We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)

Go down 
+18
Rattlecat
Solve My Maze
Treesmurf
Cube
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
LikesVideoGames
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
fronkhead
shanks
Buskalilly
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 9 Oct 2013 - 7:44

It's just no different. Not at all.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Dec 2013 - 20:29

Cranky Kong will be the 4th Playable Kong apparently.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 8:17

I read that and I'm not so sure. There are many other Kongs you should be able to play as ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 10:00

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 IK8Pcrn

That's why he's rumoured to be playable.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 10:44

I'm probably going to get this anyway, but I'm not enamoured with the rocket sections. I'm assuming the control's the same as last time, where you press a button to up-thrust*? I'm not looking forward to a situation where you know you're going to die in 5 seconds' time, because something's just appeared on the right of the screen, and your current movement means that avoiding it is impossible.
Oh, and if you have to shake to roll, I'm not buying it.

*up-thrust LOL
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 12:11

Something about their spindly, furry limbs reminds me of spiders. Brr...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 13:19

I've seen the box art and I'm still not convinced. There are loads of other Kongs that have been playable in the past - there's no reason to saddle us with Cranky. To put it another way, I'll be disappointed if it is him.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Dec 2013 - 13:23

If I can brain enemies with his cane, I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2013 - 0:09

I might be the only one but I really like that box art.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Dec 2013 - 7:42

Nah the box art is nice even if it does need more funky kong.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Dec 2013 - 20:52

FUNKY KONG FOR DKC TROPICAL FREEZE OR BUST
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 19:33

Trailer.  It's looking pretty cool (ha!), to tell the truth.  One of the main weak spots in DKCR was the bosses, and that polar bear looks much better than the psycho jungle animals.  Great music, too.

The barrel rocket level looks even worse, though. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013 - 20:53

Balladeer wrote:
Trailer.  

The barrel rocket levels look even better. Dance

Fixed Razz
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 1:50

And did we all hear that you get Funky Kong in the game now?

Running the store  Dance 
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 2:21

Think this was always a safe bet for me, they would struggle to muck this up if they tried.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 13:04

I'd forgotten about this. Not long now - comes out on the 21st Feb. Apparently, some information has been released in the latest ONM: three secret levels per world, multiple routes in levels, and players can upload full replays of their performances. Not much to set the pulse racing, which it shares with the game as a whole I guess, but nice to know.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 19:42

It's difficult for me to get excited about this at the moment. Rayman Legends has shown us how to follow up a successful Wii 2D platformer; I can't convince myself that Tropical Freeze will make the same level of improvement over its predecessor.

In short, it might have to wait until I've cleared more of my Wii U backlog.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 20:37

I'm in two worlds about Tropical Freeze; I loved the original (except the mine cart levels) and this sequel does look great with cracking visuals. But, is it worth £40? Perhaps if a demo is released then it'll help to ease my concerns but I can't at this point slap down my cash to Mr Amazon come February when Smash and MK8 will be coming out around May-ish.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 20:43

Smash? May-ish? Nahhhhhh. I simply don't believe it'll be ready.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014 - 0:33

If I didn't already have enough games awaiting play I'd be all over this, fills the gap nicely and will no doubt be a top quality platformer even if it doesn't break the mold.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014 - 18:42

I don't have much of a wii U backlog (just TW101) so there's a good chance I'll pick this up.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 2:00

I have to finish Mario and I'm done, so I'll be getting this
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 11:58

When it's down to about £20 then I will pick it up otherwise there's way more on my radar in February then this.
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 9:11

Was just reading that this game makes no use of the gamepad other than being a controller and the screen is blank during gameplay. It does do off Tv play though as you would expect but to not use the gamepad creatively on a Nintendo game seems a bit odd
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014 - 9:16

Eh. NSMBU did exactly the same, and beyond Hands-On Hall (and a couple of stupid blowy platform things the game could have done without really), so did SM3DW. Going back further, SSBB didn't use the Wii's waggle at all. Nintendo (and their top developers such as Retro) only use the functionality when they have something in mind for it.

That said, we could do with some more games that really make the gamepad an integral part of the gameplay. The last ones were ZombiU and Nintendo Land. (I used the right analogue for most of my brief stint in TW101.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)   Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Don't Be Cranky, Be Funky)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next