We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts Empty
PostSubject: Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts   Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 21:51

Has anyone picked these up yet? I find them symbolic of Nintendo's commitment to let Miyamoto pursue whatever he likes regardless of profits. Pikmin 3 itself always seemed like a game made out of love, and it's sad that all that hard work will largely go unappreciated by many.

Back to the shorts, though, I finally received some impressions from someone who goes by the name "The Last Gogeta" on the interwebs, and I think I'm sold now:

To begin with, there are three main episodes ranging from 2 minutes to nearly 13 minutes in length which totals around 25 minutes which you may have heard. All of the premises are childish but effective cartoon-esque where it focuses on a small cast of Pikmin (large in the final episode) working or messing around and some misunderstandings. Olimar is around but you are watching the little guys. Fortunately, the longer the movie, the more surprises and shout outs the movie has time for so you will enjoy the longer episodes more.

You can access a series of sound effects when watching or pausing any of the videos with the d-pad, face buttons. shoulder buttons, start and select buttons which is probably intended for the storyboards but avaliable anywhere.

The 3D? It looks pretty good with this movie.

Those bonus features (Omake)? TOHO Cinema title shows with varying Pikmin gags. TOHO 3D Glasses trailer and RealD 3D Glasses Trailer. Two short storyboard with Flipnote (Not in 3D >_>).

It isn't the best spent 500 yen on the eShop I've made, but I've got a stronger incentive to give Pikmin a spin and I'll definitely rather pay for the 3D version than a HD one (Youtube too tempting).

And as Chris Schilling mentioned, "Miyamoto's short Pikmin movies go to some pretty dark places." See 30 seconds in on the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTnNdctBvtQ&feature=youtu.be&t=30s
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts   Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 21:56

The only time I can justify paying extra for movies is if they're gonna last an hour and a half or so and are on a rather large screen in a room where popcorn fills the air. 30 mins of content that I'll only watch once doesn't tick any boxes for me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts   Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014 - 22:11

I'm one point away from gaining another Nintendo Network Premium code, and I can see myself putting that extra fiver straight towards the 3D shorts. Smiles in today's gaming landscape and culture are priceless, mind.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts   Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014 - 2:00

I probably will get them soonish, have games to get first
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts   Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 6:36

*bump-bumpa-bump-bumpa-bumpata-bump, bump-bump*

Got this through the Stars Catalogue yesterday and watched it, too. Pikmin? Pikminions, more like! The two longest of the three shorts were the funniest - the first one was simply unsettling. No They come recommended, especially at 1,300 Stars (I got them in HD, mind, in which they look utterly stunning). Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts   Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts Empty

Back to top Go down

Miyamoto's Pikmin movie shorts
Page 1 of 1