We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Go down 
+6
shanks
Sentinator
spacemanDOUG
Admin
TGN Professor
The_Jaster
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Aliens: Colonial Marines Empty
PostSubject: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 23:00

Anyone else interested in this? Since I'm a big Aliens fan I'll be all over this like white on rice and it'd be nice to have few folk to play it in co-op with.

Back to top Go down
TGN Professor
Ejected into the Lava
TGN Professor

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 19:30

It looks good, and the motion tracker is a good fit for the gamepad screen. Hopefully it will make up for the disappointing Prometheus.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 23:07

I still need to unseal Aliens Infestation...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 0:29

TGN Professor wrote:
It looks good, and the motion tracker is a good fit for the gamepad screen. Hopefully it will make up for the disappointing Prometheus.

I really liked Prometheus, it was certainly better than the Alien 3 but this should be a discussion for another section.

I'm still really miffed about the wii U release date most online shops have it as the other platforms date (February 12th) but Nintendo's release schedule said the Q2 of 2013 oh and I was tweeted from a GAME account that they had it down as the 12th too. Eh?
Back to top Go down
spacemanDOUG
Payne Brother
spacemanDOUG

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:25

I really hope they do a good bundle as I'd almost certainly buy it with the Wii U if that's the case, I imagine it'll be the cause of some sleepless nights playing it in bed, maybe under the covers with the Wii U Tongue

(Also I really liked Prometheus Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 6:39

I have it on preorder at Amazon. This is one of the few shooters which actually caught my attention. I really like the sound of being able to play as the aliens.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 7:25

Nope
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 14:26

I'm going to have to play with randoms, aren't I? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyTue 29 Jan 2013 - 18:40

If you want you can play co-op with me but I can't promise I will be any good Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 13:09

cant wait is is the wiiu version out, and promeathus (cant spell) was good better then alien 3 and 4. anything is better then 4
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 15:29

@masofdas wii U version still has no solid date but it is due in Q2 (second quarter) which is soon.

EDIT: The fact that this isn't out the same day as the other formats really bugs me, no real excuse for it when devs were crowing about how easy it is to port stuff to wii U so with that said with that extra month or two dev time is it wrong of me to expect some sort of bonus content?

Back to top Go down
spacemanDOUG
Payne Brother
spacemanDOUG

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyFri 1 Feb 2013 - 23:18

Well it'll be different at least, I think I remember them saying it will incorporate the Wii U as the motion sensor, and even if that's all it does that's still pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 0:27

Aye, the motion sensor idea is great but really obvious when ye think about it so it'd be a real waste if that's all they bring to the table.............anyhow I'm sure I'll still enjoy it.

Back to top Go down
spacemanDOUG
Payne Brother
spacemanDOUG

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySat 16 Feb 2013 - 22:03

So this turned out to be... Sulk

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySun 17 Feb 2013 - 16:52

A shame about the bad reviews this recieved, I cancelled my pre-order & will wait for a drop in price so I can judge it for myself.
Back to top Go down
spacemanDOUG
Payne Brother
spacemanDOUG

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySun 17 Feb 2013 - 19:48

I wouldn't waste the money, it seems to have been a right fuck up, Gearbox seem to have spent their time on Borderlands 2 and tried to use Timegate to finish the game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18ewf4/a_lot_of_you_are_rightfully_upset_at_the_final/

Quote :
First off, due to me breaking NDA, I can't provide any proof that I'm not just talking out of my ass. But I figure you'd be interested in hearing what I have to say regardless. I've been on the project for around a year and a half, so some of the following are things I've heard from more senior guys.
Pecan (the internal codename for ACM) has a pretty long history. SEGA, GBX and 20th Century FOX came to an agreement to produce an Aliens game around 6 years ago, after which SEGA almost immediately announced it, long before Pecan had even started production. The game has been in active development in the past, only to be shelved in favor of another project (Borderlands, Duke, etc), and each time it was resumed it would undergo a major content overhaul.
SEGA, naturally, wasn't super pleased about the delays, but GBX got away with it for a long time and the contract between SEGA and GBX kept getting augmented to push the projected release further and further back. The last time it was resumed, GBX outsourced a good portion of the game to outside companies. Initially, the plan was for TimeGate to take the majority of campaign, GBX would take MP, Demiurge and Nerve would handle DLC and various other focused tasks. This decision was made mostly so that most of the developers at GBX could continue working on Borderlands 2, while a small group of LDs, coders and designers dealt with Pecan.
Somehow the schedules for Pecan and Borderlands 2 managed to line up and GBX realized that there was no fucking way they could cert and ship two titles at the same time. Additionally, campaign (which was being developed by TimeGate) was extremely far behind, even as Pecan's Beta deadline got closer and closer. In April or May (can't remember which), Pecan was supposed to hit beta, but GBX instead came to an agreement with SEGA that they would push the release date back one more time, buying GBX around 9 mos extension.
About 5 of those 9 months went to shipping BL2. In that time, TimeGate managed to scrap together 85% of the campaign, but once Borderlands 2 shipped and GBX turned its attention to Pecan, it became pretty apparent that what had been made was in a pretty horrid state. Campaign didn't make much sense, the boss fights weren't implemented, PS3 was way over memory, etcetcetc. GBX was pretty unhappy with TG's work, and some of Campaign maps were just completely redesigned from scratch. There were some last minute feature requests, most notably female marines, and the general consensus among GBX devs was that there was no way this game was going to be good by ship. There just wasn't enough time.
Considering that SEGA was pretty close to taking legal action against GBX, asking for an extension wasn't an option, and so Pecan crash-landed through certification and shipping. Features that were planned were oversimplified, or shoved in (a good example of this are challenges, which are in an incredibly illogical order). Issues that didn't cause 100% blockers were generally ignored, with the exception of absolutely horrible problems. This isn't because GBX didn't care, mind you. At a certain point, they couldn't risk changing ANYTHING that might cause them to fail certification or break some other system. And so, the product you see is what you get.
Beyond gameplay, the story has been raised as an issue several times. I can't really comment without feeling bad beyond saying that the script was approved by 20th Century FOX, and that the rush to throw a playable product together came at the cost of the story. Campaign does a pretty bad job of explaining a lot of the questions raised at the start of the game, and so hopefully there will be DLC to flesh that out a bit better.
I'll answer some questions, but I have to run soon, so it may take a while for responses.

Quote :
Just to clarify, Everything Timegate did was under clear and explicit direction from Gearbox. Gearbox had creative control of everything that occurred at TG. In addition, Gearbox was responsible for firing some of the most talented people (and internationally recognized as such) TG had employed, all of which were snatched up immediately by competitors. It was Gearbox's shitty oversight of the project that led to the product you all now have before you. I wouldn't expect you to understand, considering you're probably some QA who has no idea what goes on outside of his department. But TG had absolutely no control of what was produced, they did exactly what they were asked to. You should be furious with Gearbox for assigning such shit quality creative directors to the project.

Somebody, a supposed game tester, posted on reddit:

Quote :
Oh wow. Yes okay. I was hoping someone would ask this. I have played the WiiU version. The one that is supposedly the best of all of them? It is not. It is the worst. It is a bit of a joke. The WiiU is basically the same game as the console version but with framerate issues, worse texture loading, and horrendously misguided minigames thrown in. You get a 'scanner' to scan enemies and get bonus points that aid your harming them. When you cut open doors (which happens a lot in the game) you have a game where you have to keep the heat 'optimal'. They just add frustration, and take away even more from the fun. We don't know if it will come out, Sega are conisdering canceling it, but right now its still going.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySun 17 Feb 2013 - 22:47

Hmmm I guess we will see when the wii U reviews start appearing.
Back to top Go down
NonShinyGoose
Tingle's Dingle
NonShinyGoose

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 20:06

Now that the reviews are out it's very likely to die a quick death at retail. Maybe SEGA would be wise to release it straight at £19.99 or at a push £24.99.

Back to top Go down
Http://GamesAsylum.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 21:34

Cancelled. Anyone care by this point? No? Right then.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 21:39

I'm still annoyed that this didn't turn out any good, really, how do you mess up an aliens game so bad? *plays Aliens infestation on DS* ahhh that's better.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 21:53

Any lost Wii U game is bad, but this is allegedly pants anyway. At least nobody can be fooled into buying it now.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
spacemanDOUG
Payne Brother
spacemanDOUG

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 5:38

Ouch, guess they're cutting their losses, such a damn shame they mucked it up so badly.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 9:55

Seems like a mercy killing to me. Releasing a game with a poor reputation on another console several months later and at full price isn't a good idea.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 12:21

I canned my preorder as soon as i started to see the reviews of the ps3/360 version and all this stuff about thw wiiu version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines   Aliens: Colonial Marines Empty

Back to top Go down

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: