We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DS games coming to Wii U VC

Go down 
+9
masofdas
Axis1500
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
shanks
beemoh
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

DS games coming to Wii U VC Empty
PostSubject: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 2:51

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447374/ds-games-coming-to-wii-u-virtual-console/

Shocked 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 5:03

Why? How the hell is that going to work? touch screen on the game pad and the top screen on tv?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 7:51

Okay now they're just being mean to those of us who want to play gba games they missed because it was the generation just before they started seriously gaming.  Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 7:54

Give me my Gamecube titles god damn it! Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 8:03

Shame on me, I forgot the gamecube. Yeah, Gamecube as well!  Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 9:36

@shanks: the article I read indicated that the GamePad screen would be split in half: one side would be the touch screen and the other one the top screen. As long as

a) we have a mode where the TV is the top screen and the, er, touch screen is the touch screen, and

b) GBA games come out first/soon/alongside,

that'll be fine.

Not to knock the idea - because it will probably work really well - but the 3DS can still play DS games. Meh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 12:53

Quite an odd choice but you can't blame them considering DS done phenomenal business for Nintendo, so maybe they're hoping those who haven't bitten on wii U yet might do so with DS VC?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 14:30

But it's a bit of a stretch to go "LOOK AT THE GAME PAD!! IT PLAYS DS GAMES NOW!!"
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 18:14

It's just one aspect of them trying to get people to understand how clever the gamepad is, I wasn't trying to make it sound like it was a massive selling point I'm sure they have other things up their sleeve for that.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 19:08

It seems that everything's coming to the Wii U except Wii U games.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014 - 19:15

It sort of makes sense. Nintendo waited until they stopped selling DS consoles before DS VC!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 20:15

Strange, I don't mind if I can use the TV as the top screen and gamepad as touch. But seems weird as Nintendo had the 3DS out there which is BC with DS games and the 3DS has VC as well with handheld systems surely it should be on that. I want on my VC on Wii U, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Dreamcast, Mega Drive, Saturn, Master System, Turbo Grafx, Neo Geo CD etc but if you want us to play DS games on a Wii U give us a 3DS/DS USB player thing which would be far better.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyFri 31 Jan 2014 - 20:20

It does make sense. Not everyone likes holding handhelds; I've got used to my 3DS having amazing games on it, but it's still not as comfy as sitting with a controller, looking at a big screen in front of you. Exhibit A: The GameBoy Player for the GameCube. I much preferred playing GB/GBC/GBA games on the 'Cube (mind you, I had a first generation GBA Unreadable Edition). It sold a truckload, and possibly a truckload of games as well.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 10:25

Rolling Eyes 

*sigh* First GBA games, and now DS games? Surely, the resolution will look absolutely abhorrent on modern televisions. Everyone remembers how bad the GBA WarioWare games looked when they were ported to the GameCube's Mega Party Game$, right (even if, admittedly, the game itself was great fun)?

There's no logical reason these formats should appear on anything other than the 3DS, which itself has an actual DS built into its hardware.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 10:48

Jimbob wrote:
It does make sense. Not everyone likes holding handhelds; I've got used to my 3DS having amazing games on it, but it's still not as comfy as sitting with a controller, looking at a big screen in front of you. Exhibit A: The GameBoy Player for the GameCube. I much preferred playing GB/GBC/GBA games on the 'Cube (mind you, I had a first generation GBA Unreadable Edition). It sold a truckload, and possibly a truckload of games as well.

I want a 3DS/DS player not VC, that would make more sense especially for someone like Stu with his million DS games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 10:48

I have two words........

Ghost Trick.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 12:10

Ghost trick could be played just fine without the second screen. A nice, HD sheen I the touch screen would be fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 12:43

Yeah Ghost trick is fine on IOS
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 18:27

It'd pretty much be the perfect off tv gamepad game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 21:04

masofdas wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

I want a 3DS/DS player not VC, that would make more sense especially for someone like Stu with his million DS games.

That would be great! But in today's world of DLC, it would fly massively in the face of Nintendo's bank balance. People are more likely to download a DS game on a whim than buy a dedicated cartridge player... though I for one believe that Ninty's shooting itself in the foot not offering the same option for lazy 3DS gamers who can't be arsed to buy a copy of the cart off eBay for a couple of quid.

GBA games on Wii U rather than 3DS still makes no sense to me, either. The resolution would be even worse than the DS games, and the games are intended for handheld play. Anyone picking up on the theme of my disquiet here?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptySun 2 Feb 2014 - 2:29

Stu_the_great wrote:
Anyone picking up on the theme of my disquiet here?

Yep because I'm thinking the same thing
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyFri 7 Feb 2014 - 13:16

Stu_the_great wrote:
Rolling Eyes 

*sigh* First GBA games, and now DS games? Surely, the resolution will look absolutely abhorrent on modern televisions. Everyone remembers how bad the GBA WarioWare games looked when they were ported to the GameCube's Mega Party Game$, right (even if, admittedly, the game itself was great fun)?

There's no logical reason these formats should appear on anything other than the 3DS, which itself has an actual DS built into its hardware.

I know you are not keen on this Stu, but I still have my Gameboy Player/Gamecube and I still play GBA games on my 108cm Plasma TV and to be honest, it looks fine. I have no problems with it at all, they are just like SNES games. I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyFri 7 Feb 2014 - 13:23

Is this the point where I bring up that the first thing I did when I started using my 1080p TV as a PC monitor was play a B&W GB game on an emulator?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyFri 7 Feb 2014 - 13:33

N64, Pokémon Stadium (2), Dodrio GB Tower. Those were the days.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC EmptyFri 7 Feb 2014 - 15:46

Really, I can't even play gamecube on my TV as it looks horrid on it, wii and dreamcast look okay due to how there connected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS games coming to Wii U VC   DS games coming to Wii U VC Empty

Back to top Go down

DS games coming to Wii U VC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next