We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ZombiU.

Go down 
+5
SquidgyGoat
TGN Professor
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
rbt2
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rbt2
Magikarp

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 22:54

Haven't played it very much so consequently I ain't got very far into it.
Plus the fact that I'm known to be shit at games.
Just got in the supermarket though (that's very early on in the game) but I am enjoying this very much.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 23:07

I've finished this & it really is superb stuff, so tense and one of the best survival horrors I've played in years and as soon as I'm done with other wii U games I plan on going back to it for a go at the one life only survival mode or maybe even attempt a speed run.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 23:42

I've barely played it too, purely because I don't want to die on it, I hate dying on it and I suck so I know it's gonna happen again, if I can't deal with this then I'm really gonna struggle with Pikmin 3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
TGN Professor
Ejected into the Lava
TGN Professor

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 20:58

I like the idea of making you lose skills and equipment for dying, it really helps to build up the tension when you get attacked by a horde of Zombi(e)s. I've played a bunch of allegedly scary games before, but if I know that death just means being sent back 30 seconds to the last checkpoint then it doesn't scare me in the slightest. Zombi U (and the excellent Dark Souls, which had a similar trick) actually made me wary of venturing into new areas.
Back to top Go down
SquidgyGoat
Boo This Man .Gif
SquidgyGoat

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 21:30

This time next week, I'll have free time. This time next week, I'll be all over ZombiU. Very much enjoyed what little I have played of it thus far.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 15:18

I love ZombiU. It's such a successful survival horror (and zombie!) game - making you so dependent on the GamePad is smart game design. It also helps that none of the core controls are gimped (heck, I even notice some auto aim after you strafe around an attacking Zombi).

Really enjoyed the 18 or so hours I spent on my first playthrough, this is the true Resident Evil 6.

It's a shame it was overlooked by critics (like the Wii U) for a game of the year look-in.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013 - 18:13

treesmurf11 wrote:
I've barely played it too, purely because I don't want to die on it, I hate dying on it and I suck so I know it's gonna happen again, if I can't deal with this then I'm really gonna struggle with Pikmin 3.

I had that for a fair while. Eventually I got a bit better at it, but then I got really attached to a survivor then quite depressed when she died Sad
She had the same name as my missuss and similar hair, so I got really into keeping her alive. Then I hit a bomber with my cricket bat and got a bit of a surprise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013 - 22:02

The fact you get so down after dying shows that the devs achieved what they set out to do, provoke real emotions it only gets worse the longer you stay alive, my first survivor lasted 5+ hours.....point blank shotgun blast to a Zombie bomber isn't a nice way to go.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013 - 9:13

The_Jaster wrote:
The fact you get so down after dying shows that the devs achieved what they set out to do, provoke real emotions it only gets worse the longer you stay alive, my first survivor lasted 5+ hours.....point blank shotgun blast to a Zombie bomber isn't a nice way to go.

Oh yeah, it's a huge achievement. What's amazing is that they pull it off with no dialogue and almost no backstory. You get a name, a job and a quick look at the character and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 15:07

I kinda gave up on this when
Spoiler:
it's too tough. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyWed 27 Feb 2013 - 16:37

I lost one Survivor at that bit Dusty, ye just have to keep moving & shoot the explosive barrels, when the other area opens up a bit look for the mines.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyMon 4 Mar 2013 - 17:56

Um, yeah, spoilers ahoy

That's the bit I was on when the rabbit bit through the power cable of my gamepad. I had just beaten it as well, but now I need to play again.
It's actually the one but of the game where the unique lives system just doesn't work.I've died about thirty times but I just don't care. And also,I managed to die when the zombies were killing Boris (I'm not good at this game) and when I came back it hasn't happened, so it felt like a standard videogame death andreturn.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyWed 6 Mar 2013 - 11:42

ZombiU. 306180_10151758354013508_2145857307_n

I kid. But seriously, folks, I have been thinking about a Zombi U sequel. I understand its done quite well, and nobody else is really making triple-A survival horrors at the moment; Dead Space and Resident Evil have both become action series, really.
So I was thinking about it at work and I came up with a great sequel.

Naturally, you start off as a new survivor, but its set some time after the first game. The survivors have set up a colony but its sort of a police state, and your player character is not part of it and is fending for themselves with no vaccine. The genius idea I had was that the game would detect a Zombi U save file, and whichever survivor you last completed the game as would be the arch-villain of this game. So obviously there would be more of the same, though ideally with a bit more freedom and exploration in a more open environment. And every now and then there would be encounters with the human baddies. But to keep it scary, it would be played really realistic; one shit from one of them and you're dead. You'd have to play it more like Arkham City, sneaking around, trying to take them out without them knowing you're there. And obviously at the very end, you'd be killing your own player character from the first game, usurping them with your new one.

But how would y'all see a sequel playing out? Would you want more guns 'n' 'splosions? Less plot, more zombies? Would you rather the series crawl in a hole and die because you hated the first game?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyWed 6 Mar 2013 - 22:08

You lost me at "human baddies" this is one reason why the likes of resi aren't the same anymore.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyThu 7 Mar 2013 - 21:50

I'd like ZombiU 2 to come bundled with a pair of bollocks so I can actually man up and play it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyFri 8 Mar 2013 - 17:47

The_Jaster wrote:
You lost me at "human baddies" this is one reason why the likes of resi aren't the same anymore.

Thats why I went on to say it would only work if you didn't stand a chance against them and it was never played as straight "Action". I was just thinking in terms of plot, an evil human society would be the only way to maintain tension after SPOILERTH the Panacea was found at the end of Zombi U.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyFri 8 Mar 2013 - 18:16

Oh I read on but I'm still not a fan of that idea I'm afraid, zombi U handled it perfectly when it came to interacting with human characters as it mainly kept you at a distance from them or you didnt see them at all which I think kept the tension/fear at a high level.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 16:49

Oh, don't get me wrong, I imagine it would lead to a shite game but it seems like the way it would go, especially with the developers talking up the potential of co-op.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 17:56

I think co-op would be great but only as a separate horde mode outside the single player story.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2013 - 15:00

The_Jaster wrote:
I think co-op would be great but only as a separate horde mode outside the single player story.

What would rock my socks would be an upgrade of the current multiplayer mode but with 4 people on screen against the gamepad player, who would presumably have access to more zombies now.
Throw in an online version and you're golden. Heck, you could make the FPS side free-to-play or a cheap download, with King Of Zombies as a perk for buying the full game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2013 - 21:01

Aye that'd be brilliant!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptyFri 1 Nov 2013 - 12:49

BUMP!

There's been a lot if chatter elsewhere on the forum about this so I thought I'd dig this up from grave. Winky Face

For almost a year I've been saying I'll tackle the survivor mode & I'm going to do my best to try it over the weekend then I'll report back my experiences.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptySat 2 Nov 2013 - 19:37

I would love to try survival mode but I was absolutely shit at the game so I doubt think I'd get very far.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 11:59

Were I not a gigantic wuss, I'd be stomping on Amazon's £12.99 asking price for this. This really isn't my genre, however. No 
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. EmptySun 3 Nov 2013 - 17:41

It's super tense but if you have one buddy you regularly play multiplayer with, this is a game you can really get into just for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ZombiU. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZombiU.   ZombiU. Empty

Back to top Go down

ZombiU.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: