We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 15:06

The launch line-up isn't taking us anywhere we haven't been before, but did we expect it to? I seem to think we were told that the 30p downloads were a taster of what was to come from the Virtual Console, so I'm not surprised to see those games in here. Have prices been revealed yet? Can't remember seeing anything. Based on Wii VC pricing, can we expect to be paying £6+ for SNES games, and £4.50+ for NES ones? Hope not. And how much would Gamecube games be offered for? At least a tenner I'd wager.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 16:12

The graphic on the Nintendo Direct before Balloon Fight came out said that NES VC games would be £3.49 and SNES VC games would be £5.49.

Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 20:21

So NES games are 1p cheaper, and SNES games are 11p cheaper than they were on Wii. Savings! Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 20:31

And we've already bought them all before. Yay! Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 22:19

Ye think they would've had a wider selection & not put any of the 30p anniversary games in there straight away. Sulk
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013 - 23:26

Stu_the_great wrote:
Don't forget you can re-download them again on to your Wii U (for a price)...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 21:55

treesmurf11 wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
Don't forget you can re-download them again on to your Wii U (for a price)...
That seems stupid, but... I think I'm gonna pay a pound to play Super Mario World on something that's not the classic controller.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013 - 23:28

Well there's the off screen play and Miiverse support too, neither interest me, I can split my TV screen to show two things at once anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
LikesVideoGames
Ejected into the Lava
LikesVideoGames

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 3:10

Hmmm... y'know, I'm really interested in some N64 games, actually. Majora's Mask would be great in HD, for example. Of course, I'm still interested in SNES and NES games, too, and maybe Gamecube games will be put up there someday. But I'm tired of being flogged back the same Virtual Console catalog as on the Wii, and I really think they should lower prices. (Super Mario World is eight dollars? For a twenty-year old game?!) That's why I'm really supporting the release of Earthbound. It's a game that hasn't been on the VC before, and I'm definitely wanting to play it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 7:09

Phillips wrote:
The graphic on the Nintendo Direct before Balloon Fight came out said that NES VC games would be £3.49 and SNES VC games would be £5.49.
Let's hope we can look forward to the sales that eShop downloads sometimes enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 14:44

These titles have been teased for a release soon on Virtual Console...

Mega Man
Xevious
Balloon Fight
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter II
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Anything there take anyone's interest? I exhausted Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on Wii Virtual Console, absolutely loved that game, tempted to re-buy it. Same goes for Street Fighter II, think the control stick on the Gamepad could be good for this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 14:53

I saw Super Metroid mentioned on CVG. If true, that's the only one. That said, isn't SGnG meant to be one of those really hard platformers?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 14:56

LttP is the only one I'd be interested in, but I have that on Wii VC and see no reason to upgrade as I've played it plenty. I've never finished Super Metroid soI'd be tempted by that.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 15:32

We already know Super Metroid is out next month, so I didn't include that there, these are newly announced titles coming to Virtual Console.

Balladeer wrote:
That said, isn't SGnG meant to be one of those really hard platformers?
I didn't find it as tough as its made out to be.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 18:14

Toying with the idea of picking up A Link To The Past to get me in the right mood for the 3DS title. Beyond that there's nothing to tickle my fancy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 18:34

A Link to the past for me as I've never finished it before though I came close & cruelly got my save data deleted.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 22:16

The_Jaster wrote:
A Link to the past for me as I've never finished it before though I came close & cruelly got my save data deleted.
I've got to have LttP on every console possible; therefore I'll be paying £1.50 to get it WiiU-ised.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 0:54

Dusty Knackers wrote:

Mega Man
Xevious
Balloon Fight
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter II

Mince
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got

...there are plenty of NES and SNES games that I'm interested in owning on Wii U VC, but this upcoming list includes none of them. Acht!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 1:28

Dusty Knackers wrote:

Mega Man
Xevious
Balloon Fight
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter II

Pretty sub-par launch list for those familiar with the VC. I wouldn't purchase any of these.

I already own Mega Man on several formats, Xevious is pants as is Balloon Fight, and I already own the other titles, some on multiple formats.
However, if you're new to VC, I'd recommend them all bar Xevious and Balloon Fight, and possibly Mega Man if you're not a fan of the series - hold out for Mega Man 2 instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 19:24

I've already picked up Super Mario World and it still plays as great as ever. I probably will end up getting LttP on the Wii U VC, I never downloaded it on the Wii VC thanks to those stupid points cards. Ideally SM64 will be one of the first N64 releases, just so I can have some off screen action with it. Finally, and I know it'll never happen, I would love to see Goldeneye make an appearance on the VC.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 16:04

Phillips wrote:
Dusty Knackers wrote:

Mega Man
Xevious
Balloon Fight
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Bros.
Street Fighter II

Mince
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got
Got

From what I've read, this could be a pattern with the Virtual Console on Wii U - a lot of of games we've already had released being brought to Wii U.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 21:14

If only we coud swap em like football stickers, need, need, got, need, got, got, got, need.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 21:44

I've got a doubler of Lylat Wars, trade for Yoshi's Story? (That'd be a shite trade, all told)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 22:37

If Cruis'n USA were a Panini football sticker, it would be Filip Šebo.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 May 2013 - 23:47

I wonder if the contracts publishers signed for releasing Virtual Console games only ever attained to "Wii releases", rather than "Nintendo platform releases".

Bit of a shame, because it'd be ace if we had the entire library of games up and running, with those with Wii U/Miiverse/60hz functionality highlighted in some form or another.

I was reading the games inbox over at GameCentral and one reader mentioned how a Netflix-style subscription service for Virtual Console and I was thinking this would certainly be something I'd be willing to pay for. Say, the ultimate license to gain access to a large variety of retro titles. Anyone else think this would be quite ace?

There are quite a few old games on VC which I'd love to try, but am not willing to buy (it's a shame how games are priced based on format, not on the publisher's perceived willingness to pay).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next