We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Go down 
+6
The_Jaster
fronkhead
shanks
Balladeer
Admin
awesomedude
10 posters
AuthorMessage
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Empty
PostSubject: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 21:42

Dance Don't think there's a topic for this so I'll start one!
There's like the... 2 player part and all the other features.
I don't know because I haven't gotten the game yet.
Back to top Go down
http://socialgamers.forumotion.co.uk/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 21:59

I finished the single player 'campaign' yesterday, as it happens. It's probably the most disappointing Nintendo game I've ever played, though granted I haven't really given Coin Rush mode a chance yet.

Not that this should even need to redeem the experience. Some people (like myself) bought this for the adventure first and foremost; everything else is just padding. So, as it is at the moment, I'm not fond of the game. It probably doesn't help that I finished the infinitely superior Luigi's Mansion 2 on the same day.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 22:09

Not sure it deserves a topic to be frank. Neutral I played it through during a 3DS games drought and quite enjoyed it... and then played the infinitely superior NSMBU. Also, every other proper title I've got on the 3DS. Yes, even PMSS. Apart from the cannon levels, infinitely forgettable, but at least it was a serviceable stop-gap until the better 3DS titles came out.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 22:15

The most galling thing to me was the fact that I beat the basic adventure in just over three hours, and even then I was dawdling. I don't have the heart to jump back in and collect all the missing Star Coins just yet.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 22:18

I got the 1 mil coins and called it quits straight after
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 22:21

Is there a reward for doing so?

Not that I expect it to be worth all that repetition.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 22:32

New Super Mario Bros. 2 1904_10201011841445264_1480696976_n

Is what I got from Nintendo, admittedly I did the dlc levels where I got like 200 thousand coins a hit
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 23:05

I keep forgetting this game even exists.

Luckily, though, I think Iwata has realised that Nintendo rushing out big name games to save a platform does them no favour in terms of said franchise's long run reputation -- I seem to recall him stating NSMB 2 sold below expectations.

I'm just disappointed Nintendo wasted their sole chance at a 2D Mario on 3DS like this.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptyFri 3 May 2013 - 23:10

I'd rather them learn that now than ten more of these games down the line. Maybe we'll see a brand new 2D Mario 3DS that tries something more inventive?

It's obvious that they set the quality bar higher for the Wii U outing.

@shanks: Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 3:01

I gladly skipped getting this due to NSMBU being so close & I honestly don't see myself ever getting it.

That's really weird to say about a Mario game.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 8:04

Laughing I know right I'm half tempted to frame it and have a thing under it saying I get 1 million coins and all I get is this lousy certificate
Back to top Go down
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 8:18

:king: Was gonna get the game, but don't think I will. -_- Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 9:26

I quite enjoyed it. It was nothing special or memorable but 2D Mario always plays like a dream and I still go back now and then for star coins and that.
It's not a patch on SM3DL or luigis mansion 2, mind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
awesomedude
Stability Update
awesomedude

PostSubject: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 10:22

Cheeky I was thinking about that aswell so I think I will.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySat 4 May 2013 - 10:55

The single-player wasn't particularly inspired but I maintain that the levels were designed with Coin Rush in mind. I enjoyed that mode - and collecting people's StreetPass records - because it changed how I thought about Mario levels. No longer were you getting from A to B; suddenly, you had to find the most rewarding route through the level. There's an article on Nintendo Nation here that explains what I mean more eloquently, and stuff.
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySun 5 May 2013 - 10:40

The best thing for me about the New Super Mario Bros series before U was the way the baddies bopped along to the "wah wahs" in the music! Otherwise it's the same old stuff that would have been considered genius in the early 90's, but it isn't much of a step forward from the original Super Mario Bros on the SNES.
Back to top Go down
Monty_The_Mole
Ejected into the Lava
Monty_The_Mole

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 5:21

I'M THE REAL MOLE

FORGET THIS PRETENDER

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Monty_Moles_NSMBU
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 9:21

Hmmm. The resurrection of this thread gives me an opportunity to say that despite my championing of the game, I've traded it in. It was part of the bundle that got me Lego City Undercover. The StreetPass hits whose Coin Rushes I'd enjoyed challenging myself against had dried up, I'd gotten over a million coins and beaten the single player mode, so there was nothing left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. 2   New Super Mario Bros. 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Page 1 of 1