We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy Explorers

Go down 
+5
ZeroJones
flora-chan
masofdas
Balladeer
shanks
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Final Fantasy Explorers  Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 10:22

Final Fantasy Explorers  10367573_10204381399962121_2682348171196662507_n

New FF game coming out which the Japanese publication Jump has revealed in its latest issue that Square Enix are currently developing it which will be a multiplayer action-RPG game for the 3DS

According to magazine, players will be able to select from a variety of different classes for their character, essentially enabling them to narrow down to a specific role within a team. Up to four players can form an in-game party, with the idea being that players each serves a specific purpose in order to conquer enemies.

So far only announced for Japan at the moment but has no date as of yet
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyThu 12 Jun 2014 - 10:55

Monster Hunter x FF? I could be up for this, depending on how it pans out.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Final Fantasy Explorers   Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015 - 21:30

I don't if any of the importing members have played the Japanese version of this but it's been confirmed for almost my birthday of Jan 26th for Europe for this MonHan style Final Fantasy.

Anyone that isn't Cappa excited.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015 - 21:53

It's about freaking time they did a 3DS Final Fantasy game confirmed as role-playing game Thumbs Up!
I have been a huge fan of them from the DS versions in the past and now onward Bounce Dance
Lets hope you give you this game as a birthday gift wish, let's get hyper about this of excitement.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 0:35

Yeah I got it a while ago and had a bit of a run through
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 7:02

I've just merged the forum's two Final Fantasy Explorers topics together. I'm glad it's coming out in the West but it's not one I've got my eye on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 8:42

Top admin, work, Zero! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 13:17

I actually forgot this game existed, assumed it wouldn't come out here to my folly I guess.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 15:49

Balladeer wrote:
Monster Hunter x FF?  I could be up for this, depending on how it pans out.

From the trailer it looked more Xenoblade or crystal chronicles.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 17:13

According to people that have played it, it's a MonHan but with a Final Fantasy paint job and maybe more Japaneseness.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 17:14

The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

That'd be even better! Grin But Mas' posts contradicts that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 17:18

We need more details from Shanks as to what it plays like.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 17:21

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

That'd be even better! Grin But Mas' posts contradicts that.

Don't get me wrong the 4 player co-op etc looks very similar to how monster hunter is set up but the combat did not which is what I meant but failed to explain.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 14:13

I tried the Japanese demo for this and it's a pretty weak Monster Hunter clone, at least going off first impressions. If you're the sort of person that appreciates all the little nuances Monster Hunter has, and the way you have to take them into account when hunting (animation times, eating times, tripping over if you roll at the last second) you'll probably find this a little plain.

It just feels boring to play, the character movement could have come from any game (and even then it is pretty stilted). Looks really nice from a visual point of view but I'd take Monster Hunter over this any day.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 16:01

Basically Fronk sums it up.. I had never played a monster hunter game before I got this so the MH to FFex comparison was Mute to me. But the game looks nice and to me it's not as boring to play especially if you have a bit of time to kill.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 16:14

@shanks I thought you had MH4U?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 19:02

Not on my Jap console. My first run was when it came out here.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 18:08

fronkhead wrote:
I tried the Japanese demo for this and it's a pretty weak Monster Hunter clone, at least going off first impressions. If you're the sort of person that appreciates all the little nuances Monster Hunter has, and the way you have to take them into account when hunting (animation times, eating times, tripping over if you roll at the last second) you'll probably find this a little plain.

It just feels boring to play, the character movement could have come from any game (and even then it is pretty stilted). Looks really nice from a visual point of view but I'd take Monster Hunter over this any day.

This is a huge disappointment if this is true of what you said in this comment No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 10:36

This looked good on the direct, during the Skype chat I brought up that some of you weren't fans of it but Andy did point out that a game like that may life and die on MultiPlayer.

Anyone after now seeing it, getting it, the only thing that makes it a possible for me is it's out the day after my birthday and January is a dead month but 3DS gets almost zero play that I still may not get it or ask for it for my birthday.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 11:33

I love a good hunting game, and I do like Final Fantasy, so I'll probably get this. Looked good in the direct!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy Explorers    Final Fantasy Explorers  Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy Explorers
Page 1 of 1