We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)

Go down 
+24
Axis1500
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Buskalilly
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Gwyn400
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Admin
Crumpy Andy
rlsniper789
Silver light
NintenDUCK
Kyranitar
ZeroJones
Kezz182
shanks
Balladeer
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Best Starters?
Gen. 1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_lcap47%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Gen. 2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_lcap27%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Gen. 3: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_lcap13%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Gen. 4: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_lcap7%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gen. 5: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_lcap0%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gen. 6: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_lcap6%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:18

I'd go for a ground-type. Covers the poison types that psychics would help with, and you'll have Charizard and Honedge to help with fighting monsters. It's been so long ago, though, that I can't remember any of the available ground types. Apart from builder-rabbit, but I assume that you want to have some class in your team.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:23

Doesn't he need a fairy though?

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:30

That could be a shout. I had Drilbur and it's evolution in Black 2 and thought it was magic, and the Quagsire I trained up in Pokémon HeartGold was a beast. Mind you, I also had a Sandslash in one of those games, and despite training it up to Lvl. 50-odd I dumped it as it was absolutely mince. I'll see what's available. Would a Fairy Pokémon come in useful for later in the game?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:35

Meh.  Fairies help against fighting (see my previous post), dark (Lucario has that covered), and dragon.  Dragon strength's always nice, but Frogadier can learn Ice Beam and Honedge will be able to shrug off dragons' main attacks.  And of course dragons are good against themselves.  

Alternatively, you may prefer to patch up the water weakness.  That will become a thing late-game. Possibly go for a grass or electric type?  (Not Pikachu - you're right when you say that he's mince.) Not that this game's Elite Four are particularly difficult anyway...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:41

I founded my Sylveon very useful, that's all I'm going to say.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:56

My Sylveon was fairly useful as well
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 14:00

Your team is 3x weak to ground and fighting types, so just don't add something else that's weak to either of them because then you'll have two thirds of your team weak to one type. So I'd disagree with Balla's electric recommendation, because an Earthquake will be bad news for that as well as Tyrantrum, Lucario and whatever Honedge's last evolution is called because they'd be weak to it. Maybe Exeggutor or something? It's grass/psychic and you don't have either type in your team yet, it's got a high special attack and would cover the ground and fighting weaknesses. Tradeoff being it would mean a 3x weakness to fire in your team as well but with Greninja, Tyrantrum and Charizard's resistances then you should be fine.

Oh god, this is how Pokemon gets me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 14:13

Exeggutor might be an idea - I've just arrived at the first place that an Exeggute can be caught, and as you've said it covers two types that I don't have in my team. I think that's the way I'll go. Good thinking.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 14:23

Balladeer wrote:
Not that this game's Elite Four are particularly difficult anyway...

You weren't wrong - while I lost the odd Pokémon (due to the series' annoying habit of putting you against a monster that looks like a tree but has Ghost/Psychic qualities or some bollocks like that), I hammered through the champion on my first try without having any of my team faint. I was expecting a wee bit of a difficulty spike, but the Elite Four Pokémon weren't really much tougher than the ones in Victory Road. It wasn't really the grand finalé that I felt the game had been building up to. Unless there's something in the post-game...?

Anyway, won with this team:

Exeggcutor Lvl. 64
Aegislash Lvl. 67
Lucario Lvl. 67
Tyrantium Lvl. 69
Greninja Lvl. 69
Charizard Lvl. 70.

I had Pansage and Pikachu earlier in the game, but otherwise that's the team I used throughout. Very much enjoyed Pokémon Y.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 15:22

This chap?

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 250px-709Trevenant

He's half-grass, half-ghostie. But yes, the E4 and (especially) the champion in XY are massively underwhelming, and there's nothing too satisfying post-game anyway. That said, I'm partly just bitter because the supposed side-quest wouldn't work for me. Neutral 

Aegislash is amazing, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 17:50

The whole game was too easy and that partly put me off X/Y. I have just gone back and played Platinum, (the only pokemon game I haven't played before) and think they hit the right level of difficulty.

It looks like they were aiming at online battling anyway and to be fair it has been a success in that regard. Since Ruby/Sapphire is a remake I expect the difficulty to be better since the game is already mapped out level wise. The area/level design in X/Y just seemed haphazard.

Bring on Hoenn!

Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyTue 8 Jul 2014 - 0:59

If you want a fancy-arse Vilillon, then you can get one through Mystery Gift now.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyTue 8 Jul 2014 - 3:50

Now I only need the Pokeball pattern then I will have the full set again
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 2:09

If you want another Charizard, you can get one from GAME until the tenth of next month.

Notably, it will be holding the Charizardite for the 'wrong' version, so if you have Pokémon X it'll be holding Charizardite Y and vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 4:08

Vidofnir wrote:
The whole game was too easy and that partly put me off X/Y.

This is what's worrying me - is there any way to increase the difficulty artificially beyond using shit Pokemon? I heard turning off the XP share would be an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 9:09

The real issue is the enemies just don't have good teams in my opinion. The game's perfectly fun and all, but it's probably the easiest pokemon game of them all. Honestly I don't think even a nuzlocke run could make it tough without some ultra heavy duty restrictions, so I'd say just enjoy the game as it is and not worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 10:22

Turning the Exp. Share off definitely helps, though.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 10:54

Yeah, Exp Share means you end up overlevelled for each area without even trying. I turned it off when I played through Y a second time and it felt more balanced.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 20:27

I have to say that is only half the problem. The AI in X\Y are awful, consistently making poor choices in moves when a super effective choice is available. Most trainers have 3 or less pokemon which is also dissapointing.

What happened to trainers switching pokemon in battle? I recall this happening frequently with the main characters in Platinum.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 0:01

Vidofnir wrote:
What happened to trainers switching pokemon in battle? I recall this happening frequently with the main characters in Platinum.

Really? I'm replaying Platinum right now, am 5 gym leaders down and the only trainer who's ever switched a Pokemon in battle is my rival, who I think has done it twice.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 1:10

Quick question - is it possible to receive hacked Pokemon through the Wonder Trade system? Because I got a LVL 100 shiny Giratina with Pokerus over a Wonder Trade... and I think I'd be stupid to think it wasn't hacked. Of course, on the off chance it isn't, then I'm happy. It says it's "travelled from Sinnoh to Kalos" in its summary, which suggests it's been traded, but I'm still skeptical.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 4:01

Not sure, though going on the fact that I ended up with a Hacked Shiny Empoleon that will not be sent to the Pokemon bank and is stuck in B2, the fact that it got to Kalos it could be real or people have gotten around the security for hacks.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 4:17

Yeah, that bit made me think it could be real, and if that's the case I'm cheesing, considering I think I traded an Eevee for it.

Loving X, by the by - I don't think I've played a Pokemon title this chock full of features and 'Mon. The new critters are pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 7:16

You'd be foolish to think that people haven't managed to hack the system, despite Nintendo's assurances to the contrary. I'd just enjoy the Giratina if I were you. It's not like you're going to enter competitions with it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 14:00

Aye, I don't think I'd even use it in game - I can't until I beat the game anyway. Nice for Pokedex completion and showing off to folk, I guess. In happier news, I got a Turtwig through Wonder Trade, which I was very chuffed about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)
Page 35 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next