We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread

Go down 
+13
masofdas
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
beemoh
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Axis1500
ZeroJones
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 20:52

My list. Warning: my taste in games seems to be somewhat "outside the norm".

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 22:11

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Nah not to hard for me I just like proper survival horror games like resident evil (not 5 & 6), silent hill, fatal frame for instance and looking forward to evil within which looks like is going to get back to what the genre should be

Zombi U is everything the genre should be though, tense & atmospheric having to be always on the look out for ammo/enemies & the weapons were satisfying to use as well & as for the menus? You grow used to them & learn these little short cuts to help manage your inventory quicker which is a key skill in my book.
I think a total play time of 1 hour 45 mins (in 3 separate sessions) isn't giving it a fair crack, assuming you started over each time you would've barely got past opening/tutorial phase.

A big problem with some who dislike it is that they may be approaching it like your normal fps ( or thinking it might be like left 4 dead) if you try to play it like this then you're going to have a frustrating time.

The inventory etc never bothered me, controls were a issue. I've never seen a tutorial as all I've played has been further on, in a school I think if I remember. See saying I've not given it a fair crack is a weird one, I want to agree i should play more but I've played the DEMO's that Ubi has put out to help sell the game. So how else do I give it more time, when I 1st played it was a £55 game at launch, so wasn't going to touch it at that price. I also don't want to touch it at £7.99 (eShop) as that's £7.99 I could put towards something I know I will like or more chance of liking.

And how to you determine what a fair crack of a game is, me and a friend disgust this once as he didn't like Mass Effect but only played for 30mins of a 30+hr game, but 30mins of a COD is a lot (one of them is only about 4hrs long).

So going by what I've played which is around 1hr 45 mins of a 12hr game, I would have to agree with reviews like Gamespots whom gave it a 4.5.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013 - 23:34

Oooh, little inferno! That would definitely have been in my 11th or 12th...
Man, people who say Wii u has no games are so wrong!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 7:48

@Masofdas - I wouldn't have paid £55 for it either (got mine for £40 on launch) as no game should be that price, as far as I've heard about the demo which I haven't played it sounded like it wasn't the best way to introduce folk to the game that particular bit while being a very good set piece could be one of the most frustrating parts of the game.

12 hours total to finish the game? That certainly isn't the average time most folk would be nearer to posting 15 - 17 hour times on their first run through.
If you think you have given it enough time then it's up to you to decide if you've given it a fair crack but that won't change me from disagreeing with you, as for what's a fair time/length to give a game? Every game is different so it can vary quite a lot & is probably impossible to give a concrete number.

I guess some games just click with folk & some don't.

----

@axis I thought most wanted U had the DLC on the disc already or was later DLC announced after EA dropped support?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 9:52

The HLTB time for just story is 12hrs avg, your going to hate next gen where games are £59.99.

Same thought the WiiU version had all the DLC, unless more game out.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 11:01

Hey everyone. It wasn't my intention to drag this thread out beyond Christmas but it looks like that's going to be the way it goes. My apologies! Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 11:25

Why the sad face?! We're only discussing/stating our opinions there is no malice behind any of it whatsoever I just strongly disagree that's all, also I'm sure this will be Un-stickied eventually so it doesn't pull so much focus to it.

@mas I've no idea what HLTB is, still don't see most folk beating it that time or maybe I'm just not close to the average time *shrugs*

Edit: next gen pricing is ridiculous too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 13:04

HLTB is How Long To Beat it's website.

I think Zero meant he was hoping to had the rest of the stuff like dishonourable mentions up before xmas.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 13:26

Yeah I'm pretty sure the sad face was just because he said he was hoping to do the extras the other day.

As for the topic of prices I don't think you can really say they're all £55 for next gen as I've seen all of them for £40 or less and GAME are still trying to sell Wii U games for £50
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 16:32

Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 17:48

Well I said ZomiU was £55 at launch which it was in GAME. PS4 is strange as you could get battlefield 4 for example for £40 in GAME with console but now if I wanted it. I'd have to pay £49.99 for it. I can see things like infamous second son being £54.99 in GAME and other relatively bigger titles.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013 - 23:34

ZombiU to me is the perfect definition of survival horror.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 25 Dec 2013 - 13:00

Great list, and a genuinely heartening read. Wii U really does have some crackers, doesn't it?

Personally I still think Rayman Legends is the best thing since sliced bread, though I reckon I can see Pikmin 3's broader appeal. It's got to be an easier sell in terms of universe/environment to the average gamer.

You're all making me really want to try LEGO City Undercover, though I've been stung by every LEGO game I've tried to date. I'd also like to try ZombiU out, but I fall into the "colossal wuss" category.  Sad 

(I also feel like I should return the NSMBU to collect all the Star Coins one of these days, too. To be honest, I hated playing it with the GamePad but had a much better time using the Pro Controller)

Thank you for all your hard work with this thread, Zero! I would love to see the Dishonourable Mentions at some point, but only if you have the time.  Grin
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyThu 26 Dec 2013 - 1:08

Right, here's my votes, maybe one or two surprises for some of you:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 8:09

OK! Back in front of the computer again. Here's the promised eShop exclusive Top Five, alongside all the honourable and dishonourable mentions.

Wii U eShop Exclusive Top Five:

Dishonourable Mentions:

Honourable Mentions:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 9:42

Hurrah! Hurrah for Pikmin 3! (It might be too early in the morning for me to say something clever)
And it's nice to know people feel the same way as me about Trine 2. Nah nah! 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 10:14

The wizard being called "Amadeus" was one of the few redeeming things about Trine 2. (Ironically, my one point meant that it placed in the downloadables top five/six.) Actually worse than G&W. Still, at least we're agreed that the Miiverse game is good stuff!

How many votes did G&W get in the end, ZJ?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 10:48

Ha! Good to see that most dislike G&W as much as I do. Still, I didn't give it a dishonourable mention - I've played two games on Wii U worse than it (Game Party Champions and Chasing Aurora...Mario & Sonic 2014 is just about on par with G&W).

Not having that about Need For Speed, mind. It's a sensational game.

I've just bought Cloudberry Kingdom on Zero Jones' recommendation.  Dance 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 10:50

I have also just picked up Cloudberry Kingdom! Nice work with the thread Mr ZeroJones and boo to anyone who put a point near that horrible thing that is Trine 2.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 11:01

Hey, I gave it one point because I've only played 6 Wii U games. It got a dishonourable too! Give me a break here!

Anyway, thank you ZJ for a cracking thread. It's nice to see ten top games for the much maligned console! (Even if I gave one of them a dishonourable.)

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 Dwight-schrute-celebration-jump
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 11:19

Better to abstain from a 10th than give any credit to Trine 2.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 13:54

Nice work on the whole thread Zero. Smile

I didnt send any Honourable mentions so here's a few:

Splinter cell Blacklist
Makes good use of the gamepad by making the gadgets easily accessible & compared to the time I've had on the ps3 version allows you to get out of some hairy situations a d-pad inventory just wouldn't, overall very good stuff but the broken multiplayer kept it out of my top ten.

NBA 2k14
The only great sports game available on wii U, very difficult to learn because there are a lot of key controls to learn & if you don't know much of the rules of basketball you may struggle even more but when it clicks its really satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013 - 21:51

Game & Wario got chucked in right at the bottom of my top ten as simple filler. Which to me is quite fitting because that's also a commendably flattering description of the software.

Fantastic stuff, Zero! I love reading everyone slagging things off, and thank you for all the time you've spared us over the last few weeks.  Grin
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptySat 28 Dec 2013 - 16:49

Yep, I knew I'd be the only person to rate The Cave. LOL.
At least nobody actually disliked it enough to put it in their Dishonourable Mentions.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 31 Dec 2013 - 8:00

Final flush of content for this thread!

Full Rundown:

And, just for fun...

Achievements Unlocked:

Again, huge thanks to all the people who voted or otherwise took part in this thread. It's been a blast.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 31 Dec 2013 - 8:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread   The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wii U First Birthday Vote Thread
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next