We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Go down 
+8
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
mandlecreed
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
ScottGamer17
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Need For Speed: Most Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 11:28

Confirmed for a March 22nd European release!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/need_for_speed_most_wanted_screeching_on_north_american_wii_u_consoles_march_19th

Off-screen gameplay! Bonus multiplayer modes! Free DLC packs! I fully intend on getting this, though the fact I can buy this game right now for the 360 at around half the price of what the Wii U version will cost is mightily tempting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 18:44

If I ever finish Sonic Transformed, this'll be a must for me. I don't know much about it, though. I'm guessing it's another Criterion effort, though I've no idea if it's open-world or not.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ScottGamer17
Tingle's Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 19:40

Yep, the Wii U port is handled by the same dev that brought us Most Wanted on PS3/360 in 2012. It's the same exact game, but with the things that Phillips mentioned added on top of that.

I've got the 360 version, and it's really fun to play. What surprised me the most is how good the visuals are. I sometimes keep thinking to myself that it looks too good for current-gen consoles.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:36

With Criterion at the helm I'm certainly picking this up - in fact this release is the sole reason why I held off buying it at launch. You just know Criterion will put in a good effort for this version of the game.

Nice (and surprising) for EA to give us a DLC pack as well!
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 18:49

I really can't wait for this one. Hot Pursuit was an absolute corker and I'm sure Criterion have done a great job on the Wii U port for MW. Plus it has the Bugatti Veyron in it which in all honesty is a beast of a motor.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 23:11

Apparently there's a third party-focused Nintendo Direct due in a couple of weeks, so maybe we'll get a look at this then. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyWed 13 Feb 2013 - 14:58

It looks fabulous, Alex Ward providing a little walkthrough today for it: http://www.nintendo-nation.net/?p=2754

Criterion really do take pride in their work as it's evident they haven't given us a quick and easy port. Visuals are the best out of any version, and the new asymmetric play mode looks like it could both be helpful and a pain depending on who has the GamePad. Can't wait!

Oh, and it has true Miiverse integration from within the game, not just some external board on the Miiverse forums. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyWed 13 Feb 2013 - 19:34

Watched the video earlier and I have to say they really sound like they've taken pride in this version, along with an almost Nintendo like stance for getting total novices started in the world of 3d racing games.

In short, I'll probably end up getting this. Looks fun, stunning, and um, yeah. That's pretty much all it needs to be I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyThu 14 Feb 2013 - 0:38

That really sounds great will probably get it a week or so after launch though as the 22nd is Monster hunter season.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 11:17

Out this week - and ShopTo have it in stock!

The ONM review has reaffirmed that I definitely want this, but the price sticks in my craw - I can either get it for £40 on Wii U, or for around £15 on the 360.

Is anyone getting this?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 12:10

I don't think I'll get this at full price, but when it goes down I think I'll give it a go. Its been ages since I really got into a racing game, and Burnout 2 back in the day was absolutely phenomenal. I just wish this had a nice mode for playing as the filth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 14:16

Bugger it. I just went ahead and ordered it with some of my ShopTo credit, getting it down to £27 (with a free MP3 download). I just can't see the price tumbling by much anytime soon - and it just looks too good to resist.

Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 15:20

This'll be dropping through my door tomorrow too. Looks supoid!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 16:22

After an iffy and confusing start, I'm happy to say that I'm really, really enjoying this. No doubt that it takes a wee bit of getting used to, but it's just as vibrant and full-bodied as I knew it would be. Things get even better when you take it online!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 19:51

Initial control issues, Phillips?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 2:58

I think that's what he means, I was the same, and we had a brief Twitter discussion about it. The handling feels a bit unresponsive when turning, the cars don't seem to maneuver well, will take some getting used to that will. Apart from that, can't complain much based off what I've played. Looks glorious, with no slowdown whatsoever, even when you're bombing around the streets at full pelt. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 11:15

That doesn't sound massively promising, though I usually have issues with controls when I first start a racing game. I found the cars in Sonic Transformed seemed more sluggish than their Sonic Racing counterparts.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 14:14

Yeah, what Dusty said. I feel that it throws you in at the deep end (as in: it doens't offer you enough of an explanation as to what you're supposed to do or how), but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I've played it for about six hours, and would say that's this or NSMBU is my favourite Wii U game so far.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 20:25

44.99 on the eShop isn't too shabby at all. I'd happily pay that. Burnout Paradise cost me 43 quid not long after release and I'm still playing that, so if NFS gives the same amount of play, then yeah.

Unfortunately, The 360 I had to buy due to my Elite's death means only Bioshock will get bought this time round. NFS will get got next payday.

Looking forward to it, as long as that handling lark isn't too 'off.'

Uh, in fact. I might just get this. Then Bioshock next month. Agh decisions xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 20:36

Glad everyone's enjoying this, I can't wait to play it myself.

I remember Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit also had heavier handling when compared with Criterion's previous efforts, but once I understood the handling model the cars were a dream to drive around the tracks.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 9:59

I've got to admit this is very tempting - I was watching the GamesRadar playtest, and it looks like it doesn't take itself too seriously, I've already spent >£100 on games today though!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 12:11

Really enjoying this game, which is surprising because car games aren't usually my thing. I like how your Mii appears on billboards when you're "wanted by the cops." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 17:54

I was hoping there'd be a demo on the eShop but, alas, there isn't one. I'm just looking for something to play online, so if a lot of people pick this up I'll join them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 20:04

sporkhead wrote:
Glad everyone's enjoying this, I can't wait to play it myself.

I remember Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit also had heavier handling when compared with Criterion's previous efforts, but once I understood the handling model the cars were a dream to drive around the tracks.
I couldn't agree more, the cars did feel like tanks at first before you 'nailed' how to handle them.
I'm hoping that my copy will pop through the mail box tomorrow, failing that on Tuesday just before I start my week long break.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 21:57

I demand some six-player online action later this week. It's great fun online, and gives us loads of potential for Mario Kart Wii-style argy-bargy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted Empty

Back to top Go down

Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next