We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty29/11/17, 02:08 pm

Take this all with a pinch of salt but I'm going to put 2 and 2 together and come up with a direct coming soon.

1. Namco announced awhile ago like many that the Switch has done better than they thought and have a few things planned for it. This is true.

2. I posted about rumors of a upcoming direct in the genreal Switch chat, which would talk about Switch in 2018 which would include a few things from Namco.

3. One of those games would be Soul Calibur VI which would star Link, since then reports Soul Calibur VI to be at either The Game Awards or PSX which is around the 8th of December. I think we see the PlayStation exclusive charcter at one of those events and it might be Dante.

4. Nintendo Japan website direct section has been updated and has a blank space now for a direct.

5. Namco have a event on December 15th which will show 5 unannounced games which of course could be all mobile but Nintendo will have a strong presence at the event according to reports.

I'm thinking that we will get a Direct sandwiched in-between TGA/PSX and the Namco event, so likes of Soul Calibur VI will be shown at PSX showing the PlayStation exclusive charcter then in the Direct showing Link then if you're lucky enough to be in Japan go hands on with the games shown in the Direct from Namco or it could be after the Namco event which likely won't be shown to anyone but if things like Link in Soul Calibur VI is there and we know that before a direct , the surprise of him appearing in Soul Calibur VI would be lost.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty30/11/17, 01:03 am

Sound reasoning. And round seasoning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty03/01/18, 10:00 am

Big rumours that there'll be another Direct this month. Some are saying the 11th. Others are getting carried away and saying we'll see the first glimpses of Smash 5 and MP4.

A Direct this month has to be a no-brainer, surely? After the Switch's great 2017, we need to know what's hitting in the first half of 2018, before E3 tells us what'll be blowing us away in the second half. And do we know any Switch releases in the first half of this year for sure?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty03/01/18, 10:37 am

I'm ready. Direct me, Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty03/01/18, 10:59 am

Normally I wouldn't comment on rumours but if we don't catch sight of Picross S2, I swear I will shut this forum down. With the big red button on my desk. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty03/01/18, 03:49 pm

Even though I did the maths and got December, what the rumours are for this one are still very close to what I was thinking, that Namco will be showing a lot off.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty03/01/18, 05:32 pm

Balla wrote:
And do we know any Switch releases in the first half of this year for sure?

From Nintendo? There isn't a whole lot eh.

In fact I was have a wee look on shopto last night and all they have down for this month and next month at retail are:

January
Soldam: drop, connect, erase
Lost Sphear
Axiom Verge
Rocket League

Feburary
Dragon Quest Builders
Portal Knights
Overcooked
Bayonetta bundle
The longest 5 minutes
Payday 2

------

So yeah I'm ready to see what more they have in store for us this year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty04/01/18, 08:02 am

Well excavated Jas. That is, as I thought, slim as all heck.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty04/01/18, 09:51 am

See that looks half decent to me as those are 6 decent'ish games in Feb and when was the last time the 3DS or Wii U got 6 fames in one month and in Q1.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty04/01/18, 10:28 am

To be fair, I don't want anything else to come out and distract me from Bayonetta.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty04/01/18, 05:31 pm

I do want Axiom verge multiverse edition but it comes out on the same day as MH World so it just wouldn't get played, I also did enjoy the DQ builders demo back on ps4 so the list is somewhat decent but I was pointing out that Nintendo themselves don't have anything.

Hopefully the rumoured direct can give us some other things in late Feb early March or maybe a new IP for the eShop.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty04/01/18, 08:16 pm

DQ Builders is my next must-buy... in fact, I'm not going to buy anything in January to help finance it. Cool
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty07/01/18, 03:11 pm

The_Jaster wrote:
Balla wrote:
And do we know any Switch releases in the first half of this year for sure?

From Nintendo? There isn't a whole lot eh.

In fact I was have a wee look on shopto last night and all they have down for this month and next month at retail are:

January
Soldam: drop, connect, erase
Lost Sphear
Axiom Verge
Rocket League

Feburary
Dragon Quest Builders
Portal Knights
Overcooked
Bayonetta bundle
The longest 5 minutes
Payday 2

------

So yeah I'm ready to see what more they have in store for us this year.

That's actually much much better than I thought it was, February especially, if that's what a low-key couple of months looks like then Switch is even better than I thought.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty07/01/18, 04:09 pm

I didn't realise the Bayonetta bundle was releasing in February, so that's a plus. If you removed the retail releases for stuff that's already out on eShop, though, I still reckon that looks pretty spartan.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty07/01/18, 07:44 pm

Don't you think Nintendo want Bayo to shine and have it's own month then have a Kirby in March, Yoshi in April etc
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty11/01/18, 04:24 pm

So what did you's all make of the mini direct then? I think it fleshes out the spring window quite nicely, the games I'll likely pick up are: Mario tennis aces, Fe, Hyrule warriors, Dark souls, Celeste & TWEWY: FR.

Bounce
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty11/01/18, 04:59 pm

Fe, and Celeste especially, look like nice little indie titles. I'll probably finally get around to playing TWEWY, which will please Jay. Mario Tennis actually looks great, a return to real fleshed-out Mario sports titles like we've been crying out for. M&R never grabbed me, but happy for people who want more. Donkey Kong was good, I'm in no rush to replay it but I'm happy other people can experience it. Same with Hyrule Warriors.

AND DARK SOULS. Can't wait to replay it on Switch. Unfortunately, I saw a number of tweets that a remaster would be announced today coming to Switch, so the reveal was ruined. I'm still super pumped.

Oh, and that Mario challenge mode looks genuinely really fun.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty11/01/18, 06:16 pm

To many ports 7.8
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty11/01/18, 06:43 pm

After having started the day thinking there was no way, I was nicely surprised. It was a pretty good one, all told, I thought; like Drunka, though, some spoilers had emerged before I got to see it. Nonetheless, as Jas says, the roster for the first half of 2018 is now looking rather good. I like that I've got a Dragon Quest Builders demo to smash through shortly, and that SNK women fighters only game is a nice thought, at least. Then... Souls. Cool Prepare for Zerorage! Evil or Very Mad Falcon Punch
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty11/01/18, 06:45 pm

They did a lady only fighter before on the NGPC called Gal Fighters, it was pretty good. But this year even on Switch, we will likely see some better than it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty11/01/18, 06:52 pm

There's the big Street Fighter collection, for a start. I'm thinking I'll get both, actually. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty11/01/18, 08:20 pm

I raise one eyebrow at calling that game 'nice', sir.

It was good, wasn't it?  I'll be getting Dark Souls ( Rolling Eyes ), TWEWYDX, Mario Tennis Aces (a word that funnily enough I used to use as a superlative...), Fe looks fun, Celeste looks like a maybe, and possibly that Ys VIII thing.  The Rabbids and Odyssey DLCs both looked pretty ace (there you go) too, although I'll probably bother with neither.  And it's nice to see those who haven't had the chance getting more of the Wii U's best.  ComeonTokyoMirageSessionscomeonTokyoMirageSessionscomeonTokyoMirageSessions

Of course you got people expecting the moon and being disappointed.  I thought it started and finished really well, and had enough good stuff in between, to keep me satisfied, if not completely obliterated.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty12/01/18, 06:37 am

Balladeer wrote:
I raise one eyebrow at calling that game 'nice', sir.

It's very much a double-edged sword, is SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (if I'm going to support it, I might as well learn its name!). I'm taking the feminist angle on this one. If it's overt in its sexual overtones, I will turn on it like a Star Wars fan who had different expectations of The Last Jedi. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty12/01/18, 01:56 pm

I wonder, at what point after so many years does one sit back and accept that Nintendo directs are simply lame advert reels now?  They haven't been the same since Iwata passed (nor would I want them to be frankly).  

And yet I'll still tune in to them.  Because
General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Wynaut10

Surprised to see Ys 8 coming to the switch, guess Falcom and NISA want that sweet sweet nintendo money.  A good chance for Nintendo-only gamers to get a taste of my much-praised Falcom and their more action-y zelda.  Maybe I'll get over my humph with NISA for poaching the liscnece from XSEED (the folks responsible for Ys's current western presence) by then too.  

I'll naturally be checking out TWEWY too, its been praised by certain folks round these parts too much to not give this Definitive Edition a look (and who knows, if it sells enough it might get a sequel.  Bah who am I kidding, it's probably got as much chance of that as Valkyrie Profile).  And hah, knew they'd have some sort of "Remix" thing this year, just got the IP wrong!  

As for the rest of the direct, probably goes without saying but it left about as much of an impact on me as the English bowling attack this Ashes series.  Nah nah!

And no, no, Dark Souls coming to the switch and ps4 will not get me on that bandwagon. I take one look at that grim creepy world and I nope out. Gimme my purty colourful Tales of games any day.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty12/01/18, 03:42 pm

Seeing lots of game announcements is nice, but I'll agree they don't feel "special" like they used to. Ah, what a wonderful man he was. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next