We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kid Icarus Uprising discussion

Go down 
+7
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How amazing is it?
Amazing
Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_lcap36%Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Amazing, shame about the controls
Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_lcap7%Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Not quite amazing
Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_lcap29%Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Significantly less than amazing
Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_lcap14%Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Never played it, where's the cake?
Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_lcap14%Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Empty
PostSubject: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 10:56

It's been discussed a lot lately, so here's a poll. In my opinion, a game of brilliant set-pieces that don't quite hang together. You can definitely tell it's from the creator of Smash Bros. The plot's much the same - several interesting episodes strung flimsily together. Brilliant dialogue, though. Was my favourite game on the 3DS once upon a time, since replaced by LM2.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 11:04

It was a pretty good game, which considering it was an on rails shooter, for me that's saying a lot. It's something I didn't give as much time as I'd have liked though and will definately return to when I get a new 3DS.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 13:38

Yeah it was a great little on the rails shooter, loved the dialogue
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 18:44

Not quite amazing!

If there was an alternative control set up perhaps similar to Sin & Punishment I would've enjoyed it a lot more, but the land sections were just too awkward and spoiled it for me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 18:46

People have obviously been put off by the controls, which is classic stubborn Nintendo. Some of those issues are helped by using the stand - but why have you bought a handheld to have to play it at home (or, y'know, somewhere with a flat surface)? Despite the discomfort, it's a good game - once you think you've got it down there's a brilliant episode late on that turns things upside-down well enough to keep you playing. Like it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013 - 19:09

I'd like my cake, thanks.

Is it worth it? I understand it has almost nothing in similar gameplay wise with the original, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 0:01

My bad for instigating in the other thread.

There's no denying the game is well made with some great moments but the controls really do hold it back, even when using the circle pad pro the obvious fix for controls wasn't available, if they could just do that then I might have got on with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 7:23

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd like my cake, thanks.

Is it worth it? I understand it has almost nothing in similar gameplay wise with the original, right?

Absolutely naff-all, but it's worth it for the sky sections and dialogue alone. Your mileage may vary on the land sections, by the looks of things.

Oh, and did anyone ever actually play the multiplayer?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 8:33

I did against some randoms which was a cluster f***

I even won one of the games somehow
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 12:27

I could've seen the multiplayer being really fun if (yep, you guessed it) the controls were better & not to mention I always seem to be paired with folk who had mastered the controls :/ which lead to countless deaths.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 12:32

Proof, were it needed, that the controls are perfectly possible to master and that Jas is just special. Razz

Shame there was no free-flight multiplayer, though. We could do with a good Starfox-esque dogfight game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 16:15

Nah you're just a freak if you can master those controls Razz :medusa:
Back to top Go down
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 18:04

:silent: Never played it in my life. EVER...
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyWed 1 May 2013 - 19:08

To put it mildly: I'm not keen. I appreciate what it's trying to do, I just find Pit more annoying to control (on land) than PSOne-era Lara Croft. Oh yeah, I went there.

I might finish it one day. Then again, I might not.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyThu 2 May 2013 - 21:51

Great game in my book, but I can totally understand how other people found it annoying. Fortunately I have an unusual combination of Herculean upper body strength and tiny, lady-like hands so the controls didn't bother me at all. As for the voice acting, it managed to be with and knowing enough to get away with what might have otherwise been annoying.

And the actual gameplay was brilliant, bombastic, fast paced, explosive fun... and some ground sections.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 22:04

Thanks to you lot, I'm playing this again. The air sections are sublime... and then come the ground sections. If I get Pit to hoof it into a death canyon by accident one more time today, I think I'll scream. Aww!

I do like all the goofy fourth wall-breaking that goes on in the dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 22:07

I do like the Metroid mention in chapter 13 or so. Also pretty much every line out of the big bad's mouth. The only dialogue I don't care for much is the song, but even then the developers seem aware of how bad it is.

And yes, the air sections are better. But the ground sections are still good! (folds arms)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 23:03

I've just made it to what I thought was the ending, which seemed to be way too soon. Fortunately, it was way too soon!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 10:46

Stu_the_great wrote:
I've just made it to what I thought was the ending, which seemed to be way too soon. Fortunately, it was way too soon!
If you're where I think you are, there are a few more twists and turns to go before the genuine ending, including one of my favourite twists in gaming.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 14:16

I keep hearing about the controls for this thing and honestly its put me off. I avoided Monster Hunter on the psp because the controls were bad enough that they started giving my hands some aches, and I've played games for almost entire days without ever having my hands ache before. So I think this'll be one Nintendo first party game I give a miss despite being interested, I avoid games that make my hands ache.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 21:31

ZeroJones wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
If you're where I think you are, there are a few more twists and turns to go before the genuine ending, including one of my favourite twists in gaming.

I've committed myself to a level a day now (weekdays), so I should be well on my way by the end of next week. I'm just about to start chapter eleven (I think). Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptyFri 10 May 2013 - 22:06

This just in: I think this game is slowly winning me over. Even if I suck so much at it that I can't currently succeed above intensity 2.9. Embarrassed

(though I haven't repeated a level yet)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 7:58

Glad to hear that, Stu! I actually managed most of the levels on 4 or 5. The final boss (a rather disappointing level in my opinion) was the only one where I died midway and accepted the difficulty decrease.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 9:27

I'm with Balla in being glad to hear you're getting some enjoyment out of it, Stu! My first playthrough was completed on 3 (barring the final two levels, which knocked me down to about 2). At the moment, I'm on Level 19, having beaten all the previous ones on 4 (adventurous!). The sliding difficulty scale was a great idea - I wonder if it's an attempt to compensate for the control system? Confused
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion EmptySat 11 May 2013 - 11:08

Ah, so I'm not faring too badly, then. Smile

Though I'm now panning around the ground stages without really thinking about what my fingers are doing, I'm still having a bit of a hard time dodging certain enemies/attacks. Things have improved slightly since I adopted use of the (slightly cumbersome) Babel Club, however. I've died several times and been knocked back to lower intensities, but I'm not worried about that too much. I'm still getting to experience the same basic game.

Are new weapon drops completely random, as they were with stickers in the Subspace Emissary mode in Brawl? I seem to have a slightly pitiful collection at the moment, and the Babel Club was apparently received from the Treasure Hunt grid. Up to very recently, I've stuck with a superior version of the First Blade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kid Icarus Uprising discussion   Kid Icarus Uprising discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Kid Icarus Uprising discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next