We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty01/10/14, 05:44 pm

I'm currently torn between buying the new smash bros or buying a new set of cans by audio technica that are far superior to the sony pair I currently rock.  I'm going to guess merely saying that will be a form of sacrilege to some.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty07/10/14, 07:58 pm

Been reading up on Shinji Mikami following my playthrough of Vanquish and realizing he's been either personally responsible for or directly involved in loads of my favourite games. What a guy! Makes me even more excited for TEW. 

Ignoring the obvious ones, like Shigsy, Aonuma and Kojima, who's everyone else's videogaming heroes? Is a shame these guys aren't spoken about the way film directors are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty07/10/14, 09:04 pm

Yeah he's done some good stuff also I'm thinking these guy's

Hideki Kamiya directed/ing:
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Devil May Cry
Viewtiful Joe
Ōkami
Bayonetta
The Wonderful 101
Scalebound

Ken Levine directed:
System Shock 2
BioShock
BioShock Infinite

Casey Hudson directed:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Jade Empire
Mass Effect Trilogy

and of course Yu Suzuki whom you should all know and what he's done.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty07/10/14, 10:26 pm

Kamiya has made some classic games and he's hilarious at the same time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty07/10/14, 10:37 pm

Have you played many of his seeing not lot on Nintendo platforms unless you waited for the port of such as Okami.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty07/10/14, 11:55 pm

Both his Resis, Okami, Viewtiful Joe and W 101. I've got bayo but he told me nor to play it on ps3 but to wait for Wii u.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty08/10/14, 03:52 am

masofdas wrote:
and of course Yu Suzuki whom you should all know and what he's done.

He makes motorbikes of course. Razz

---

Here's a few of mine:

Shingo "seabass" Takatsuka - for the ISS pro evo games.

Suda 51 - for the crazy No more heroes.

Julian Gollop - for Ghost recon shadow wars/Xcom (the old one) & Rebelstar tactical command.

& the obvious Hidetaka Miyazaki for Dark souls.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty08/10/14, 10:12 am

Anyone from the west Drunka and your right about the whole not seen in the same light as film directors as I doubt we will see Ken Levine's next game say from director Ken Levine on the box at best it say from the guy that brought you Bioshock.

Suzuki cars are better then there bikes now and the real Suzuki did make a game with bikes in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty08/10/14, 10:14 am

Masahiro Sakurai, natch. Also Tetsuya Mizuguchi, the man behind Meteos; and Shu Takumi, penner of brilliant tales.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty08/10/14, 10:47 am

masofdas wrote:
I doubt we will see Ken Levine's next game say from director Ken Levine on the box at best it say from the guy that brought you Bioshock.

Naa because he's not going to make a boxed game, hence the fact he shut down a whole studio, so he can go off and make indie games...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty08/10/14, 10:52 am

Indie games are great but can still use his name like Sony did with ABZU saying it was from the director of Journey, something like that also that was an example.

Shu Takumi worked on Resident Evil 2 as well basically what three of us is saying we like people that worked on Resident Evil 2

Tetsuya Mizuguchi did some great stuff with SEGA but only in a producing role like Meteos, he did direct the only decent thing to use a kinect Child of Eden.

Also what about Michel Ancel he's worked on some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty08/10/14, 10:32 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Masahiro Sakurai, natch.  Also Tetsuya Mizuguchi, the man behind Meteos; and Shu Takumi, penner of brilliant tales.

I was going to say Shu Takumi but I've not played much of his games (just Ghost Trick) to properly comment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty08/10/14, 11:32 pm

He wrote the early Phoenix Wright games, including the superlative Trials & Tribulations. The man's a wizard with the proverbial pen.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty08/10/14, 11:37 pm

In Japan, I guess the obvious ones that I'm not allowed to say are the obvious ones. So as well as Shigsy, Tezuka, Sakurai, Itoi and Yokoi...
Hayashida and Koizumi for turning the current Mario games from stale 2D clones to 3D imagination-fests
Kideki Kamiya obvs derp
Shu Takumi for making the only visual novel I stomached
Geoff Crammond for making simulators actually "feel like real life"
Tim Schafer for his subversive genius
Nicklas Nygren for his indie subversive genius
Derek Yu for his one-man indie subversive genius
This is just becoming a scrawl-fest now by me - apologies
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty09/10/14, 07:27 am

Balladeer wrote:
He wrote the early Phoenix Wright games, including the superlative Trials & Tribulations.  The man's a wizard with the proverbial pen.

Oh I was aware of that but just felt despite how much I loved Ghost Trick I couldn't put him down as a videogame hero, he is a fantastic writer though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty09/10/14, 02:18 pm

And that's that!  This thread is the sixth to reach the magic, Forumotion-imposed limit of 991 posts.  Anyone can start a sequel, but make sure that you've got a good discussion point to start it off. Smile (Or just carry on with this one, I guess.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40