We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails

Go down 
+6
Jimbob
Admin
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
The_Jaster
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 May 2014 - 17:40

Fair enough! I'll probably buy it regardless, thus swelling my Wii U backlog yet further... Yes, I have a Wii U backlog.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 May 2014 - 19:43

So I've played this for just under 3 hours and I absolutely love it, its so unique which isn't really noticeable from the off but once it clicks (as pointed out in the god is a geek review) its really addictive stuff.

Its more of a momentum based platformer that has you shooting or double jumping to attack when needed, oh and getting those cats that run from you are a right pain but gives it that "just one more go" feel.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 8:45

Balladeer wrote:
ONM gave it 90%; Nintendo Life, 7/10.  I'm more tempted to trust the one that doesn't cover up stories that paint Nintendo in a bad light myself...

Not to stir the muck too much, but Nintendo Life aren't all that as journalists either: they have reported falsehoods that simply following their own citations through would fix, and have plagiarised others work without crediting them and deleted anyone who points it out. It wasn't anything important, it just heavily coloured my perception of the site generally when they did that! Not that I'm saying ignoring the Tomadachi Life stories was any better...

Anyways, I played this at Eurogamer Expo and liked it enough to give it a punt. Played an hour or so, and I have enjoyed the frantic-but-clean jump and gunning. Feels like there's a layer to the game controls and movement I really don't *get* yet, and that it will be smoother when I do. Just hope it keeps up some variety as it goes on!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 9:01

So in brief, the one true centre of Nintendo-only journalistic integrity went down the drain with Nintendo Gamer. Aww! 

Played the first two levels last night. Unsurprisingly, it hasn't "clicked" yet. Give it time.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 12:11

Aye, it seems that way: a page of Nintendo Gamer journalism was worth it's weight in gold (at 60gsm, probably Seven Pounds...)

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 9:21

This game. DIS GAEM. Hissy fit

After chugging nicely through the early tutorial levels, I thought I'd just about got the hang of that tricky double-jump. Then the second cat-chase showed me just how wrong I was. I spent hours (well, quite a few minutes anyway) ineffectually ricocheting off walls after the blasted moggy, but just didn't have the control.

At least I've found that I can take down the Mouse Commanders by trapping them in a barrage as they try to go around a bend.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 16:21

Yup those cats you have to chase down are really tricky BUT it does end up teaching you how to play the game in ways you never realised was possible before.

I've now hit a level that has decided to introduce new kinds of rails to traverse & its proving tough just to finish the level never mind rescue all the cats, the number of cats I've saved does allow me to try other levels if I get too frustrated though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 20:41

Got hold of this a few days ago. Only just made it into the main space station but it's proving fun so far. I'm sure the difficulty curve is about to kick upwards - and drag me screaming with it - but the personality of it all is making me purr with catisfaction. Lol!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Jun 2014 - 16:30

Forgot to report that I bought this a few weeks ago. Really liked what I played, particularly how the various mechanics fit together. Some levels require a lot of skill in order to rescue many of the cats (Especially the Scaredy cat as the manual calls it) at once so I find myself replaying levels to get some later on. Too risky if you're going to lose all your health at some point.

My only niggle is: doesn't the game feel a bit...incomplete? While the mechanics feel like something out of a Treasure game, there's no scoring system, or even ranking system. Not that they are necessary, but they'd make it feel like you're getting more feedback from the game as to your progress.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Jun 2014 - 17:17

I must get back to playing this again as I'm just over halfway through with all cats collected.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 9:33

Blimey, Jas, that's heroic! That one you have to chase seems really tough to collect. 17 cats at the moment, which means two levels are open to me, but I've yet to get comfortable with the controls. Embarrassed Loving it at the moment - unique and addictive. I might change my mind in a few days, though!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 11:13

I get into a bit of a zone playing that game where I can't move onto the next level if I don't save all the cats, later levels have been tough to do that with though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails    Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scram Kitty & his buddy on rails
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: