We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii U & the persnickety developers.

Go down 
+11
Axis1500
jennytablina
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
oldschool
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 11:35

It's an obvious thing to say, but I still believe that all of these third party games would have sold better if they were marketed, a tenner cheaper and - wait for this! - actually available in the shops. I read in ONM that Need for Speed Most Wanted U sold a dismal amount...why would the majority pay £40 for a six-month old game that's less than half the price on other consoles and near-impossible to find in the high street or in supermarkets? I bet most folk don't even know the likes of Most Wanted U are out. Do Nintendo even have a marketing department in the UK? Doesn't appear so.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 13:47

This. The retail environment hasn't been very kind to Nintendo, either, with HMV almost shutting up shop (new shops don't seem to be getting in new Wii U software), but as you mentioned publishers are doing their software no favours.

I heard from staff at GAME that no copies of Most Wanted U were sent out to brick-and-mortar shops at all. I've yet to see it on sale in any store myself.

And I've only seen Lego City on sale at Tesco, if I remember correctly, rather than GAME.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 15:18

So it seems Pikmin 3 has driven a few sales in Japan: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/419492/pikmin-3-tops-japanese-chart-helps-boost-wii-u-sales/
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 15:50

Balladeer wrote:
In which case, third-party support can :damnyou:off.

I think it is because Splinter Cell is going to be the first proper port - the Wii U version has all of the same content as the other versions, and it's going to be released on exactly the same date.

So, if that game fails to sell as well as the PS360 versions (I mean in terms of % of the userbase that actually buys it), they probably think there's no point including the Wii U in other multiplat releases.

The "insider" warned that several announced Wii U games could be cancelled as a result of how badly Splinter Cell does. (They specifically mentioned "Watch Dogs".)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 19:25

personally can't see splinter cell selling well, better games out in august (august releases will be going up soon and now improved, thanks to jay and phillps), it would better to see how something like watch dogs does. as that's end year near the holidays and a big title if that didn't sell then you could see 3rd party leaving.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 19:39

I hope that insider is wrong about splinter cell having to sell for us to get the likes of watch dogs, in quite interested in splinter cell anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 20:49

I'm sure Splinter Cell will be a good game, but if anybody's counting on me to make a purchase, I'm sorry. Maybe it's set up to fail.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013 - 22:24

Splinter Cell is a really odd game to pin your hopes on anyway. I don't think the series is big enough and I've not heard much chatter about it. Not to mention the fact that Splinter Cell fans probably don't have a Wii U and will just stick with the PS3/360 versions.
At the end of the day multiplat games have a time limit on Wii U even if they take off as I doubt the devs will be interested in creating a separate game for a less powerful and probably less popular (for multiplats at least) console.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013 - 10:18

Balladeer wrote:
In which case, third-party support can :damnyou:off.

Agreed.  I have a small number of Tom Clancy games, including the original Splinter Cell and with the only exception being the 3DS TBS game, they have all been both horrible and boring. I have made a solemn vow never to buy another game with the name Tom Clancy in it again. I gave them a try.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U & the persnickety developers.   Wii U & the persnickety developers. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii U & the persnickety developers.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: