We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How long will we all keep in touch with each other...

Go down 
+17
oldschool
Jimbob
Rum
NintenDUCK
ZeroJones
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
SuperPaperLink
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
shanks
Balladeer
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
Fancy Fancy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

How long will we all keep in touch with each other... Empty
PostSubject: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 19:21

...via this Forum, Twitter, Facebook etc?

Are you in it for the long haul or do you envisage yourself eventually drifting away from these 'Internet friendships'?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 20:29

Twitter I'll probably stay on as long as Twitter lasts, or at least as long as I'm interested in Twitter.

Friendships dwindle because you forget or become unable to remain involved with someone- I'd have to actively remove someone from Twitter or they'd have to leave it for me to 'lose interest' in the person.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013 - 23:25

To me, there are three levels to internet friendships - there are the people I know exclusively through this forum. Then there are people (mostly from here/NGamer) who I talk to on Twitter. And then (the top level), people who I talk to on Skype or through Facebook.

I prefer talking to internet friends privately, gives me a chance to get to know them better, as something like Twitter is very hollow, and you can't really get to know someone through it. I know some really great thanks to Twitter and Skype, and I'd hope to be friends with them for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 8:07

(general groanings and mumblings about Twitter)

I was on NGamer for six years. I see no reason why I shouldn't be here for the same length of time. I like the people, I like the discussions, I like the setting: so it'll only be if people leave here (or become morons on here, I suppose - thinking of one ex-NGamer in particular) that I'll stop talking to them.

Facebook is, of course, another level for me - it's the people I've met in real life, and for whatever reason I haven't removed them from my friends list yet. Again, as beemoh says, "Friendships dwindle because you forget or become unable to remain involved with someone", and that holds on Facebook as well. Thing is, there are probably some people on here who I feel more at home with than some people on Facebook! And there are people from here I've met in real life, with hopefully more in the future (from the Scotland thing, for example, or from this year's HyperJapan).

So, I'm in it for the long haul, I suppose!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 8:34

I've been around and will most likely be here until the end. The old Ngamer forum was where I met Skittles but funnily enough still haven't actually met in person where I have met old school
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 9:23

I'll always hang around, I rarely have much to say but I enjoy reading the comments if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 18:17

Well I only found out about this site when I was on my emails and saw the NGamer address, I had sent an email ages ago and they were still on my contacts.

So I decided to check out their website only to find they had stopped producing issues! After searching for a while I found this site. I have really enjoyed my time here so far and can see myself dropping by often. I don't know anyone here very well but the level of discussion has been great.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 19:30

Balladeer wrote:
(or become morons on here, I suppose - thinking of one ex-NGamer in particular)

Ooh, I'm trying to work out who you may be on about. Reckon I've got an inkling...

As to whether I'll stick around, I see no reason to the contrary. I signed up to NGamer back in 2007, and although I became inactive towards the last couple of years, I still had many of you on Twitter, a couple on Facebook I believe, and I was even chatting to a few old regulars over Xbox Live as well. I've had a blast getting reintegrated with the forum, I chat to some of you on Twitter and although I can't make the upcoming Scotland meetup sadly, I can envisage me making it along to a future meetup plans willing.

tldr; what beemoh said, as long as this place, Twitter, whatever is still about, I'll still be chatting with you lot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 20:17

Until next Tuesday.....

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
SuperPaperLink
Stability Update
SuperPaperLink

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 13:03

I see many of you that I've known on these forums for years now as real friends, people who I enjoy talking too and given the chance would meet with.
I know some people are sceptical of internet friendships meetings ect, but I see no reason why not, I know some have met and it works brilliantly, some have had great days out. I have many of you on Twitter and a few on Facebook, these are the people who I see as real friends and that I talk too nearly everyday and I feel we can keep going for years, as long as Nintendo keep making games and we remain enthusiastic gamers I don't see why not.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 14:10

SuperPaperLink wrote:
...as long as Nintendo keep making games and we remain enthusiastic gamers I don't see why not.

This. It would take a lot for me to want to stop posting here - like Balladeer and surely every pother user here, I enjoy the chat and like pretty much everyone on here.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 14:57

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Ooh, I'm trying to work out who you may be on about. Reckon I've got an inkling...

I have no clue who you're talking about. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 15:34

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

I should clarify - when I say "ex-NGamer", I mean they didn't make the transition. Wouldn't be surprised if other people were thinking of the same person...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 15:59

You mean 3d square, right? Winky Face

Tbh I don't see myself drifting away from here at all just for the exact reasons everyone has posted so far.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 16:07

I'm real bad with names and remembering things so I actually can't think of who you're talking about
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:25

The_Jaster wrote:
You mean 3d square, right? Winky Face

No no, I didn't mean him! (I wasn't even aware anything occurred there.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:32

What happened to "NGM" Cube, anyway? He was reasonably prolific over at the old place. Meh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:35

ahhh my mistake I don't think anything happened with cube, I think I know who you mean now. (got the names mixed up Embarrassed )
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:36

He's still active on your favourite website in the whole world Balla, although I don't know if he still talks to any of the forumites there.

Ah, did you use your head(s) and work it out Jas? Whistle
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:40

Cube never followed me back or replied to me that often on balla's favourite site so I gave him the chop. ( nothing personal though)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:46

Ah, I thought you meant CVG for a moment!

JayMoyles wrote:
Ah, did you use your head(s) and work it out Jas? Whistle

Argh, I shouldn't have said anything. Er, I mean I didn't say anything. I love everyone, la la la! Pay no attention to the post behind the curtain! Whistle
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 20:49

As forum host, I can't think of anywhere else on the internet I'd rather be 'stuck'. I've known loads of you since 2007, have many of you on Facebook and Twitter, and even one on Skype. I've met a handful of you guys, and I genuinely enjoy catching up with everyone's comments after a long day.

I'm not going anywhere. Grin

*gets hit by lorry*

(I presume the guy in question who never made the transition had a simian avatar)
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptySun 28 Apr 2013 - 21:08

Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle

Although if I was going to hypothetically be fed up with someone, I might hypothetically choose someone who hypothetically posted unrelenting negativity in the CVG Article Comments. Hypothetically.

Anyway, the point is that almost all of you fellows who are still here are wonderful. Grin
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 6:35

I'm in it for the long haul, too. Past the HDS, the Wii 3, and whatever else the strange yet mighty Nintendo have to offer in the future. Entirely because we're all ace people. Yes!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013 - 14:38

So we're talking about Cube?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long will we all keep in touch with each other...   How long will we all keep in touch with each other... Empty

Back to top Go down

How long will we all keep in touch with each other...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next