We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949

Go down 
+15
Jimbob
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Cube
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Should there be a vote for both retail and overall 3DS game or just retail?
Just a retail top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Vote_lcap36%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Both retail and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Vote_lcap18%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Retail top 5 and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Vote_lcap45%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Empty
PostSubject: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:15

Hello and welcome to the 300th voting thread since this forum began! I'm your host andyman949 and over the next few weeks we'll be talking about that wonderful little (or slightly bigger) box that lets you see games in 3D without having to wear those silly red and blue glasses. It's been a console with some incredible highs and lows between some top class games on a great new system to some release droughts and losses of consoles  Embarrassed .

Let's put the negatives aside and give this console, which we've all seen many hours of entertainment from, the birthday celebration it deserves!

The format will remain the same as usual (5 votes, 5 points for 1st, 1 for 5th) and I'll open the vote on Monday at 0:01 am once everyone has had a chance to talk about my mad hosting skillz and the categories. I'll then give you a week to get yo' shit together and think about what games you're going to vote for in what category (let me know if that's too short, I'm heading home around the 16th so I'd like it done by then if possible but I could give out the results slightly more sporadically after that date if necessary).

Provisional Voting Categories:

The Box Fondling Award for Best Retail 3DS Game
Reasonably self explanatory, if you have ever been able to buy a physical copy it's definitely in here.
No AA5 that goes in download

The Pixel Perfection Award for Best Virtual Console Game
Rain down your praise on any game from the past that has had a new lease of life for you on 3DS.
Ambassador games are in!

The Hooray Nintendo Have a Decent Online Shop Award for Best eShop Title
Let you favourite indie titles shine here or give praise to some of the better efforts from the bigger studios some praise.
No DSiware including 4 Swords, extra streetpass games do count but no Puzzle/Quest please.

The Very Best 3DS Game as Voted for by the GNamer Forum on the 7th of April Excluding Anything That Came Out Over the Last Couple of Weeks Like Prof Vs Pheonix but Not Excluding New Yoshi's Island. (Top 10 instead of 5)
What is the greatest title on 3DS, I'll allow anything that you can play on your 3DS that isn't a DS game.

The Hypeometer Award for the Most Anticipated 3DS Game
What announced game are you excited for? I've excluded Prof Vs Wright from the main vote so that can be voted for in here if you are that way inclined.

I have a couple of fun categories that may be mayhem and total flops but I thought I'd throw them out there for your perusal:

The Specul-o-Tron Award for Most Wished for 3DS Game
What game do you want a sequel to? What game series would you like to see jump to 3DS. (I think just one vote here and I'll post the answers, up to you)

The Balladeer Award for Best Character in a 3DS game
You've picked your Forumite of the Year, now pick your favourite 3DS character.
There's been some great characters on the 3DS hasn't there? From more text heavy games such as Wright, Layton and VLR to other characters we couldn't help but fall in love with such as Mallo or Rusty.

The Pfft, Skyrim Who? Award for Best World on 3DS
Do the streets of Mont d'Or leave you filled with wonder or did you enjoy exploring the land of Lorule. Let us know!

The Great Innovation Award for Best use of 3DS features
Has there been a case of 3D that has totally blown your mind? Maybe a really cool use of the Mic or Gyro. What classic moments wouldn't have been possible on any other system?

Last and in some ways Least:

The OMG What Did I Just Play? Award for the Worst Game on 3DS
Has there been a few games that have left you sitting there scratching your head, wondering why you parted with your hard earned cash for it. Time to vent!

I hope this kicks off a new vote with style and I look forward to seeing all your love for the 3DS over the next few weeks!

Last edited by andyman949 on Sun 30 Mar 2014 - 21:08; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:42

I hope everyone that votes sends them at the last possible opportunity.  Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:43

That's way more then I was expecting thought it be send a top 10 and that be it like with the 1st year 3DS & Wii U not nearly a the whole hog like the Wii & DS.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:47

Seems like a ruddy good amount of categories.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:51

I thought that the download services on the console have been strong enough to warrant their own bit of time in the limelight. Then I just thought of the other topics and thought they might be a laugh. If it's overkill let me know.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 7:49

Wow, good job that Andyman! Grin Haven't had a chance to peer at all the categories, but expect my votes in this weekend!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 9:02

Fabulous, darling, fabulous! *mwah, mwah*

The download services on the 3DS have been home to some great experiences, so I'm delighted to see them have their own categories. Grin As for allowing DSiWare and Ambassador titles, I say "yes" to the first for sure. My DS could never get onto the Internet, so this is the first chance I've had to play titles like Risky's Revenge and Mighty Flip Champs! (for which I will likely vote, if allowed) Allowing Ambassador titles would only seem fair to me if the huge majority of us have had access to those games.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 9:31

Out of interest, why did you decide to exclude Layton Vs Wright from best 3DS game. Is it also excluded from the best retail game?

Anyway, I say we do allow the Ambassador games, otherwise I'd be stuck with voting for that random version of Mario we got for free.

Balladeer wrote:
Wow, good job that Andyman! :DHaven't had a chance to peer at all the categories, but expect my votes in this weekend!

The vote isn't open until Monday.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 9:37

Sorry I meant to say it's totally excluded. With it coming out tomorrow I don't think that's long enough to get a fair run in.
I reckon most of us have had the ambassador games so that's why I threw it in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 9:46

We definitely should allow ambassador titles for the VC vote.  Presumably we're allowed to have played them elsewhere?  I couldn't be bothered to download all the ones I'd already played.  (And in that case I'll write them up this weekend, and send them first thing Monday.)

Having peered at the categories, I'm definitely keen for the "odd" ones down the bottom.  I do wonder if there's any point having a separate all-encompassing vote?  I can see it 90% the same as the retail games, with maybe a couple of votes for Pullblox, Gunman Clive etc.

As for votey numbers, I'd like to have the full ten choices for the retail vote at least.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to give a full five for the latter categories (apart from hatred), but I'll do my best!

Also, why am I naming the character award?  Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered ( Very Happy), but I'm just wondering why.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 10:24

I've only played *checks backloggery profile* four games so I consider myself ineligible to vote.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 10:29

Even If there have been a lack of great games, the system itself is great. I cant believe its the third anniversary already!

One of my favourite aspects of the system is streetpass, I did read the whole post but I didnt see an award for the game that makes best use of this unique feature. More than likely though I just cant remember because my memory is shot.

EDIT* Confirmation my memory is shot, there is an innovation award which encapsulates this, oops.

The categories are good and I am primed and ready to vote.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 10:37

Going to agree with Balla my top 5 retail and top 5 overall will be the same, and would liked a top 10 vote.

Maybe retail and eShop both have a top 5 and then overall is top 10, so a eShop title might get in.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 10:44

I was going to say I don't mind what system you've played eShop games/VLR on so the same can go for the Ambassador games.
As for naming the character award it was because you won forumite of the year.

I was thinking of 10 for the overall so I'll edit that into the top post. I'd like to keep the overall because I'd like to see how the eShop games hold up when fighting against some of the finest retail games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 10:49

If that's what you want them I'm happy to vote for both.  Just expect my top five (and possibly ten) to be all retail!

Also, The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Sticky

And AA5 was a download-only here, so I think it should stay that way. Might add a bit of eShop to my top ten! Then again, it might not...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:29

So 11:59 on the sixteenth of April? It's a date!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 17:40

That's a lot of categories, don't see why need a best retail & best overall 3ds game though so maybe just combine them? So it's one category where we vote for our top ten.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 18:18

I'd love to join in, but, y'know... idontowna3dsyet

I'll be anticipating the results eagerly though, should be a solid buyer's guide!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 20:28

Coupl'a questions and things.

andyman949 wrote:
Do we allow DSi Ware? There's been some titles that the 3DS has given a new lease of life to for me so once again a yes from me.

A no from me, though.  If we're not going to allow DS retail games in the retail section, we shouldn't be allowing DSiWare games in here, surely?  As we didn't include WiiWare in the Wii U vote, it'd be inconsistent to allow it.

If a title has been announced as "in the works", does that count as "formally announced"?  I'm thinking of Ace Attorney 6 here, where all that Mr. Takumi has said is that it might happen and we haven't seen anything.  And speaking of announced titles, does anybody have a list of good upcoming 3DS games?  I've only just managed to scrape a five together, and I'm sure that I must have missed some.

In the worlds vote, how do we define "world"? Is each manor in LM2 a separate world? What about Hyrule and Lorule?

Also, I'm guessing that each Picross-e title counts separately?  Honestly, they're all much of a muchness, apart from 3 sending ZJ into fits of rage.

My voting post is going to be HUGE! Grin
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:24

I'd say yes to in the works games, if they've been confirmed by the creators it exists as far as I'm concerned.
As for world I suppose location might've been a better word so yes Hyrule and Lorule are separate as are each of Luigi's Mansions.
Picross-e I'd say specify which for now but I might throw in a combined vote to see how it would've ranked if they were all one game.

I'll throw up a poll about the top overall or just top retail.
In the mean time does anyone else have any arguments for or against DSiware? I think I'm more inclined to go with Balla at the moment but I know DSiware has added quite a bit of playtime to my 3DS that it never did to my DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 22:59

Voted in the Poll as I want to do them separate my self as I've got a top 5 eShop & retail and I've got a top 10 which might include a eShop title not just retail.

Some up coming games: Mario Golf, Kirby, Farm Simulator, Monster Hunter 4, Smash Bros 4 to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 7:52

I've actually got comments for both my retail and total top five, so I voted for both too!

And yes, got all those ones. Why aren't we getting Goat Simulator 3DSulk 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 10:10

I've tried finding a more robust coming soon/announced games for The Hypeometer Award for the Most Anticipated 3DS Game. I can guess which will win all ready.

Ace Attorney 6
Bravely Second
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars
Disney Magical World
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Fantasy Life
Farming Simulator 2014
Hometown Story
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Lego The Hobbit
Mario Golf: World Tour
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Nintendo Pocket Football Club
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Shovel Knight
Sonic Boom
Super Smash Bros. For 3DS
Tomodachi Collection: New Life
Youkai Watch

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 28 Mar 2014 - 22:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 11:02

Quick question: are the 3D Sega games under VC or eShop?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 11:09

VC, I'd say.  Just adding an extra layer does not a new game make.

Good list, Mas.  Or rather, varied list: not much of huge excitement there if I'm honest.  I'd add Shovel Knight and Ace Attorney 6 to that.

EDIT: Ooh ooh does Tomodachi Collection count? Or is that too rumourish?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next