We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:38

masofdas wrote:
Does this mean you guys could feel what I feel about Breath of the Wild?

No, because it's still a Monster Hunter game but the only difference is it might be one that I don't like.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think yer boy was just reacting to the fact there weren't any flashy arts etc. Also, following footprints through a seamless area is how I always said they should do the tracking in a modern Monster Hunter. But the movement and weapon attacks and mounting looked like classic MH, one the sound effects and HUD are in there I don't think it'll feel that different.

Never been keen on the idea of seamless map in Monster Hunter, assuming there are still multiple locations I hope they aren't overly big otherwise tracking a monster could become boring very quickly.

EDIT: I'll also miss that satisfaction you get when you kill a monster without it changing zones.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:42

masofdas wrote:
Does this mean you guys could feel what I feel about Breath of the Wild?

I actually almost said that myself! I don't think I'll hate it, but I think it'll feel like a weird departure for some fans.

The_Jaster wrote:

Never been keen on the idea of seamless map in Monster Hunter, assuming there are still multiple locations I hope they aren't overly big otherwise tracking a monster could become boring very quickly.

I don't see how it'll be any different? You'll still run to where the monster is you just won't have to go through a bunch of PS2 loading screens. I'm hoping it'll be like Witcher until you find the monster, then you'll be able to paintball it and it'll be on the map same as ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:51

Drunkalilly wrote:
I think yer boy was just reacting to the fact there weren't any flashy arts etc. Also, following footprints through a seamless area is how I always said they should do the tracking in a modern Monster Hunter. But the movement and weapon attacks and mounting looked like classic MH, one the sound effects and HUD are in there I don't think it'll feel that different.

I disagree about the weapon attacks looking like classic MH, the trailer showed the hunter attack the monster with his sword about 3 times, all completely separate. We didn't get to see any actual fighting which is what worries me the most.
It looked very "cinematic" and I really hope that was just for the trailer and not how the actual game will be. I thought the same thing when they first showed Monster Hunter 4 though and that turned out fine
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 12:54

That first MH4 trailer isn't too far of what they done the MH world trailer tbh.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:27

Ping Pong Peng Man: Do you reckon you'll pick up MHXX and we'll have a go at doing a few episodes of Monster Mash Double Chris, or are you just gonna wait for Worlds and play one that's deliberately courting newbies?

The_Jaster wrote:
That first MH4 trailer isn't too far of what they done the MH world trailer tbh.

That's actually true, and that trailer looks nothing like the MH4 I ended up playing . . .

Gwyn400 wrote:
It looked very "cinematic" and I really hope that was just for the trailer and not how the actual game will be. I thought the same thing when they first showed Monster Hunter 4 though and that turned out fine

Yeah, there were a few bits that looked very scripted, like when he was pullign the scenery on the monster. I hope this doesn't end up feeling like Uncharted: Monster Hunter Edition.

It's too early to say anything, really, isn't it? I guess we'll have to wait and see!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:48

I'm all over MHXX as well.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:59

Buska wrote:
It's too early to say anything, really, isn't it? I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Yup! It just created too many questions for an already established series also if any game needed a live on stage demo it is MH.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 14:17

Look on the bright side: it's more likely to get newcomers to give the franchise a go, like myself!

Right, Ubisoft is down. Decent mixture on show there, the Mario-Rabbids game looks genuinely fun and interesting and Assassin's Creed Origins is the first one I've felt worth playing since AC4. That said I don't honestly feel it's much better than the rest of the shows, a little better to be sure, but not by a massive margin.

And so it comes down to Nintendo to save E3 2017. Given their direction in the last few years I'm on the bench whether they will or not.

That said Sony still wins in my heart because that Spider-Man game looks amazing. Great to see them going to Kingpin and Mister Negative too, always great to see some of Spidey's lesser-known rogues see some light. Also good to see them get Spidey's fighting right, nice balance of power and agility going on there, me likey!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 14:56

From a Kotaku piece on Capcom's Monster Hunter World press release.
Capcom wrote:
Retaining the series’ skill based progression and robust crafting system, players gear up to venture on quests to seek and slay monsters, progressively improving their skills to become the ultimate hunter. Loot collected from fallen foes can be used to create new equipment and armor upgrades styled after the monsters they’ve slain, allowing hunters to survive the elements and defeat the tougher opponents that await them.
I'm actually more and more optimistic about this game, I was just initially annoyed about the fact I might be forced to play a home console Monster Hunter. I'm still hopeful for a Monster Hunter V for Switch that takes some ease-of-use and technical improvements from this one but ties it to a more traditional gameplay loop. This one does actually seem like it'll have the main beats of what I like about Monster Hunter, in the same way Breath of the Wild gave me the emotional beats of a Zelda in a new way.

Athrun888 wrote:
Look on the bright side: it's more likely to get newcomers to give the franchise a go, like myself!  

NO! I don't want all you noobs, I want them to make games exclusively for me!

Athrassin's Creed wrote:
Right, Ubisoft is down.  Decent mixture on show there, the Mario-Rabbids game looks genuinely fun and interesting and Assassin's Creed Origins is the first one I've felt worth playing since AC4.  That said I don't honestly feel it's much better than the rest of the shows, a little better to be sure, but not by a massive margin.
I still feel absolutely nothing about AC, and I love ancient Egypt! I'm cautiously optimistic about Mario/ Rabbids, that might be okay.
Nintendo just need to show a little bit of the cool games we already know about, then announce one or two new cool things and I'd say there onto a winner. The 30 minute thing doesn't have to be an issue if it just means they're concentrating on announcements and trailers then saving the gameplay for the treehouse stream.

Kraven the Thrunter888 wrote:
That said Sony still wins in my heart because that Spider-Man game looks amazing.  Great to see them going to Kingpin and Mister Negative too,  always great to see some of Spidey's lesser-known rogues see some light.  Also good to see them get Spidey's fighting right, nice balance of power and agility going on there, me likey!

Yep. My current thinking is that at the end of this year/ start of next (either just before going to japan or when I get there), I'm gonna shift the XBox and pick up a PS4 with Bloodborne, Monster Hunter World and Spider-Man and it's going to be glorious.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 15:23

Wasn't a fan of the MS conference just due to the constant bombardment of "4k" "Xbox One X Enhanced footage"! guff constantly popping up at the start of every video. Additionally, many of the games focused upon seemed to require a squad of friends to actually play with - Anthem and that pirate thing, that zombie thing etc.- Obviously I don't own a One, but knowing I need either to pay £200-500, plus the game price and have at least three or four friends do the same, to actually play properly is just a no no. Everything looked pretty, and they did get through plenty of games, so that was nice I suppose.

That said, it wiped the floor with Sony's conference,  which kicked off with 2 DLC announcements and a bloody 20 minute segment for PSVR. Awful, just awful. The zombie thing looked interesting, but the only big surprise felt like Shadow of the Colossus, which looked mighty fine but I have already played it. Spider-Man was one of the few brightspots of the presentation, but it wasn't worth staying up late for. I'm sure it'll be very good and I will buy it, but the pacing of the conference as a whole and the time had me sour at that point. Still there are so many PS4 games - Persona 5, Doom, Nioh etc. That I've not bought/finished yet that I'm not too fussed about the lack of new in the grand scheme of things, it's just a shame that so much of Sony's games have already been shown to lesser or greater degrees. I've heard so much about Dad of War, for instance, that it feels like it's been out for ever.

I also don't know what to think about the Monster Hunter game because I had 3 avid Hunters in my ear going, err, no, what is this, why is this happening? My gut says wait until the next 'proper one' that the Mashers are all going to get day one, but I could look into the new thing if everyone bites.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 17:28

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 8f9461152bd173dc4b65d841621af35f
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 17:31

That was alright, eh?  Christmas is going to be bloody brilliant.  

And SMO... Jesus. If we hadn't just had BotW, GotDecade right there.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 17:44

Heh, Nintendo does in 25 minutes what the rest of the fools failed to do in four times that time! Safe to say Nintendo won E3 easily. Just like they do every E3 they bring games to!

Now, this ain't changing my mind on my PS4 purchase in 11 hours mind you, but Nintendo made a solid case for their console and I'll have no issues picking up a Switch this time next year.

Also Xenoblade 2's heroine was T H I C C

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 17:49

Nice presentation from Nintendo, and more evidence as to why I prefer their release format over the bombast of the other companies. There's a lovely concoction of single player and multiplayer games on the horizon, and the Mario trailer was wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 17:57

Athrun888 wrote:
Also Xenoblade 2's heroine was...

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 No-2
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:04

@Muss you know Uncharted: The Lost Legacy isn't DLC any more, I agree totally though on your thoughts on Sony but they have bucket loads of games on PS4.

Nintendo wins even though we knew what Mario is but dam
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:15

That was a banger. I don't think they've shown a single game I'm not interested in buying, even Pokkén I'm sure I'll grab eventually.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:24

masofdas wrote:
@Muss you know Uncharted: The Lost Legacy isn't DLC any more, I agree totally though on your thoughts on Sony but they have bucket loads of games on PS4.

Nintendo wins even though we knew what Mario is but dam

I know you don't need to have the prior Uncharted games to play it. But equally, it's not a new stand alone game - in the way that a numbered Uncharted is -, nor is anyone who hasn't played Uncharted before likely to pick it up. It's basically DLC.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:28

Sure I just feel it's more of a spin-off then anything like Daxter and Secret Agent Clank, and its £30 for 6hr game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:49

Aye that was top stuff from Nintendo, only down note for me was no appearance of MHXX Switch version but since the system isn't region locked I'll just download the Japanese version in August. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:52

Yass, at least I'll have one other person to play with in 日本語 assuming Ping Pong Peng Man gives up after five minutes.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 18:54

Nowt about BG&E2 from Nintendo's presser either. 🤔
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:03

Just for my own amusement, I am currently interested in purchasing:

• ARMS
  • Spla2n
  • Monster Hunter XX (japanese version, it seems)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Rocket League
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Yoshi
  • Kirby
  • Skyrim
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • A Pokémon Game
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • A Proper Fire Emblem
  • Sonic Mania
  • Sonic Forces

on the Nintendo Switch. I'll probably pick up Pokkén eventually as well. Add Monster Hunter World on some kind of home console, Metroid: Samus Returns and Monster Hunter Stories on 3DS, and probably one of these shootybangs and this has been a successful E3.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : THERE ARE EVEN MORE SWITCH GAMEZ)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:52

I'm sticking to Switch as PS4 list be longer then my arm on what tempts me.

• ARMS
  • Bloodstained - KickStarted
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I & II - If it comes west as could import but be easier to pick up on PS4 as it's out
  • Dragon Quest X - If it comes to the west or is playable this time
  • Dragon Quest XI - Still not seen this version that PS4 more likely
  • Fire Emblem
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Hollow Knight - KickStarted
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 - Looks good and not played a LEGO game for ages and suits Nintendo better
  • Lost Sphear
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Monster Hunter XX - Likely Japanese version  
  • Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
  • Owlboy
  • Pocket Rumble
  • Pokkén Tournament DX - I'll end up getting it
  • Project Octopath Traveller
  • Sonic Forces
  • Sonic Mania
  • Splatoon 2
  • Stardew Valley
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas - Depends on how much but lot like LEGO suits the Switch
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Got me tempted to play this finally but might be PS4 instead due to price
  • Kirby
  • No More Heroes
  • Pokemon
  • Shin Megami Tensei
  • Tales of
  • Yoshi
  • WarGroove
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 19:53

Athrun888 wrote:
Also Xenoblade 2's heroine was T H I C C

I did wonder where Space-Yorkshireman was putting his hands there.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017   Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Spotlight, Nintendo Treehouse, Nintendo Invitationals, and E3 2017
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next