We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names

Go down 
+14
Rum
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Athrun888
Silver light
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names Empty
PostSubject: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:43

Jp box: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names Bravely_Default_box_art

Announced during ND, 2013 for Europe, 2014 for NA. The spirital sequel to Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light....needless to say, i'm excited. Very excited.

Last edited by Silver light on Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 21:10; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 16:51

So we're finally getting this eh. I'm looking forward to it despite knowing nothing about it. Now all we need is for Type 0 to get announced for a localization and I'll be content with Square Enix (though I've given up hope of that).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:00

I hadn't really given this game much attention, but the trailer managed to captivate me even though I knew the LTTP announcement was coming and was expecting that. I might actually pick this up, if it plays half as good as it looks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 17:13

Athrun888 wrote:
So we're finally getting this eh. I'm looking forward to it despite knowing nothing about it. Now all we need is for Type 0 to get announced for a localization and I'll be content with Square Enix (though I've given up hope of that).

Considering how it seems that NoE had to step in to save it (ah la la Xenoblade & co, although Ninty had published those in Japan as well themselves. Here, SE just couldn't be buggered with bothering to localise it seems), i wouldn't hold out any hope at all anymore for SE giving us Type-0.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:39

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Despite NGamer only giving it 55%, I really enjoyed Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes Of Light. I hope this goes a little easier on you but I'll almost certainly pick it up anyway. Grin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 20:42

I'm looking forward to this, if only because of the amount of love it's received from online communities since it came out in Japan.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:15

About flipping time! And why am I not surprised to see that it's SL and Athrun doing all the orgasming over it. Razz I like my JRPGs, so will be keeping an eye on this! (I presume that the English translation will net it more than 55% too.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 7:33

Balladeer wrote:
(I presume that the English translation will net it more than 55% too.)
Ah. Embarrassed That 55% was the score for BD:FF's predecessor, Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes Of Light, not BD:FF itself. FF:T4HOL was a hard game, which wasn't helped by the early parts of the game demanding that you flew solo for so long. However, once the four heroes ( Duh! ) got together, it was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 10:10

ZeroJones wrote:
FF:T4HOL was a hard game

Wasn't it originally presented as a sort of easy way in to FF games? What happened there?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:12

Finally, finally, finally. I've had the demo of this on my Japanese 3DS for ages, and it's certainly a very promising RPG. Too bad I can't understand any of it, but it certainly had a unique battle system and the visuals and soundtrack are both beautiful.

Japanator's review is very positive, mentioning it's "probably the best new IP to come out of Square Enix since The World Ends With You."

Even if the Four Heroes of Light turned out to be a bit of a dud (going by the NGamer review) this has little connection to that game at all, being by a completely different team and disconnected from the Final Fantasy series.

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyThu 18 Apr 2013 - 14:16

I wouldn't call FF4HoL hard (in fact, for the most part it was easy as heck once you had the Lux magic), more as such that some of the mechanics were just shete. Not being able to pick targets for attacks/healing/etc really was an utter pain in the neck at times. Hey, game, i'm in a boss fight playing defensively, stop reviving my Blk. Mage instead of my Paladin, damnit! Etc.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyFri 19 Apr 2013 - 8:26

Buskalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
FF:T4HOL was a hard game

Wasn't it originally presented as a sort of easy way in to FF games? What happened there?
You played a lot of the early game with just one character (who rotated between the four that eventually made up the titular party). As Silver light has mentioned, you couldn't target attacks, but it did become much easier after a certain point (i.e. when your characters started coming together; once you had all four, things became easier).
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 1:15

Not "news" as such, but it's nice to have confirmation that it's still on for this year
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 7:07

There are some decent games in that graphic! Still got my eye on this, though there are at least four 3DS titles that are ahead of it in the list. I'm also not all that cut up that the 'Flying Fairy' part of the title seems to have been dropped. Now, can we persuade Nintendo to do that with the 'Bros' at the end of the latest Mario & Luigi game? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013 - 16:51

There a Sequel coming kinnda, it's called Bravely Default: For The Sequel but not actually a sequel more of a updated version of the first.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 10:33

They dropped the Fairy Flying part? I actually liked that, shame to hear it's been dropped.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 19:58

FF has ninjas among its jobs.  BD, well...

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names Bdefault_eu_06

I want to be a pirate with a large magical halberd! I loved FFIII on the DS, and this looks like it's hewn from the same cloth.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 20:19

I've known it as Bravely Default: Flying Fairy for so long now that the subtitle being dropped just seems weird. Still looking forward to this, though that may be down to the amount of online bitching I've heard from fans wanting the game translated.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 20:50

It's still called Bravely Default: Flying Fairy but the updated sequel version that's been announced at the moment is called Bravely Default: For The Sequel.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 21:16

masofdas wrote:
It's still called Bravely Default: Flying Fairy but the updated sequel version that's been announced at the moment is called Bravely Default: For The Sequel.
The localised version's had a subtitle change to Where the Fairy Flies. Kinda prefer it personally, also keeps the underlying meaning.

For The Sequel seems pretty much like one of those "Game of the Year" edition type games everything gets these days. Same game rereleased with some extra bells and whistles (which is also going to be avalible as DLC for the original version). Annoying that it seems the localised version will prolly just be the base one, though.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 22:19

Silver light wrote:
For The Sequel seems pretty much like one of those "Game of the Year" edition type games everything gets these days. Same game rereleased with some extra bells and whistles (which is also going to be avalible as DLC for the original version). Annoying that it seems the localised version will prolly just be the base one, though.[/color]
It's also nearly as bad a subtitle as that for Ragnarok Online II: Legend Of The Second
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 8:15

What about the recent brother's a tale of two sons, that's a silly title.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 20:03

If we're talking stupid names; Revengance.

So, it seems we are getting the improved version. That's pretty good then. The 3DS' best year ever is just gonna keep getting better it seems.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 18:05

1st English Trailer of For the Sequel which is the version were getting.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 18:31

Thanks for posting this, Mas: CVG's linked video had broken. My thoughts, in order:

• Expecting the FF crystal theme to kick in right about now.
  • Faaaaanservice.
  • Please tell me I can change the voices to Jap- oh, I can. Thank the lord.
  • How much honey did she have to choke down before speaking?
  • So this is FFIIIDS with pretty CGI, then. Not necessarily a bad thing.
  • There's no way in hell that falling person is dead.
  • Airships, ships... The ideas envelope is not being pushed here.
  • The white mage's voice acting is better than "Airy's", and that is the only good thing there is to say about it.
  • Yup, this battle scheme is all pretty familiar.
  • "My hero's got no nose!" "How does he smell?" "He can't, he's got no nose, you prick."
  • NO please don't produce a characters trailer, PLEASE. Do you want to put your entire Western audience off this badly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names   Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravely Default - Or, Square Enix still loves stupid names
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next