We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WII U UPDATE IS HERE

Go down 
+5
Buskalilly
Sentinator
The_Jaster
Balladeer
Axis1500
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

WII U UPDATE IS HERE Empty
PostSubject: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 1:34

Adds the following:

Changes to Miiverse:

Added support for the Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, and Classic Controller
Handwritten posts will now also display on the TV screen during creation
"Undo" and "Redo" buttons are now available when creating a handwritten post
Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to Nintendo eShop:

Software downloaded from the Nintendo eShop will include released updates and will no longer need to be updated after installation
Removed screen size setting. This option can now be adjusted from System Settings

Changes to the Internet Browser:

Added support for the Wii Remote and Wii U Pro Controller
Added the option to change search engines when performing a keyword search
Added the option to return to the start page from the bookmark menu

Changes to Download Management:

Added the option to change the priority of downloads
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 7:44

Axis1500 wrote:
"Undo" and "Redo" buttons are now available when creating a handwritten post

yesssssss
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 13:38

Sounds good, I'm currently downloading it.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 14:57

lol Mass Effect 3 still loads the same.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 18:53

Downloaded overnight, I think, while I was getting Rayman Challenge App. I guess stuff loads quicker? Its not the biggest change ever.

Does this mean Virtual Console launches tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 19:12

Also, they've changed the button which swaps the screens in Wara Wara Plaza- it used to have a curved arrow, now it's straight.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: NEW MINOR UPDATE ALERT (11th July 2013)   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 1:43

Didn't think it worth making a new thread, so I bumped this old one. Please try to contain your excitement.

Quote :
Version 3.1.0 U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

Improvements to Standby Functions:

The standby functions will now regularly connect to the Internet when the Wii U is powered down to check for available SpotPass data or software and system updates. Software updates will be installed while the Wii U is powered down, and system updates will be installed the next time the Wii U is powered on.

Oh and in more depressing news, it seems that the BIG update everyone wants is now delayed until late September at the EARLIEST, possibly even October. Sigh....

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_update.jsp?menu=general_info&submenu=wup-online-gi-update
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 6:56

Soooo... it's always online, as long as you have Internet connection?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyThu 11 Jul 2013 - 15:37

Pretty much. Like 3DS is with SpotPass, I guess. Do like how they've finally enabled that functionality. Shame no software actually uses it yet. Wii had more non-update always-online functionality than Wii U did (even if it was mostly restricted to downloading new Channel data and Wii Message Board messages).

New system update's quite pleasing, it actually further speeds up the operating system. I've found I can now launch a game/app immediately upon returning to the home screen. Before it would pause for five seconds before launching (unless I waited a bit at the home screen before launching). Feels properly responsive now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 10:16

Found an appropriate (over-excited) thread! The new update is pretty nice, isn't it? I'm loving quick-start. But how do I make the notifications go away once I've read them?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 16:06

The new update would be lovely if there was a consistent/decent Internet connection in my house. Crying or Very sad To be fair, it's downloading in fits and starts when the router decides to behave - maybe it'll be done for tonight?

Also, don't think you can make notifications go away. They will haunt you forever! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 18:23

At least you can opt out of them which is what I intend to do as I never read them & its usually full of info I already know about.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptySat 7 Jun 2014 - 16:40

I find it interesting / creepy that the updates / quick start menu works regardless whether or not your Wii U is plugged in.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 9:05

ZeroJones wrote:
Also, don't think you can make notifications go away. They will haunt you forever! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Twisted Evil
These are horrible! My first MP3 player used to switch on its screen at full brightness while on standby - this meant the thing had frozen and had to be hard switched off and on again. Therefore, I associate this sudden screen switch with horrible hardware failure. Shocked 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WII U UPDATE IS HERE   WII U UPDATE IS HERE Empty

Back to top Go down

WII U UPDATE IS HERE
Page 1 of 1