We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread

Go down 
+5
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Balladeer
masofdas
9 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 22:16

Okay before anyone says anything I know there's a, what I'm listening to thread. But I feel that's something like a actual band like a green day or oasis. What I mean here is soundtracks etc be it a Film, TV, Anime or whatever.

Reason I bring it up as I was watching a film based on a TV show which has a excellent opening. I think cube is a little bit of fan of the show & the film.

So I give you

Also wonder how long till someone posts the game of thrones theme.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 4 Jun 2014 - 22:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 22:23

While I would have thought that this was encompassed in the "What Are You Listening" thread, I know that Cappa doesn't like people using his thread for soundtracks and stuff (erm, is that right, Cappa?).  So have at it!  Maybe make the difference a bit more clear in the title, though?

Anyway, I listen to Homestuck music.  Lots and lots of Homestuck music.  Homestuck is a very long complicated divisive comic (with some awful fans, but never mind that), told mostly through .gifs and partly through Flash.  Some of those Flashes have music to them.  And sometimes people compose music relevant to the story that doesn't go into Flashes.

There are many many Homestuck albums and songs.  Here's an album I really like - instrumental rock/metal stuff, and not long.  And here's my favourite piece from said album (possibly, depending on the day):

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 22:31

I wasn't really listening to it though, I just thought of it and think it's good.

What do you think would work as a better title, Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread maybe.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 22:32

That sounds fine to me, yup.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 22:39

I really, really love the soundtracks to Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, and in particular the various songs derived from the texts. In fact, all my life, most of the music I've listened to has either been a soundtrack or a song or band which I've gotten into for hearing it in something. I generally like music better when it's tied to a context or nostalgia.

On a similar note, am I the only person here who absolutely loves Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of the Worlds?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 1:12

Nice thread idea! I also love me a bit of Firefly.

There is an absolute tonne of film soundtracks I quite like but I'll just post a handful of songs from a few of my favourite films.

The Blasters - Dark night (From Dusk Till Dawn)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMQgjZ4nwyQ

Neil Diamond/Urge Overkill - Girl, you'll be a woman soon (Pulp Fiction)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9FLqDZDDsg

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Fear and loathing in Las Vegas)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewCtsuxQ-ZE
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 7:38

The first soundtrack I ever bought was to my favourite film: Amélie. The central theme - which has three versions on the OST CD, all of which have different qualities - is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaFDhiIUz98p

Another Firefly fan here! Great sci-fi cut down before it could reach its prime.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 8:31

The Lion King wins every time! The music is just absolutely amazing!

Also enjoy getting this out of your head today!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 15:54

Yay, finally a place to post background music! Bios nzk time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5B20kJrqlU

And my favourite theme from the last gundam unicorn soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLtrCJ1ycig
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 22:08

andyman949 wrote:
It's never not in my head, my friend. On an unrelated note, I suddenly really feel like playing some Monster Hunter...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 23:23

Drunkalilly wrote:
andyman949 wrote:
It's never not in my head, my friend. On an unrelated note, I suddenly really feel like playing some Monster Hunter...

you bastard andy! DAMN YOU!  Laughing 

I'd be up for MH sometime this weekend.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 10:28

Some good stuff there guys,

I give you Dollhouse, all Joss's series seem to have a decent intro.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 12:07

I've been watching a lot of farscape on netflix recently so here's its theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpRRB6q8hxc

(side note: It sounds so weird to me without Crichton speaking over it.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 13:15

Farscape was a weird one, I remember being on BBC 2 then wasn't on for ages then came back then got cancelled but similar to firefly got that peace keeper movie thing and I got this feeling there's a new movie / reboot coming.

Any way I've gone which was going to be a double whammy here and noun-nintendo music but as Jay has only recently put up his game for the week, I will leave it. But this all came from buska with transformers and not using a transformer game due it having music from films/shows etc which made me think off.

The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread Scott-Pilgrim-Movie-Comic-Wallpaper-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-21672797-1366-768

Full Soundtrack, as you might know it got a game as well which based on the books not the film with a very good soundtrack which I was going to put up but will leave for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Gogoata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Gogoata

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 15:33

I USED TO LOVE FARSCAPE AND SO DID MY GRANDDAD UNTIL HE DIED  Aww! 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 16:04

There have been a few Kamen rider OP's that I've liked that I won't link yet
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 21:03

masofdas wrote:
Farscape was a weird one, I remember being on BBC 2 then wasn't on for ages then came back then got cancelled but similar to firefly got that peace keeper movie thing and I got this feeling there's a new movie / reboot coming.

If I remember right the scheduling of the episodes could be weird at times but it wasn't actually cancelled until season 4 then they done the 3 hour mini series/movie to finish it off due the demand from fans.

How season 4 ended was definitely a big catalyst for that.....
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread   The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Non-Gaming Soundtrack Thread
Page 1 of 1