We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)

Go down 
+7
shanks
fronkhead
Treesmurf
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
ZeroJones
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Sep 2019 - 19:16

No joy in getting this to play, at all. They should prioritise who gets to play this. I paid £39.99 for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, I should get to play  this before anybody, even the playtesters.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Sep 2019 - 22:07

I downloaded then a few days later realised I have no interest in playing it and uninstalled before I even started the app, I just don't care for mobile gaming (outside of PoGo of course).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:05

I've heard the monetisation in this is particularly awful, especially by Nintendo's standard. I was reading about the £4.99 monthly pass you can buy to unlock 200c mode and get better car parts as rewards - I think the relative failure of Super Mario Run has caused Nintendo to go with the flow in the mobile market and that's a real shame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 20:29

Installed the app but couldn't remember my Nintendo log-in and then couldn't be bothered going through the reset password process as I realised it wasn't even worth it. Doesn't even sound like particularly good Mario Kart and it has micro-transactions, which apparently it leans pretty heavy into.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 21:26

I'm not gonna judge them for using microtransactions, it's the nature of the business I guess and sadly a lot of people don't wanna play mobile games now unless it's "free". I guess the key to it has to be if the microtransactions make sense and aren't too exploitive. Jay has hit the nail on the head though, Super Mario Run was great but ultimately crapped upon because of how they handled the whole payment of it so now they have to give in the trends.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 21:34

The thing is the nature of the business is changing sure it's only just happening but you have Apple Arcade on iOS with exclusives from some well-known devs along with games such as Sayonara Wild Hearts that are decent eShop titles and Google now have Play Pass.

Both of those things cost the same as MKT monthly pass and gives you full games.

People might not have been keen when I said it in the games I'm excited about thread, now with these mobile subs, game pass, the Ubisoft version and seemingly every TV company having a sub but does seem to to be the way it's going. With something like MKT now sticking out.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Sep 2019 - 21:40

Apple Arcade sounds like a great way to do mobile gaming to me so ideally that'll get around to the likes of Nintendo if they're gonna persist with it. The Mario Kart backlash is probably made even worse because of the timing alongside AA and PP.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 18:40

Nintendo in 'slow to adjust to industry trends' shocker!

I think to an extent we have to realise that this isn't for us, not to the same extent. It's for the mobile crowd, and from what I've heard it's making bank among them. That doesn't mean this pricing structure is good, and hopefully the extensive backlash against the Gold Pass will be heard. All we can do is speak out against it and not contribute.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 23:04

Yeah, I'm not going to kick up a stink over it. I was concerned that Nintendo might cater towards the mobile market with their full fledged releases or put more of an emphasis on their mobile offerings in lieu of the proper titles, but I think FE:TH proved any of my concerns wrong. I'm pretty confident that Mobile Nintendo and Console Nintendo are two different beasts working with the same IPs.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Oct 2019 - 22:23

I've spent the weekend playing this.  Meh

It's a strange Mario Kart, where most things feel quite off. The way it steers you towards spending real money (by limiting what you can accomplish by grinding) is sleekit right enough, in a bad way. I've never settled to how Mario Kart Tour controls either. The steering and drifting are clumsy and awkward, and with the gameplay as unexciting as it is, I'm not that compelled to master these.

There's other things I quite like and other things I don't, but the transaction system, the unsatisfactory controls and the fairly mundane nature of the racing makes me feel  Meh .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 0:10

Not one to bother with then, it sounds like it. If the game played a blinder and played a good game of Mario Kart, I might have bothered to download it. I watched a pal at work play a wee bit of COD Mobile and whilst I've no interest in playing that, it looked like how you'd expect COD to play on a mobile device and didn't seem to control too badly. It's a shame they've not really nailed Mario Kart on mobile.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Oct 2019 - 19:18

I'm not sure Nintendo really care much about it to be honest. They've been at pains to keep their image clean in the past re. microtransactions, and yet they've come up with some truly awful pricing decisions here.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)   Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart Tour (Revving All Over The World)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: