We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quiplash: GNamer Style

Go down 
+3
masofdas
ZeroJones
Muss
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Quiplash: GNamer Style Empty
PostSubject: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyFri 26 May 2017 - 12:59

Quiplash: GNamer Style Customc549cca5dc86fd00-320x180

Struggled with where to post this, but I think this is the most appropriate board. If the admins think there's a better place for it feel free to more this!

For those not in the know, Quiplash is a fun party game that had us pissing ourselves during the last meet up. It's one of the games in Jackbox Party Pack 3, best described as "Cards Against Humanity," but you write your own jokes and questions - making it much funnier and much more interesting. One player hosts the game, everyone else plays remotely over the Jackbox website through a smart device (phone, tablet, laptop etc) for free. You can either be one of the 8 active players, who compete against each other for the funniest answer, or part of the audience who just vote for their favorite answers, effecting the results of matchups.

I've not picked this up yet, but probably will get a PC version which would enable me to stream it over Skype via screen share. This'll grant us decent picture quality and keep our silly niche gags in a private platform. Anyone who wants to play/spectate can hop into the Skype call.

Now this is the part where you come in. Jay had some awesome(dude, lol) questions he put into his set, but they were crooked and that's why he won so often!

So how about you guys PM me some questions to put in our game? They can be anything from forum specific questions like, What does Balla actually do when he's away from the forum "writing" for na-no-wri-mo to How does Batman fry eggs?

As far as when playing this goes. Obviously the more the merrier with this one, but I'm not going to be in a position to host until after the Testpunches as I won't have wifi for a week or so. Any sort of consensus time that's convenient for the majority would be good though, but hopefully we'll be up for several games anyway.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyFri 26 May 2017 - 19:02

Perfect positioning, Mr. Muss. Thumbs Up! I'm well up for more cheeky bouts of this - "Laugh yourself to six-pack abs!" should be the game's slogan - but I can't really commit to a time, as such. I'll hop on if I can but am more than committed to passing over some questions. I'll get my thinking cap on - which is a cross between Professor Layton's top hat and the Wing Cap from Super Mario 64. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyFri 26 May 2017 - 19:11

Sounds interesting and I was wondering how we would be playing it as I've not looked into it.

Also do you need any money towards the PC version?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyFri 26 May 2017 - 21:30

Thanks Mas but don't worry about it as I plan on using it outside of forum events anyway, and also I'm getting it from the Humble Bundle
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 21:03

Muss wrote:

Now this is the part where you come in. Jay had some awesome(dude, lol) questions he put into his set, but they were crooked and that's why he won so often!

Quiplash: GNamer Style 63332968

I'm dead keen for this, as you'd expect. Remind me closer to the time of our first session and I'll PM some questions over to you. Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 18:38

I've sent the Gotham signal up so I am also in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 19:33

Apparently I'm vaguely funny in this (see signature), whereas on the forum at large... So yes, I'm in and looking forward to losing repeatedly to one-but-not-both of Jay and Drunka.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 23:12

I've bought this for Switch and would love to play with the forum again: the perfect middle ground between my abhorrent schoolfriends' jokes and playing a PG rated game with the family.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptySun 16 Jul 2017 - 15:32

Seems Jackbox Party 1 & 2 are coming to Switch and the 4th eventually, I've got no idea what's in them and if they're any different but might be a better or worse version of Quiplash coming.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptySun 16 Jul 2017 - 16:07

Worse version - unless they change it, the original Quiplash didn't include user generated rounds.

Speaking of which, are we still planning to get the show on the road with GNamer Quiplash Night?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptySun 16 Jul 2017 - 17:19

Yeah I've got the party pack but I haven't got around to testing whether I can get it to broadcast over skype yet. It shouldn't be a problem but I've been limiting how much games I play this month as I'm wrapping up the uni year. Whenever I'm around for an Overwatch session or something, I'll fire it up on the back end of that just to give it a small trial. Then look for something more permanent in August or something for an actual session.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptySun 16 Jul 2017 - 20:55

Nice one - when Doomfist launches, I'll remind you to try out streaming Jackbox. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 17:38

I dunno if this is the place to talk about JPP3 in general?  'Cause I made a quiz specifically for my recent birthday party and it was tremendous fun, albeit had already started to repeat questions by the second playthrough.  ID PEX-XDED if you're interested in precisely what I might dream up, but it is somewhat me-and-my-flat specific. Not very: not everyone there knew me that well.

Favourite questions that popped up (spoilered just in case anyone wants to try it out) were:

We also played a round each of TKO and Guesspionage.  I think someone even laughed at the narrator at one point...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 19:07

Balladeer wrote:
I think someone even laughed at the narrator at one point...

Was it you? Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 19:11

How very dare you. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiplash: GNamer Style   Quiplash: GNamer Style Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiplash: GNamer Style
Page 1 of 1