We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?

Go down 
+35
OrangeRakoon
gjones
oldschool
SquidgyGoat
Xelviar
JayMoyles
Cube
Rum
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
awesomedude
Kieron
nupkin
Silver light
NintenDUCK
SuperPaperLink
Axis1500
Athrun888
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Fancy Fancy
Admin
ZeroSuitSamus2
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Vidofnir
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 3 Nov 2021 - 8:54

Balladeer wrote:
Regarding the big Nintendo games though, I get where you're coming from, especially regarding polish and 3D games...  I just don't get why you wouldn't prefer the Switch in that case!  It has bigger better 3D games and more polish, and it's very much still a handheld.

There's just something about the 3DS, and as Buska points out - it still fits in my pocket. As much as I very much enjoy the Switch, the JoyCons will bug me to my grave unless we get proper revamped ones before the generation's end, and also it just generally seems so much harder to get the little niche games in physical format compared to DS and 3DS. Limited Run Games is cool, but miss out on something you want and expect to pony up your life savings online for some game that was printed in 2017. I am still bitter about Super Rare Games (or whichever company it was) only ever getting rights to The Messenger and Snake Pass.  Hissy fit

As for DS: I still absolutely love the DS, but maybe my collection just has grown to the point where I start to see the wacky stuff drowning out the core stuff compared to the 3DS. Far from a complaint, just more of an observation on the casual perception of the two.

I get that these are very "me-centric" reasons...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 3 Nov 2021 - 9:06

Interesting about the physical games as just talking in the monthly release thread that the Switch getting game called Perky Little Things physically and it gets so many random games physically.

Sure not ya thing and got all the weird deals but think from doing the monthly thread things, I'd say Switch easily gets more physical games than PS4 a year.

I'm not playing anything on my 3DS but did turn mine on yesterday, some random game come out on the eShop at the end of October. Also a good little sale with Persona Q for £6, Stella Glow £12 for example and much cheaper than physical versions if you just want to play them. I'm bit tempted by PQ as I think mine is sealed, so can still play it cheap.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 3 Nov 2021 - 21:58

Stella GlowPale

stu_the_great wrote:
I get that these are very "me-centric" reasons...

They're fair enough all the same!  I didn't get a lot of the casual games on the DS which I think boosted my perception of the handheld; and I've fully made the transition to having a healthy digital library of smaller games on Switch without worrying too much about it, despite still being a fan of physical titles where I can get them.  A lot of it's going to boil down to which games on what click with who though, and that's all personal taste!

Buskalilly wrote:
Doesn't fit in the pocket though, like a real handheld. I can't have sneaky games of Switch on the toilet at work, can I?

As somebody who works from home most of the time now, Shifty
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyThu 4 Nov 2021 - 8:54

Balladeer wrote:
Stella GlowPale

There seems to be surprising number of outlets still selling Stella Glow at not-too-scalpery prices at the moment for some reason. I got mine from The Gamery, but I notice that 365 Games also has them in stock too, which I swear they didn't before:

https://www.365games.co.uk/3ds-games/stella-glow-3ds-game?language=en&gclid=cjwkcajwiy6mbhbqeiwarfscpmrvug2k2pdtrkwtslkuobig6504xcbtdtskhpragbnfssjxlr9nyhocqv0qavd_bwe

It gets listed for three times that price on eBay, or it did when I bought my copy. (Then again, what doesn't on eBay these days? Ever checked the prices of some of the GBA big-hitters like Metroid Fusion?  Afraid )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyThu 4 Nov 2021 - 8:57

£44 still seems a lot but cheaper than CEX who are £55, but either way if you just wanted to play £12 on eShop be the way to go.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyFri 5 Nov 2021 - 8:47

I've been thinking I'd better pick up the original version of Rune Factory 4 before the eShop is memory holed. Nobody sadder than me that it didn't get a boxed release in PAL territories.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyFri 5 Nov 2021 - 22:25

stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Stella GlowPale

There seems to be surprising number of outlets still selling Stella Glow at not-too-scalpery prices at the moment for some reason. I got mine from The Gamery, but I notice that 365 Games also has them in stock too, which I swear they didn't before:

https://www.365games.co.uk/3ds-games/stella-glow-3ds-game?language=en&gclid=cjwkcajwiy6mbhbqeiwarfscpmrvug2k2pdtrkwtslkuobig6504xcbtdtskhpragbnfssjxlr9nyhocqv0qavd_bwe

It gets listed for three times that price on eBay, or it did when I bought my copy.

Frankly they should pay you three times the price for having to look at Nonoka in that game. No
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyFri 12 Nov 2021 - 15:27

TBH I don't know the first thing about Stella Glow, besides it being the last game from the studio that brought us Luminous Arc?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptySat 13 Nov 2021 - 8:16

Balladeer wrote:

As somebody who works from home most of the time now, Shifty

I know Andy's already-ludicrous game completion rate shot up when he started working from home.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 11:05

Hey I work from home still and it's dropped right back down now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 12:53

You used to "work" from home, but now you've found yourself having to work from home.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyMon 15 Nov 2021 - 21:22

It's true.  As time spent to work increases, my JRPG progress rate decreases.  It's also changed my style of playing, since I'm much happier putting a JRPG down basically wherever than I would be some other genres.

stu_the_great wrote:
TBH I don't know the first thing about Stella Glow, besides it being the last game from the studio that brought us Luminous Arc?

It has a paper bag with tits and a whole-body fishnet as one of the characters.  That's all anybody should need to know about it.  I gave it a dishonourable mention here. (Otherwise, like the Luminous Arcs, it's a standard TBS game - but that is a massive otherwise.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 10:20

Not accurate as Fire Emblem Awakening not showing for me, which makes sense as I don't know how many 3DS systems I've had and certainly didn't do a transfer with my first and had issues with my New 3DS.

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 My_3ds10

Then one had point three of the systems as bought cheap 2DS for Pokémon transfers or something.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:59

Yeah, the Fire Emblem 3DS games were missing from my infographic as well as well, which meant Pokemon Shuffle of all things got my number 3 spot. Number one and two were Smash 3DS and MHGen, unsurprisingly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 12:13

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 3ds_me10
Fair enough that Monster Hunter and Pokemon are up there, but where's Animal Crossing? Madness.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 12:20

JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah, the Fire Emblem 3DS games were missing from my infographic as well as well, which meant Pokemon Shuffle of all things got my number 3 spot. Number one and two were Smash 3DS and MHGen, unsurprisingly.

Chatting elsewhere, when mentioned had a lot of 3DS systems, don't really think about stats when changing over. I'm just thinking long as I've got my game and saves (looks at Switch where says not play MK8D till last week and lost my Animal Crossing save) that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 12:24

That makes sense; Monster Hunter and Pokemon would all have been played on my final model.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 13:28

I upgraded from an original 3DS to a new 3DS XL at some point, so I imagine a similar thing has happened to me - I'm sure Animal Crossing would have made top 3 in my 'real' playtime otherwise.

I also remember, in a boring old retail job I had, going to the changing room, locking myself in a cubicle, and playing Smash Bros 3DS for a bit of 'me time'. I wonder if anyone thought I was just a weird pervert.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 18:12

So it turns out I played a lot of 3DS, I'm not sure what happened with everyone's missing games but that looks like what I would have expected from my top 3 (unless StreetPass games are included as I reckon that'd be second).

Yes that is a crazy amount of time for Pokemon Shuffle, I almost always attempted the daily challenge and got several repeated Pokemon deep in terms of progress, not sure what it was but I was hooked, not sure if I ever spent money on it though and if I did it wasn't much. The favourite genres part is very accurate too, more specifically it was Pokémon and Picross rather than RPG and Puzzle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 19:24

Aye same here, I've had a fair few 3ds' (flashbacks to that horrible transfer process) and my stats look correct to me.

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 FLuCCmwXoAMWIdH?format=jpg&name=large
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 21:10

What even is number 3, Jas? I would have guessed all three spots to be Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 22:57

Number 3 is the drawing/painting app Colors 3d. Fun fact: That's where the forum mascot Grackler was drawn.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 23:57

It was drawn on a 3DS? That's even more perfect!
Rum wrote:
I also remember, in a boring old retail job I had, going to the changing room, locking myself in a cubicle, and playing Smash Bros 3DS for a bit of 'me time'. I wonder if anyone thought I was just a weird pervert.
I hunted many a monster in the toilet when I worked at Tesco!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 14:21

Yeah boi!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 21:37

That's fair enough too, but I'm amazed I wasn't all Smashed out when For Wii U came out! Laughing at Default (on 102h) outranking Second (on 71h), Second's by far the better game. Laughing too at how small my playtime was compared to some of you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?    What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?  - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your 3DS/DS right now?
Page 37 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next