We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ah. This is awkward...

Go down 
+6
mandlecreed
ZeroJones
shanks
Admin
Balladeer
Jimbob
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Ah. This is awkward... Empty
PostSubject: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 10:07

GUYS GUYS GUYS

I presume you've seen the message Mr. Scullion has posted on the old NGamer forum...

http://forums.computerandvideogames.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=145760

Um...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 10:48

I was going to create some sort of poll, asking whether we wanted to use one forum or both, but the consensus from people I've asked (not counting the unreliable-as-heck Sporky) is that we should naturally let that decision be made. However, I will probably send a PM to Chris over at the old place, letting him know the situation. He's done well by us, poor chap, and he deserves to know what's going on.

I'll continue to use both for the time being, but I can see one being phased out over time. And the way things are going, I can see that being NGamer. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 12:01

Indeed. I feel rather awkward about all this, but in our Admin discussion the other day I voted to support both forums. Were a poll ever to materialise, I would do the same again. I don't know what's going to happen with forum traffic here at the moment; we've doubled the number of members I expected when we were looking for a new home. I don't know if this is novelty factor, but I suppose we'll just have to see how everything pans out and let people make their own minds up.

Oh, and sporkhead sent us his apologies the other day. He's swamped in his university work at the moment, which is understandable.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 12:06

I think the old forum is already being phased out to an extent
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 22:37

It's a bit awkward. On one had I think that, given that Chris said the old forum was going, the speed and enthusiasm in which this has been set up by all y'alls makes this the ideal place for a new home; also, as most (if not all) of the magazines in the "magazine" section of the CVG forums are defunct, I assumed it would disappear, and I am cool with this.

Having said that, it sounds like Chris has gone out of his way to keep that section open, essentially, for us 2-dozen half-wits; I can't see a mega-financial reason the Corporate Overlords would let him do that. Therefore, there's a bit of me that thinks we should grab the proverbial olive branch.

As much as I hate all those f***ing emoticons that are putting me off my typing, I really feel Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 7:21

It's a properly tough position to be in. In my opinion, though, the number of posts made here versus the number of posts made on the NGamer forum in the same time is telling a story.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 12:32

I for one have no issue making this my permanent choice for all things NGamery. Plus, as Chris is now fully absorbed within CVG, and not just a one-man fighting machine on Team NGamer, I don't have to feel guilty. I hardly went on CVG as it is.

Long live GNamer. But of course, let us not forget NGamer *salutes*
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:46

Balladeer wrote:
I was going to create some sort of poll, asking whether we wanted to use one forum or both, but the consensus from people I've asked (not counting the unreliable-as-heck Sporky) is that we should naturally let that decision be made. However, I will probably send a PM to Chris over at the old place, letting him know the situation. He's done well by us, poor chap, and he deserves to know what's going on.

I'll continue to use both for the time being, but I can see one being phased out over time. And the way things are going, I can see that being NGamer. Aww!

Sorry about that. Been really busy as of late (Sunday afternoon was the first time I set aside time to post on these wonderful forums) but I should be on a bit more regularly this week.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 4:18

Gazzadp wrote:
Personally speaking, I can't see as there is anything "awkward" about either these forums or the old forums and yes I did just say the "Old" forums.

Whilst I like other am also very grateful to CS & Future for rethinking their decision regarding the old forums, the truth is that took that original decision like most large companies do, they acted first and then found out that they were out of touch with their own readers (customers), Stu acted quickly and set up these forums, as the original message from CS made it very clear that the old place was living on borrowed time and was at that time scheduled to be switched off & deleted within a few days, I still believe that all of this could have been avoided if the time frame would have been weeks instead of days.

Sadly though Future/CVG has as it now trasnspires completely and utterly cocked this up, they have in fact shot themselves in the foot, as Stu acted quickly setting these forums up, most of the esteemed regulars voted with their feet and so we have supported Stu.

Admittedly the "old" forums have ahd their death sentance lifted, but lets be honest how long for?

Whose to say that in a years time Future/CVG might have decided once again to close the forums, so if anybody should feel "awkward" it should be those bean counters at future/CVG!

Best Wishes

Gazzadp

Absolutely bang on the money.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 19:49

Gazzadp wrote:
Whilst I like other am also very grateful to CS & Future for rethinking their decision regarding the old forums, the truth is that took that original decision like most large companies do, they acted first and then found out that they were out of touch with their own readers (customers), Stu acted quickly and set up these forums, as the original message from CS made it very clear that the old place was living on borrowed time and was at that time scheduled to be switched off & deleted within a few days, I still believe that all of this could have been avoided if the time frame would have been weeks instead of days.

Admittedly the "old" forums have ahd their death sentance lifted, but lets be honest how long for?

Whose to say that in a years time Future/CVG might have decided once again to close the forums, so if anybody should feel "awkward" it should be those bean counters at future/CVG!

This. Well said Mr. Dp. It's a temporary reprieve, no matter how much Mr. Scullion will fight for it.
I was listening to an old GamesRadar UK podcast, from last year; there's a bit where Matt Cundy sort-of let his guard down, he made a big point of the "suits" removing all the fun from games journalism, and being concerned about deadlines and market growrth; you get the impression there's a difference of opinion between the head honchos and the writers, that wasn't there 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 20:21

It's a recession though. It was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 21:34

We have no suits to please here. I'm wearing t-shirt and jeans today.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 21:46

Stu_the_great wrote:
We have no suits to please here. I'm wearing t-shirt and jeans today.
At least, that's what he wants us to think!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:26

Just wanted to point out that as of today, Nintendo Gamer as a website no longer exists. No

Last edited by Axis1500 on Thu 31 Jan 2013 - 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 20:34

He's right. The url leads straight to CVG's Nintendo page. Sad
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... EmptyFri 1 Feb 2013 - 15:50

No Pale Sad Crying or Very sad Boo-hoo :silent: Well at least we have each other...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ah. This is awkward...   Ah. This is awkward... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ah. This is awkward...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Forum Feedback/News-
Jump to: