We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 13:37

Never played it - should I? Eh?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 14:01

I'd say yes! I've got it on Wii VC and it's a really fun little diversion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 21:43

That's long overdue - Snap 2 on Wii U should have been a thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 21:54

Snap is great - it's the best Pokémon spin-off ever.

The Loch Ness Monster, The Bermuda Triange, the Mary Celeste and the Black Dahlia Murder; none of these are as great an unsolved mystery than the one surrounding the whereabouts of a Pokémon Snap sequel.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 22:55

At the time, Pokemon Snap seemed a bit lightweight for N64 cartridge prices. This however is very tempting...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptySun 21 Aug 2016 - 3:01

I already own it on Wii but I might just buy it again in the hope good sales will lead to that long overdue sequel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 19:31

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/nintendo_download_20th_october_europe

There's going to be a handful of Virtual Console games on sale for a fortnight, starting this Thursday. They're all Halloween deals:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 20:34

Love the idea and there's a lot there, too. Might get myself Devil World, just out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016 - 20:39

Hmmm... which is the best portable Castlevania on that list, in people's opinions?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016 - 20:45

Aria of Sorrow is the correct choice Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016 - 23:08

Aria of Sorrow is the best of the bunch there, yep. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 20:34

I'll give Aria of Sorrow a bash, as I hear that it's the shortest and least Metroidvania-ey of the three GBA games. I wish Castlevania would go back to the side-scrolling platformer style of Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania IV though - those games are magic. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth on WiiWare is an absolute belter too. If somebody were to develop a game like those, in 2016 they'd stand alone in the genre of one. Everything's a Metroidvania these days.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 20:53

...when it's not a 2D platformer! I need to find some more of these Metroidvanias that hound you, apart from the Shantae games and Axiom Verge I've not found many recent ones and I love the genre.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed 19 Oct 2016 - 21:04

Balladeer wrote:
...when it's not a 2D platformer!  I need to find some more of these Metroidvanias that hound you, apart from the Shantae games and Axiom Verge I've not found many recent ones and I love the genre.

If you love Metroidvanias, I can't recommend NiGHTS Into Dreams enough.

Love
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 9:57

You've suggested that before... Right, that's going to be my tenth PS3 game. Need to knuckle down and do some purchasing this weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 14:48

That backfired a bit. NiGHTS Into Dreams isn't a Metroidvania - it couldn't be any further away from being a Metroidvania. I don't even know what the hell it is. But it's a classic all the same.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 14:57

Which version is on PSN?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:43

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'll give Aria of Sorrow a bash, as I hear that it's the shortest and least Metroidvania-ey of the three GBA games. I wish Castlevania would go back to the side-scrolling platformer style of Rondo of Blood and Super Castlevania IV though - those games are magic. Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth on WiiWare is an absolute belter too. If somebody were to develop a game like those, in 2016 they'd stand alone in the genre of one. Everything's a Metroidvania these days.

I'd actually get behind this. Action platformers are outweighed by Metroidvanias very heavily in this day and age.

Aria of Sorrow is still absolutely a Metroidvania, though, so do keep that in mind. It's a banger nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 10:38

If you love Metroidvanias, I can't recommend FIFA 14 enough.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 11:49

Jimbob wrote:

There is a lot of backtracking...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 11:34

ZeroJones wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 Picard_clapping-250x189
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 18:57

ZeroJones wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 0OJIB
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 23:00

Jesus, that backtracking gag was cracking. Applause

~

This has been my most anticipated Wii U release since probably Super Mario Maker: the NTSC version of F-Zero X is coming out on the Virtual Console this week. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, and thinking about the thousands of games I've played in the last twenty-three years, F-Zero X is one of my absolute favourites ever. It's very probably in my top five, it's that good. I got the PAL version fof Christmas 1998, and I'd guess that it's the only game that I've played for more than 500 hours. Basically, I just bloody love F-Zero X.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 14:10

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Basically, I just bloody love F-Zero X.

Maybe you should marry it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri 4 Nov 2016 - 15:53

How you finding it as I saw someone tweeted about it and more as well, that NLife has even now got this up on their site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next