We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)

Go down 
+3
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
ZeroJones
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) Empty
PostSubject: Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)   Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 12:47

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AHTCnDycWYg

A bit like Rhythm Paradise Megamix, Mario Party: The Top 100 is a compilation of - yes! - the best one hundred minigames in the series so far. Hopefully fans of the series will get a lot out of it...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)   Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:35

Of which, I must say, I am not.  Enjoyed 4 and 5 when my sister and I used to play together, tried it a couple of times since to no avail.  At least they've finally cottoned onto what makes Mario Party fun though, which ain't slugging it around the board.  Even so, it's a minigame collection: if it's selling for over £30 there's something wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)   Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 19:34

Did anybody else read the headline "The Best Minigames from a Whole Series in One Game" as the Direct played and immediately thought that a WarioWare best-of was being announced? Honestly, Mario Party didn't even cross my mind.

It's disappointing that it's not WarioWare, but this should be all right. I'm half-interested.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)   Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 20:55

Balladeer wrote:
At least they've finally cottoned onto what makes Mario Party fun though, which ain't slugging it around the board.

See, I see that part of the game as being particularly fun too - at least in multiplayer - as I've always enjoyed nicking stars off my mates and the salt that then proceeds that. The minigames need to be there too natch, but I find that without the board elements that the minigames are somewhat pointless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)   Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 22:15

I dunno - to me, the board bit was the bit you hammered through to get to the games. Nearly all the ones they showed seemed to be from MP2-4 - in which case I'm probably in!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)   Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 23:42

I like the idea but without the actual board game part then this might feel a little thin, saying that I don't know what else they could do with the series, they tried experimenting with the last two and took any fun out of the board game but the standard formula wasn't exactly keeping people gripped either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)   Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) EmptyMon 18 Sep 2017 - 13:40

I want to say I agree, that I'm all about the minigames and the board can do one, but all of my memories of having fun with friends in a Mario Party are board-based. It's the randomness, the screwing eachother over, the salt, that makes Mario Party.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)   Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Party: The Top 100 (Hopefully It Will Chart That High)
Page 1 of 1