We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tomadachi Life

Go down 
+14
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Treesmurf
SquidgyGoat
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
JayMoyles
Axis1500
The_Jaster
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Tomadachi Life - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 0:32

Thing with Animal Crossing is that while there is stuff to do, it's not all that interesting. I've racked up about 80 hours of playtime on New Leaf - it's an amazing game - but I can see why people don't find it compelling. Tomodachi Life seems to be a very different beast. The Kotaku review described it as being like an "ant farm" where you prod the Miis and see what they do. I still really want it.

In the meantime, why not enjoy Nintendo at E3, Tomodachi music video style?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyMon 30 Jun 2014 - 20:11

Rum Rapture wrote:
In the meantime, why not enjoy Nintendo at E3, Tomodachi music video style?
I don't think I ever need to see Mr. Tezuka rapping again  Aww! 

But loving this so far - mainly because I've only really played in 20 minute burst.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 10:46

Jimbob wrote:

But loving this so far - mainly because I've only really played in 20 minute burst.

I'd say that's definitely the way to play it. I played it for lengthy sessions when it first came out, and felt it ran out of surprises a bit too quickly. I knew all it's jokes after having it for a couple of days. I think it's something to be experienced, but for all the folk sitting on the fence, I'd suggest sitting longer and seeing if the price drops.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 19:03

Rum Rapture wrote:
Thing with Animal Crossing is that while there is stuff to do, it's not all that interesting.

BUT THEN WHY WOULD YOU PLAY IIIIIIIIIT? Sad 

Anyway, seeing as that was my problem with AC, and given Kappa's daming-with-faint-praise appraisals, I'm giving this a wide berth until it hits bargain prices.

EDIT: Misspelt Cappa's nickname...

Tomadachi Life - Page 4 Kappa-no-kaikata
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 20:22

Balladeer wrote:
Rum Rapture wrote:
Thing with Animal Crossing is that while there is stuff to do, it's not all that interesting.

BUT THEN WHY WOULD YOU PLAY IIIIIIIIIT? Sad 

Anyway, seeing as that was my problem with AC, and given Kappa's daming-with-faint-praise appraisals, I'm giving this a wide berth until it hits bargain prices.

I like building the town up so it's full of characters and then building friendships with and between all of them. There's still a lot to enjoy in Animal Crossing - I've racked up about 80 hours on it - but for me, anyway, the problem comes when you've left it for a while and then have to go back and put all the effort in again, because your town has gone into disarray.

But then I know what you're like, Balls Man, and to prevent you going on another Dark Souls-esque tirade of complaining about a game that you just don't have any interest in, I'm dropping the AC thing right now.  Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 1:27

I've played the welcome version and I really liked what I say despite I not being much of a game but I think a price drop is still needed though, £20 will do for me, I laughed quite a bit in the short amount of time I spent with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 Aug 2014 - 23:13

This game makes me sad.

When you
Spoiler:
And then I gave Jessica Ennis mashed potato and she melted into the floor in disgust and that was funny and I'm OK again.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 Aug 2014 - 11:29

I've never had anyone melt into the floor! I've had Miis really love food before though, that was really good. I have to admit, I'm still finding some really funny new things to see in Tomadachi Life, two months later. Just last night I had my first islander break-up. I've been playing this much more than I ever expected.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 22:13

Finally got this (after waiting a few weeks for it to arrive too) and it's gone in to my daily routine along with Animal Crossing and StreetPass Plaza although it's taking more of that time than the other 2. I'm loving finding new funny moments and bits of customisation, this is the sort of thing we should have seen the Mii characters doing years ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 8:06

*casts Life* Jo got this a few days ago and is totally addicted. The first two Miis she made were the pair of us and we're special someones. Love The Mii of me sounds like me! It's a bit frightening, actually. Anyway, Jo made my niece and her nephew, who are also special someones! It's all so cute.

Please, Lord, let there be no in-game break-ups! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 9:47

Jo's nephew and niece being together is... cute? Neutral
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 12:40

Balladeer wrote:

It's my niece and Jo's nephew - they're not related by blood. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 12:56

Ahhhhh. Misreading pronouns! Duh!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 9:21

ZeroJones wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

It's my niece and Jo's nephew - they're not related by blood. Thumbs Up!

Phew! That did worry me for a second - thought it was a bit odd you were OK with that!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 14:58

Further update: Jo just created our cats, Beatrice and Rosie. The first friends they made were each other. Shocked

Only a moment later, Beatrice asked in-game Jo to stroke her head from time to time. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 21:25

Tomadachi is the true start of Cyberdyne Systems Skynet & that is a 100% true fact.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 8:34

Jo has asked me to ask y'all the following questions: what's the deal with StreetPass hits for the game? Do you have to interact with them on the day you get them?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptySat 11 Apr 2015 - 15:32

I've just got the game today, so I'll let you know if I get any. Thumbs Up!

This really is a lot of fun - not normally my cup of tea (I didn't get on with Animal Crossing) but the sheer absurdity of this is fantastic. I've got Jon Snow from Game of Thrones wandering about in a wide-brimmed hat being morose, WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan and Hermione from Harry Potter flirting with one another and Shrek befriending Stephen Fry. It's made me laugh a lot already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 21:47

Today, my dad tried to declare his love for my mum - but she didn't even show up to the park to meet him. So I had to cheer him up by pushing him on a swing and doing a sliding puzzle.

Brutal. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 22:16

Ooft. Reminds me of home. Aww! note, this is sarcasm

I had the same happen to my own Mii - he was stood up at the cafe by Lucina from Fire Emblem. She then decided to start going out with Walter White, which was a real kick in the stomach for my Mii.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomadachi Life   Tomadachi Life - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomadachi Life
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4