We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? Empty
PostSubject: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 11:54

See topic title.

The last retro game I played was Hamster Paradise 3 on Game Boy Color: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVtt3PoRFHc

From what I've played so far, it's not the best game ever. There's not as much to work towards as, say, Monkey Puncher.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 13:44

Mega Man 2, from the let's All Play thread.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 15:20

Umm punch out on the U
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:33

Also Punch Out, such a classic it is too & funny how you remember all the tells an opponent has after all these years.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 18:36

I still need to finish all three Punch-Out!!s.

I'll get my coat.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 0:12

Playing little bits of Links Awakening. I get stuck and then don't want to look it up on the internet to progress.

Also, the Pokemon trading card game on game-boy. I don't know why, there is something oddly therapeutic to it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 8:33

Another vote for LA. I got all five golden leaves - then modern games happened.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 10:40

Vidofnir wrote:
Also, the Pokemon trading card game on game-boy. I don't know why, there is something oddly therapeutic to it.

I made it all the way to the final tournament as a kid, and then I couldn't work out how to trigger it. Must revisit it at some point and do a Duh! for probably being dim.

I'm hopeless at Link's Awakening, but then I've never really liked it much anyway.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:10

Blasphemy!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:22

It just felt like a poor man's Link to the Past to me (which I loved).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 16:20

Umm ages and seasons
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 19:13

The Legend of Dragoon. I feel almost like i've gone to gaming heaven playing this, it's been that good so far.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 19:24

Silver light wrote:
The Legend of Dragoon. I feel almost like i've gone to gaming heaven playing this, it's been that good so far.

Ooh, I always wanted to play that after playing a bit of it on an old OPM demo disc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 19:30

JayMoyles wrote:
Silver light wrote:

Ooh, I always wanted to play that after playing a bit of it on an old OPM demo disc.

Exactly the same here, actually - i played that demo and i've been itching to play it ever since. It's not disappointed me at all so far.

...Also, that makes me think...the demo play must have been over a decade ago now....boy, do i feel old xD
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySun 2 Jun 2013 - 21:11

Fire pro wrestling returns (ps2) after I bagged a copy from my brothers psn download history (natch) simply the best wrestling game in terms of controls & the massive amount of editing options you have, shame the download version has snipped away the local MP & it lacks any kind of career mode.

Yet I can still easily sit & play it for hours due to the amount of match types it has.

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 10:34

Been revisiting a few GameCube games recently. However did I play Mario Sunshine to 97 stars when I was a lot younger, 11 years ago? I can barely fathom out the camera angles in the levels where Mario is/was Fludd-less.

Stu_the_great wrote:

Nooooo, don't say that!

It might be worth revisiting it with a fresh mind -- link Majora's Mask A Link To The Past shows a different side to the Zelda universe rather than a straight-up sequel. One of my favourite Zelda games full stop.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 3 Jun 2013 - 21:00

sporkhead wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

Nooooo, don't say that!

I played about as far through as I did years ago when I downloaded it upon VC release, and my opinion hasn't really changed. Doesn't help that I find little time to get accustomed to the overworld, either.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 7:11

Oracle Of Ages and Kirby's Dream Course. They're both fun in their own ways, as well as pretty tough.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 7:39

It seems I was wrong about fire pro not having a career mode, it has match maker mode where you essentially become a wrestling promoter & have to create a PPV event where you are then rated on how successful said event was.

You can take part in any of these matches as well.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 18:57

Stu_the_great wrote:
I still need to finish all three Punch-Out!!s.
What a game Super Punch-Out! is, play that!

I've been having a bit of a Gamecube kick lately. Mario Superstar Baseball and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour mostly. Can't wait for the new Mario Golf 3DS game, hoping and praying for a new Mario Baseball game.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 2:25

We Love Katamari.

Previously I'd only played the post Takahashi games, where Namco decided to run the series to the ground with plenty of uninspired spinoffs (which, admittedly, were still fun).

But this is the big cheese, and I've had so much fun with it so far, with the game's creativity being eons ahead of its dull sequels.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 11:42

Beat dungeon three in LA yesterday. Needed a walkthrough to find Frederic's house again though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 22:29

Starfox on my US SNES. I proffered up a little tip for a Twitter follower - then fired it up to make sure I was right Laughing 

The tip being, after double tapping "R" (say) to barrel roll, as soon as the Arwing spins (it does slightly more than a 360 spin before correcting itself) and begins to level out, simply tap the R once more to spin again. If you get the timing right, you can single tap ad infinitum for all your rolling needs.

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? Michael+Caine+the+swarm <( Not a lot of people know that )
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 19:47

Batman: The Video Game (NES) for me. Received today and the first time I've ever played it, I'm enjoying it very much indeed. Having unlimited continues in a game of this ilk feels very generous indeed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 0:06

Was that from Capcom or Sunsoft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 1 of 28Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next