me boys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018 - 16:05

I've dob't have an opinion on Red Dead 2. Sorry.

~
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 Snk-40th-anniversary-810x400

I've had the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection for the last week, and I've been plugging away at most of the twenty-one games available. I've only completed four though, and here's my thoughts:

Prehistoric Isle in 1930 – A side-scrolling shooter from 1989 that has you shooting dinosaurs in the face. R-Type with a big bastard stegosaurus instead of that weird brain thing. I especially like the side weapon dynamic, where you collect a pod that rotates around your bi-plane. It gives you lots of options to deal with any enemy wave pattern, and it makes for a game that you can (probably) play in a lot of different ways. I liked this a lot! It’s well-designed, fair, and looks and sounds absolutely fine. A thoroughly entertaining time, 7/10.

Street Smart – an arcade one-on-one beat-em-up from 1989 that I can’t imagine was much fun back then. 29 years later, it’s a bit tragic. For a game with Smart in it’s title, it’s really dumb – you just fight different folk, one after the other. When you’ve got unlimited continues like on this collection, you don’t need to use any strategy at all. Mash the buttons, continue about a hundred times, and complete the game in twenty minutes. It made me feel nostalgic for other, better games. Hard, boring, and on it’s own shitey merits, 3/10.

Psycho Solider – an arcade platformer from 1986, that I learned is famous for being the first ever game that had vocalised music tracks. It’s perfectly good platforming, smooth, and it’s easy to get your head around. That said, it gets a bit overwhelming towards the end, and I felt that it started to outstay it’s welcome a bit before the credits. All said though, I’m glad I got to give it a go. 7/10.

P.O.W. – An arcade scrolling beat-em-up from 1988, that doesn’t so much take inspiration from Rambo as it does completely rip it off. It was probably well-received back when it came out, but I think it’s been superseded by many other games in the genre; Final Fight came out the following year, and Streets of Rage wasn’t long after that. Playing it today, the difficulty and non-stop barrage of enemies put me off, as did it’s repetitiveness. I have no past connection to this game, so I felt it was just okay here, playing it for the first time. 5/10.

...with more free DLC to come next month, I give this collection a solid recommendation. The emulation is mostly spot-on, and the majority of the games are still perfectly playable - they've aged fine, considering that they're older than most of us here.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptySun 18 Nov 2018 - 20:23

I beat a game called Storm Boy for review and it's okay at best but what I did beat you'll be more interested in is

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 DsTf-jpVAAAGfTg

23hrs later I'm the champ and got to say I had a fun time which I think was made the better coming of RDR2 as that's a heavy game, where Let's Go with its, even more, simpler nature was just a fun nostalgic game.

I loved seeing Gen 1 Mon walking, flying and swimming around and if one thing is carrying over to Pokemon RPG 2019 from this it has to be that.

Otherwise, I think you all know what Pokemon is and this a good one.

Postgame wise, the only thing I've done and likely will do is
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 DsTgDe2U0AAFNoa

As I'm not levelling up a Metapod for instance plus without trading, I'm not getting all 151+ Pokemon but came closer than I thought I would with 98.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptySun 18 Nov 2018 - 21:32

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Prehistoric Isle in 1930 – A side-scrolling shooter from 1989 that has you shooting dinosaurs in the face. R-Type with a big bastard stegosaurus instead of that weird brain thing. I especially like the side weapon dynamic, where you collect a pod that rotates around your bi-plane. It gives you lots of options to deal with any enemy wave pattern, and it makes for a game that you can (probably) play in a lot of different ways. I liked this a lot! It’s well-designed, fair, and looks and sounds absolutely fine. A thoroughly entertaining time, 7/10.
I think, if my late Grandparents were to describe "videogames", they'd imagine something like PIi1930 (as we all call it of course).

Psycho Solider – an arcade platformer from 1986, that I learned is famous for being the first ever game that had vocalised music tracks. It’s perfectly good platforming, smooth, and it’s easy to get your head around. That said, it gets a bit overwhelming towards the end, and I felt that it started to outstay it’s welcome a bit before the credits. All said though, I’m glad I got to give it a go. 7/10.
Just watched some YouTube of this - yeah, those songs are... yeah.
Also interesting that Athena looks different on every single boxart and promo! (reads) Wait, there's an Amstrad CPC version? I'll be back in a jiffy! You are clearly playing an inferior version Ross...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyMon 19 Nov 2018 - 16:41

Bollocks to that, I was challenging andyman to a 'Super Monkey Ball Is Not A Puzzler' match.

masofdas wrote:
Isn't a puzzler?

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Of course not, it's a JRPG

I'm gutted that I missed this lot. Absolutely gutted. I was definitely ready to weigh in with why it's a rhythm game.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 16:41

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 Header

----

This is what some of us on here would call a banger and you should all have it on your Switch as it is a very very fun video game . Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyTue 20 Nov 2018 - 22:54

I beat a video game!

I think as a whole I preferred Max's journey to Before the Storm, but this was still a moving story with some parts of the writing actually impressing me more than similar moments in LiS.

For one, I found the relationship between Chloe and Rachel to be much more tender and ultimately believable than Max and Chloe. I did raise an eyebrow looking back on the fact that their connection formed so quickly, but considering the circumstances surrounding their growing relationship and the emotional frame of mind both girls were in, I can appreciate that they'd be swept up with each other so fast.

I did wonder how Before the Storm was going to handle the lack of an overarching supernatural plot that shone so brightly in the original, but I found the tale of family and parenthood to be a good replacement, albeit not as strong as the mystery and intrigue of LiS. The dream scenes with Chloe and her dad were especially moving. Oh and...

Life is Strange and LiS: Before the Storm spoilers:

I personally preferred LiS as I found Max to be a better protagonist and I enjoyed the time rewind gimmick more than Chloe's verbal sparring, but it was still a grand tale and easily blew most of Telltale's efforts out of the water. Seeing some of the potential choices that I'd missed out on surprised me - these games thrive when they manage to either circumvent or hide well the illusion of choice, and this succeeded in that department with aplomb.

8/10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptyFri 23 Nov 2018 - 17:11

---

Just finished the story for this and while not terrible I'm glad I got it when it was on sale, but if you have someone to play locally with you might get more fun out of it as it has a versus mode as well.

Rating: above average.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 EmptySat 24 Nov 2018 - 15:54

One for Jay but don't you think Max is a bit of a dick after playing BTS and even how LIS starts? I wonder what's happening with Season 2 as heard Ep 1 is good and even up for some awards but nothing about the rest of it.

Reminds me I also need to read my comic (them in general).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next