We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 22:26

In a small break between DQVII sessions I cracked through the Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World demo. It consisted of two levels from the first world and they played exactly the same as on the Wii U versh - just smaller, and not quite as pretty. Disappointingly, there were no Poochy levels to play, which I think is a missed opportunity. If they'd shown something genuinely different/new in the demo, I'd have a better idea of whether I actually want the game. Eh?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 20:55

I've gotten to the last series of boss battles in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.

Spoiler:

Not a massive fan of this M&L, to be honest... It feels remarkably padded out. I felt like Bowser's Inside Story edged on the brink of poor pacing, but DTB just embraces it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 21:03

The Paper Jambros Big Battles (which I like, and I cannot lie) are better, whilst still not being great.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2017 - 21:04

Agreed (with both Rum and Zero, incidentally).  I still remember losing my original 3DS, with the save file on it, and trying to catch up again...  I gave up when I hit the desert.  Which is a shame.  PJB is much better-paced with worse 'characters'.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 19:45

Had a bash on Scribblenauts Unlimited earlier (hi Cappa!). It's certainly moved on from the DS original, and you need plenty of different ideas to get through. I'm looking forward to tucking in to more. Tank Troopers continues to be good fun on the side, too.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 23:09

Played Picross 3D Round 2 in my downtime of my recent volunteering trip and it's a Thumbs Up! from me, I didn't realise they added a second colour to the concept making it feel genuinely new, even after playing the original on Wii U just before it. The book store/café atheistic is very nice too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyMon 8 May 2017 - 23:52

Bump - I'm back into Majora's Mask 3D, having not gotten very far before. I'm pretty into it - I like its black sheep feel, and how things all just start to make sense as you get more masks and work out the solutions to other characters' problems. I think my main criticism would be that it's not particularly well explained how rewinding time actually affects everything, and while I know people will jump in and shout "HAND HOLDING IS FOR WIENERS", I would argue that when the mechanic makes up the basis for the entire game, it's maybe worth clarifying how it works rather than leaving it up to trial and error.

Anyway, once I finish this, I only have to beat Virtue's Last Reward and then I'll have beaten (albeit not 100%ed) every retail 3DS game I own. Unheard of!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 9 May 2017 - 21:00

Huzzah! What then, el Presidente? Upgrade to Switch?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 9 May 2017 - 23:32

Oh no, I'm not in a position to buy a Switch at the moment. Reckon I'll be content with 3DS, PS4 and Wii U stuff for a long while. I have plenty of games I haven't managed to beat - and there are a lot of games out for all three which I should be able to nab for reasonable prices!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 10:51

Working my way through Gunman Clive 2, it's just as bonkers as the first with the way it progresses, good retro fun though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 19:38

Rum Rapture wrote:
Oh no, I'm not in a position to buy a Switch at the moment. Reckon I'll be content with 3DS, PS4 and Wii U stuff for a long while. I have plenty of games I haven't managed to beat - and there are a lot of games out for all three which I should be able to nab for reasonable prices!

Aww. Oh well, I guess if you're still working your way through backlogs that's fair enough. Still, was sad not having Jay around for Wii U discussion last generation, and that was when there was another machine running concurrently; so hope you'll be able to pick one up before long!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 12:36

Team Kirby Clash Deluxe's post-game content has relaxed its claws enough to allow me to get back into DQVII. I think I'm near the end as we speak communicate, so I'm hoping to finish the blighter off before Ever Oasis lands on Friday.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 20 Jun 2017 - 2:04

Ever since I got the guide book in Japan I've gone back to Mario Maker as it's given me a heap of new ideas
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:11

As Ever Oasis has left the building disc slot, I've reverted to type and it's the turn of Dragon Quest VIII to shine. Early days, less than an hour in, but I can already tell I'm going to have much more fun with it than I did with DQVII. Also got hold of Kirby's Blowout Blast, which is very gentle fun. Another expanded minigame from Planet Robobobobobot, it's the 3D one where you've got none of your Copy Abilities. It's very slight but I've read it's primary a score attack, so... we'll see. Too much love for dat Kirby. Grin
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 7:14

What is it that's appealing to you more than VII? From the off in VIII I felt I was just being pushed on from town to town with little impact with characters I liked less than VIIs. I can't even remember how far I got as it just left that little impact...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 7:41

At the minute, like any good mark, I have been seduced by the pretty. Also, the 'return' of skill points and the ability to select exactly the monster you want to be attacking has made me happy. I really haven't gotten far enough into it to judge how the story and structure are going to compare to VII (where, unfortunately, I felt partly like you do about VIII: shunted from town to town too quickly to develop a feel for the place, though I did like the idea of returning many years later, to see how your actions were remembered). Time will tell, sir!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 12:29

Having misplaced my Switch charging lead briefly, my plan to start on Metroid: Samus Returns in December has been brought forward a bit. My eyes needed some time to get used to the 3D, but once they did, found it glorious - which makes me sadder than ever that Nintendo has so obviously decided it was a misstep. And hearing the jingle when Samus stepped out of her ship made my heart sing.

My 3DS then decided it had had enough. Fortunately I'd just got to the first save point, but it has made my plan for this to be my final 3DS game even firmer... and increased my worries about said game being one with save points, rather than of the 'save anywhere' variety. Pale
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 20:37

Ack - so your 3DS is in trouble? Aww! Is there any point in sending to the Nintendoctor's to be fixèd?

(I'm trying to Nuzlocke Ultra Moon and have lost my starter to a recklessly early challenge of Captain Illima. Currently the proud owner of a Grubbin, an Ekans and a whole heap of panic.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 20:56

IT DID IT AGAIN! DAMN YOU! Up until now they've been isolated incidents, but now it's happened twice in a row. And this time a goodly chunk of progress was indeed lost.

Not for one game, I don't think. The Lady's kindly offered to let me borrow hers over December. No chance of me getting Sushi Striker now, but such is life. Sad

Grinding time?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 21:04

That's how my longest-standing DS died (which I feel I've told you before). It is a crying shame to see a console go that way. Sad I'm glad you'll get to experience M:SR, for it is worthy. Cool

And, yes, grinding. Much of it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyTue 28 Nov 2017 - 21:20

It does feel as much, even from my earliest of touches. It's another game, along with Ever Oasis, that I'm sad was a 3DS game at this point in its life cycle. It feels (and again, very early days) like it deserves the attention.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 10:10

Had a scary moment with mine the other day too where the buttons were just doing whatever they wanted and there was a lot of input lag, I did write it's been fine since but now seems to be doing it again as I'm writing this message, could this be the end for me and the 3DS?

On topic I've been playing Ultra Sun, no Nuzlocke although I'm thinking that might be a mistake as it's been very underwhelming so far. I think I was expecting more to have changed so probably my own fault.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 19:18

Treesmurf wrote:
On topic I've been playing Ultra Sun, no Nuzlocke although I'm thinking that might be a mistake as it's been very underwhelming so far. I think I was expecting more to have changed so probably my own fault.

Likewise. Black 2, the last in-gen sequel, continued the story of B&W. The Ultras don't seem to be following suit, and I'm not sure I'm OK with that. My big thing in buying the game was a hope about the continuation of Lillie's story; I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen in the game. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 18:34

I read the US&UM were Japan's worst reviewed mainline Pokémon games ever, which raised a concern or two for me. Sounds like the video game reviewers of Japan may have been right!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 EmptyThu 30 Nov 2017 - 21:11

Agreed.  (Snu)Bullet somewhat dodged!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 29 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 38  Next