We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Hearts R

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Tales of Hearts R Empty
PostSubject: Tales of Hearts R   Tales of Hearts R EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 10:30

Did anyone pick this up? I've quite enjoyed my time so far with this, mainly because it's a classic Tales game in the literal sense: it sticks to the template of old and then some. It's also nice that it isn't stupidly long and padded out, either, and the battle system is engaging, though mechanically speaking it doesn't flow quite as well as it should.

I've also warmed to how it is as a remake. It is pretty low budget but it does ultimately feel made with love despite the stiff animation and dull backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tales of Hearts R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R   Tales of Hearts R EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 12:19

It's on my VITA to buy list lol
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Tales of Hearts R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R   Tales of Hearts R EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 14:19

I've not clicked with any of the 4 Tales games I've tried (finished Graces f, but couldn't get on with Abyss, Xillia and Symphonia), so it's certainly not high on my priority list. Think my gf's getting it for Christmas so I might give it a spin at some point.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Tales of Hearts R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R   Tales of Hearts R EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 17:59

Ah, if you didn't click with Abyss and Symphonia then it's probably not going to be your cup of tea. Still worth a try I guess: it's only 30 hours long as well so not a gigantic time investment.

I've put this on hold for now: the latter segments of game just aren't interesting and the story is pretty convoluted without seeming like it fits together in a satisfying way. I do love how puzzles have returned though, but random battles mean you can't solve them without being interrupted every few seconds...
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Tales of Hearts R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R   Tales of Hearts R EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 13:48

fronkhead wrote:
Ah, if you didn't click with Abyss and Symphonia then it's probably not going to be your cup of tea. Still worth a try I guess: it's only 30 hours long as well so not a gigantic time investment.

I've put this on hold for now: the latter segments of game just aren't interesting and the story is pretty convoluted without seeming like it fits together in a satisfying way. I do love how puzzles have returned though, but random battles mean you can't solve them without being interrupted every few seconds...

Definitely on my list of Vita games to pick up. I do have the DS version of the game, in Japanese, so it goes without saying that I got nowhere with it. Whistle
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Tales of Hearts R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R   Tales of Hearts R EmptySat 4 Apr 2015 - 12:12

I am a big tales fans they're my favourite games to play on different consoles, apart from pokemon of course with Nintendo handheld but from the anime adults point of view this a got to be the best RPG's for games out there and hope they do more in the future on the NX handheld and PS4 looking forward to it. I actually wanted to get a vita but knowing in a week advance tales of hearts R was coming out was a luck timer. It isn't the best tales game but it's one that not to be missed to play, it's not a terrible game nor it is the popular tales version.

I have played Tales of hearts on the DS lite in Japanese, it was pretty easy to do because I am very use to knowing where everything is despite I don't understand Japanese fully. It was very enjoyable indeed to play, a lot of fans from USA and Euro wanted this game a lot of a remake and BOOM it's done. We quite lucky that the tales team bring this, yes it's a cheaper remake from the DS version but this is what the fans wanted, it wasn't the plan of future gaming bring out to begin with. They'e forcing on tales of zestiria on the PS3 which is more important. Ninja

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tales of Hearts R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R   Tales of Hearts R Empty

Back to top Go down

Tales of Hearts R
Page 1 of 1