We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 11:39

I'm pretty lucky in that respect. I have a top floor flat, and the front door opens onto a corridor which only has my flat, my downstairs neighbour and the ground floor cupboards the cafe uses.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 21:59

Facebook just told me that I logged into my account from Russia. Sulk
I've just spent the last 2 hours changing all the passwords I actually remembered and making sure no-one's spent my money on terrorism.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 22:21

Zdrastvooyte, Jimbobov! Wave

Seriously, hope there are no adverse consequences from that. Scary stuff!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 22:23

Presumably your account hasn't been hacked?

Be safe Tovarish Bob Friend Bob. Nothing to see here, I am completely genuine Balladeer-type poster. Completely genuine.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyWed 4 May 2016 - 8:12

That feeling when you're asked how long ago you left high school when you're twenty-four years of age
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyWed 4 May 2016 - 9:25

Embrace your youthfulness Athrun! It doesn't last long.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyWed 4 May 2016 - 15:23

I have the opposite problem. People regularly add up to a decade to my age.
I can't imagine why...:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyWed 4 May 2016 - 22:07

I'm socially retarded, yet a bit bald. So it averages out and people know how old I am.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyWed 4 May 2016 - 22:17

I never ask but this chat is reminding me of when my brother, on the occasion of his thirty-third birthday, asked his then 2-year-old daughter how old she thought he was. The answer was "2... no, 3!".
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 9:47

Seems Gintendo might be a way into the slightly more professional video game "journalism" as I may have a writing opportunity for Retro Collect.

It is freelance but writing for a site that has 150k monthly views is a start, my first piece will be a news piece about a Dreamcast game.

I'm not stopping doing Gintendo things and I can put in my Author box about Gintendo.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyThu 19 May 2016 - 15:27

Our we going to be doing a Euros sweepstakes?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 16:26

I just discovered the forum profile character sheet

Can somebody please explain
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 16:40

You can effectively play Dungeons & Dragons through the forum's software, as we did here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 16:58

I don't think I can DM any more though, I'm not an admin. and so can't change people's character sheets. Aww!

(Let's be honest though, I wasn't dropping a Phoenix Down on that any time soon.)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 18:30

That, my dear Balla, was the 80,000th post on the GNamer Forum! Applause

(I changed my character sheet to reflect my current age - this is by no means a legally binding contract that we will be having another GNamer Forum RPG)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyThu 26 May 2016 - 11:30

Why is the news currently talking about self-driving cars like they're ever going to be an actual thing? Does anyone here think they're actually realistically going to mesh with society, given good old human nature?

Don't get me wrong I ain't poopooing the tech itself, but I also don't for a single second trust average people to not screw something up in the things
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyThu 26 May 2016 - 13:19

But self-driving cars are a lot more trustworthy than drivers because of the reason you just stated.

We already have self-driving trains and planes, and many cars already on the road can do things like park themselves. It's only a matter of time, and I don't think it's a reality that far away at all. Especially not with the big business backing it has. Google can get things done.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 12:44

As someone who lives next door to a bunch of yobs with run down cars they refuse to let die (to the point it's clear they rev the engines every day to prevent them shutting off for good), would I want to be on the road with people like them using self-repaired automated cars?  No, no I would not.  

As far as actual driving goes, maybe, but the problem is there will be those out there that decide to "repair" their machines themselves, and instead completely mess them up.  Those other vehicles you mention are all overseen by actual people, but more importantly they're overseen by people who had to take extensive tests to use them, and are maintained under strict regulations and checks.  

Automated cars would not be subject to those checks, and over time ordinary people would, inevitably, ruin them.  

That's not even bringing up the fact that making a cars functions run on computer programs rather than manual mechanics just strikes me as profoundly unwise.  Say the thing glitches and drives the person in to a brick wall at top speed?  At least with the current system its driver error that causes that sort of thing, or something unavoidable like weather and bad road design
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 14:50

Athrun888 wrote:
Automated cars would not be subject to those checks, and over time ordinary people would, inevitably, ruin them.

Well this just isn't true! Almost all automated cars (outside of concepts) are designed with full manual fall-back and the law will almost certainly state that a driver is required in the early stages of uptake. There is absolutely no reason to believe that they wouldn't also be subject to MOTs like any other car. If someone repairs one below standard, it should get caught at an MOT (if not before). Poor quality repairs isn't a new problem created by driverless cars regardless.

Athrun888 wrote:
That's not even bringing up the fact that making a cars functions run on computer programs rather than manual mechanics just strikes me as profoundly unwise.  Say the thing glitches and drives the person in to a brick wall at top speed?  At least with the current system its driver error that causes that sort of thing, or something unavoidable like weather and bad road design

The ethics of driverless cars is really interesting. If 100 less deaths are caused because driver error is eliminated, but one person dies because of a software fault, is that okay? Driverless cars don't eliminate accidents, but they change the nature of them, and we can be pretty confident in saying they can lead to a large reduction in death and injury. One of the interesting differences is that the person at fault changes from someone involved in the accident to someone who wrote some code one time halfway around the world. People may find that objectionable because it is no longer "their own" fault - but then again if you get sideswiped by someone jumping a light that's not your fault either, and that's exactly the kind of thing driverless cars should reduce.

Athrun888 wrote:
That's not even bringing up the fact that making a cars functions run on computer programs rather than manual mechanics just strikes me as profoundly unwise.

Then you better not buy any car made after 1990 - they already all do run on computer programs!
Back to top Go down
euan707
Philips CD-i Title
euan707

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptySun 29 May 2016 - 22:23

It's been about a month and a half since I was last here.

And even that was to plug something.

I apologize, I'll supply more puns from here on out.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptySun 29 May 2016 - 22:25

If it's more puns like the "better Nate than level" one, be warned - there will be more Boo .gifs. But we love it really.
Back to top Go down
euan707
Philips CD-i Title
euan707

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptySun 29 May 2016 - 22:31

While I do love long puns* I'm of the opinion that short and sweet is the way to go.

*:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 19:36

No

In other news, as a school friend of mine used to say, the temperature is unsuitable for storing human beings.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 19:49

Balladeer wrote:
If it's more puns like the "better Nate than level" one, be warned - there will be more Boo .gifs.  But we love it really.

What was that about again? Nope, I've no recollection of spending any period of time reading that. Not me, no.

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 2nauteg
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 20:11

Forget it, Jay.  It's GNamertown.

ZeroJones wrote:
In other news, as a school friend of mine used to say, the temperature is unsuitable for storing human beings.

Too bleeding sweating right.  I was out for maybe forty continuous minutes, and I have sunstroke. IT'S STILL SPRING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next