We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Apr 2014 - 20:33

Hello, folks! Just a passing visit tonight to get some votes in for andyman, but I wanted y'all to know I'm here. Thank you all for your good wishes. Grin 

For the two people who don't know, my Grandad died just short of a fortnight ago, and since then we've all been up to our armpits in things that need doing. I've largely been doing my internetting from my phone during that time. I hope everyone here is well? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Apr 2014 - 20:40

Ah, sorry to hear about your Grandad Stu. Hope things are well with you.  Aww! 

Everything here has been going fine! The usual Drunkalily posts, moaning about games and madness as always!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptySun 6 Apr 2014 - 20:42

Oh yes, Buska has a different name now. More appropriate to my mind, as I've never heard of him doing any busking.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptySun 13 Apr 2014 - 19:09

So I've been sorting out the metaphorical tip that is my bedroom for the last few hours, it could be viewed as tedious but I've found it relaxing in a weird way to just sit down to such a mundane task as sorting through over two years of reciepts and sorting them out.  Anyhow, after finishing that and clearing the top of my bookshelf out (which I've basically been using as a dumping area for various crap and my reciepts for the last few years) I found something incredibly retro.  A CD Walkman!  So nineties!  And the best bit?  Despite my having it for longer than I can remember and it being my mother's long before then (it's been around since before the year 2000 if I recall correctly), it still works!

And now back to the cleaning.   Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:33

I just spent the best part of an hour fixing two keys that came off when I was cleaning my keyboard - not because it was a particularly difficult task (although I did have to look up a YouTube tutorial in order to work out how to do it) but because of how fucking fiddly of a job it was. I'm not sure if I've brought this up here before, but I suffer from dyspraxia and whilst general movement and hand-eye co-ordination (thank you video games!) aren't an issue for me now, finicky tasks are nigh-on bloody impossible. I couldn't tie my shoelaces by myself until I was about nine or ten, nor could I tie a tie until I was fifteen. I still can't do those tasks particularly well!

But yeah - fixed my laptop at the cost of feeling very stressed afterwards!

Last edited by JayMoyles on Tue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:37

JayMoyles wrote:
nor could I tie a tie until I was fifteen

If it's any consolation, I'm 28 and still don't know how.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 17:40

beemoh wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
nor could I tie a tie until I was fifteen

If it's any consolation, I'm 28 and still don't know how.

I still don't really know how, but I can have some semblance of a tie around my neck on the rare occasions I actually wear one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 18:20

Woo, dyspraxics unite! Tying a tie I could do early on (private school educations teaches you that), but it took me several years to be able to tie my laces. Balance (and thus the art of riding a bicycle) is particularly arduous for me, and piano-playing and videogames still haven't managed to improve my hand-eye co-ordination all that much.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 18:45

Learning how to ride a bike was torturous, ugh, bad memories flooding back.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 21:56

I've got pretty good balance, coordination etc but have ridiculous attacks of clumsiness out of nowhere. I can tie ties and bow ties, ride a motorcycle and walk on walls but sometimes ill just punch something out of my own hands or trip on my face like an imbecile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 21:58

Drunkalilly wrote:
I've got pretty good balance,  coordination etc but have ridiculous attacks of clumsiness out of nowhere. I can tie ties and bow ties, ride a motorcycle and walk on walls but sometimes ill just punch something out of my own hands or trip on my face like an imbecile.

That'll all be the drinking.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 9:27

The special educational needs lady at work reckons I have dyspraxia, too. If so it's very mild, though I do get the 'days of clumsiness' and 'short term memory problems' symptoms. Dyspraxics unite, indeed! Together we can take over the worl-*falls over*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 21:21

Has Backloggery's crash brought the rest of the forum's images down for anyone else? Neutral 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 21:33

Nope, the emoticons and gifs are still working here. My signature is looking very sparse though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 22:08

Nope, we can all Awesomedude to our hearts' content.  Dance Smile Grin :geek: Lol! Bounce Sunny Wave 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 22:09

That's awesome, dude.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 22:12

Could that joke bee moh unfunny?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 22:56

Drunkalilly wrote:
Could that joke bee moh unfunny?

It Drunka, lilly.

...wait.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 23:26

That wee dialogue inadvertently reminded me of the 'quite Fronkly, Moyles Balladeer...' bit. Ah, good times. Did treesmurf ever get his knighthood for that?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 8:19

He was President of GNamer for a bit, but now Rum's stolen his title.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 11:17

I will look into awarding him the knighthood, but I am of course a very Busy and Important Man.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 20:22

Sat in the doctors' waiting room yesterday, and there was this annoying child who just wouldn't shut the hell up all the time I was there. I'M SO GLAD I'M LONELY.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Apr 2014 - 10:32

On Thursday we officially organised the boiler being replaced. It's been a month now since we've had reliable hot water. Shocked That should all end on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Apr 2014 - 13:59

Saw a couple of kids running down the road today wearing t-shirts saying:
AWE
SOME
DUDE

Made me smile.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Apr 2014 - 15:45

Ahh, that NGamer institution. Where is he now? Hopefully sharing his wisdom to the masses.

Currently writing a job application for a job I really want, and one I think I fit the criteria for perfectly, but doubt I'll get because, you know. The job market and all that. Also trying to work out how best to organise my past employment on my CV for this job. Currently it makes perfect sense to me, but it probably wouldn't to an employer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next