We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Switch?

Go down 
+18
Athrun888
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Rum
kerr9000
Solve My Maze
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 21:12

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
It's definitely in need of a refresh, though.

Keep being worried by things like this... Pale

Then I direct your attention to:

JayMoyles wrote:
Great series, especially if you're delving into it for the first time.

I should clarify - it needs a refresh for those who've played the previous two games in the series. Coming to it fresh is a treat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 21:21

Agreed. You'll probably have a good'n, Balla. And Skyrim's a lot easier to get into than Oblivion was!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 21:27

That's what always put me off though, being more accessible and less hardcore RPG.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 17 Jan 2018 - 23:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 23:47

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King. It's a sweet little 2D Zelda-alike but it's not got the scale or scope of the game it's clearly aping (A Link To The Past). Shame.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 20:55

Glad to read the views about Skyrim, frankly I could do with something more accessible after XC2... which I've just cracked the 60h mark on.

I'm on Chapter 5. I believe there may be ten chapters in total.

Send help. Pale
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 17:52

Help 'arrives' in the form of me blathering on about how I've finished the first chapter of Batman: The Telltale Series and enjoyed it (though I've a feeling I made at least two 'incorrect' choices) and am blissfully stuck on one room in Celeste. The same room that I was on last time... though I can get to the other side of it now.

You realise that the Zero Blade is only good for unrelated chat and shelve it, permanently. Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 18:33

The problem I had with Batman is I played the game as if it where Batman as in what I think Batman would do from all the knowledge I have.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 19:04

ZeroJones wrote:
You realise that the Zero Blade is only good for unrelated chat and shelve it, permanently. Sad

The Zero Blade remains better than fecking Dahlia. Mad

101h, or thereabouts, and I believe I've just cracked XC2's final boss.  Will confirm after dinner.  That should give me time to join you with Celeste, among other games!

EDIT: Game ending confirmed.  Whew.  That was a big ol' beast.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 19:50

My second double-post of the day. Afraid And the answer is nothing! After finishing XC2 (sniff), I'm having a week-long gaming break... but afterwards, I'm going to be having an hour-minimum shot at five games to decide which one to go for next:
  • Skyrim (finally unwrapped cellophane, is in my Switch's game slot)
  • The Sexy Brutale (started, slightly intimidating)
  • Steamworld Dig 2 (started, hasn't got its hooks in yet)
  • Celeste (unbought, like the look of)
  • Night in the Woods (ditto)

The advice of forumites on which one(s) to pursue, given my taste in games, is and will be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 20:05

Of those, I'd recommend SteamWorld Dig 2 very highly. To be honest, though, I'd look forward to reading your thoughts on any of those five. Thumbs Up! This is one of my favourite moments as a gamer: when you don't know what to play next, so you hold what I call 'auditions'. I think you'll 'cast' the right game, whatever happens. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 20:50

I second Steam World Dig.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 22:03

I've barely played my Switch, what with spending my days adventuring and my evenings jetlagged. Plan to spend today revising my Japanese though, so some gaming breaks/ sessions while I listen to tapes might be on the cards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 9:12

SteamWorld Dig 2 was class - I can't say anything about the others, but you can't go wrong with that one.

As for me, I'm playing Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime. I'd maybe enjoy it more if I'd realised that I already have it on PS Plus before I'd planted a tenner on it on Switch. Still, lots to like.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 10:13

Are you playing that with someone, Cappa? I've always seen it discussed as a co-op game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 11:25

Sadly not. I was told that it's still playable on your tod - and it is - but it's obviously set up to be at its best with other local players. I get the impression that it would be a brilliantly fun and hilariously mental multiplayer game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 12:24

I've always liked what I've played of Lovers but it has a level of complexity that Overcooked doesn't, so I've found it doesn't resonate with non-gamers as much as I'd like. One day...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 22:00

I've played the PC version with two other peeps - I was on shield duty most of the time, so I only had to think about one thing! Otherwise, it's a bit complicated for a doofus like me! Great though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 22:13

Aren't you the man who constantly promoted Affordable Space Adventures Jim? That fried my head just to consider...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 23:38

Only played it once briefly and whilst I liked it I felt like I needed a second player (or a lover) to stop it becoming frustrating when the difficulty picks up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 8:06

Balladeer wrote:
Aren't you the man who constantly promoted Affordable Space Adventures Jim?  That fried my head just to consider...
Ah yes - apologies, that serves me right, and I should write these things properly. What I mean is, in LIADST, there's a lot of stuff going on outside the ship as well; sometimes it's a bit like a co-op bullet hell shooter, and my eyes get confused!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 8:21

Blimey. Shocked That does sound like brain shattering stuff.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Feb 2018 - 10:51

Right. I've had to split my "games I need to play" list into different kinds of needing to play. There are the linear singleplayer experiences I'm just going to plow through, large games I'll dip in and out of until they're done and the multiplayer games I'll squeeze in here and there, even though I could easily play just those games forever!

BASH THROUGH THESE: DOOM, LA Noire, Xenoblade Chronicles 2
TAKE YOUR TIME AND SAVOUR THESE: Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Skyrim
MULTIPLAYER STUFF: Splatoon 2, ARMS, Mario Kart 8

I'm sure I can finish all of that before Bayonetta and Dark Souls need replaying, while also getting back into playing Ace Attorney games on Mondays and embarking on a potential new handheld project, if I make a stupid purchase I really shouldn't from Super Potato.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 7:59

That all sounds super sensible, Drunka! Grin Good luck and good skill executing your plan.

I've just had some nanoseconds with Dragon Quest Builders. Not sure how this crafting stuff will go but it seems straightforward enough. You also attack enemies in real time - none of this turn-based rubbish that, frankly, has been holding the series back (LOL J/K, as I believe young people on the Internet write these days). Looking forward to playing more.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 17:59

Good luck bashing through XC2 Drunka - that bad boy took me over 100 hours.  Not sure how 'bashable' it really is...

EDIT:

Balladeer's Switch Game Audition 1: Steamworld Dig 2

Ah, all my favourite things in gaming.  Time pressure.  Cave aesthetic.  Losing gold when you die.  All you need is procedural level design and... well, you'd have the prequel, wouldn't you.  

No, I'm still not tremendously keen on this... and yet the core loop remains as addictive as ever, and the kinda fairyland-ish area I've just come through feels more different to the general cave bits than anything the original showed off to me.  I'll likely come back to this one, and burrow down a bit deeper, but it'd be a shame if I didn't try out anything else this week I liked more.  I do understand why others like it; the extent to which, not so much.

Enjoyability: 2/5
Likelihood of coming back: 3/5

What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 SteamWorld-Dig-2-Screenshot-2

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 21:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pwiddy pickcha.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 23:30

Balladeer wrote:
Good luck bashing through XC2 Drunka - that bad boy took me over 100 hours.  Not sure how 'bashable' it really is...

I am unemployed Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Switch?   What are you playing on your Switch? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Switch?
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next