We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Major Writes Site

Go down 
+16
Fastpie
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Dead Lemon
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Sylveon
Jimbob
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Admin
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 11:39

ZeroJones wrote:
More folk have been putting up their Games Of The Year. Jimbob's, in particular, is really very good indeed.

I can only agree with you there, Zero. Jimbob's article is a really good read which does a great job of not only illustrating how great the tools of SMM are from a user standpoint, but also how awesome those features are for someone for whom the original SM game was a real game changer that they couldn't get enough of.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 19:58

You're all so kind! In case you didn't see the mutual back-slapping elsewhere, Muss' GOTY is a super neat version (and a better form of) the concept reviews you used to have to read round.
In fact they're all good. Everyone did good! Sorry again for only just now reading them (as mentioned elsewhere, I realised that I had to get mine written up every time I started reading)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 13:04

masofdas wrote:
He's got a better one on Journey

Speaking of Journey, you may notice me playing it very soon, rest assured it's for research purposes for my long overdue Gintendo debut.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 17:08

You playing all the games that have artistic merit and all about those emotions
GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 Large

Or maybe a second time around idea, as that could be a great piece going back to a game you didn't like and think why has this won stupid amount of awards and so critically acclaimed that it makes Top 100 games lists.

Mine would likely be Fallout 3 but I've got nothing to play it on.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 21:53

Shouldn't have sold your XBone again then!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 18:54

Actually I can play it on this thing I'm typing this message on.

Also I was going to quote you about having games sat around not used but I can't find it and go a great man once said.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 19:36

That was mostly a conversation me and you had in person. The argument would work, if we didn't all know you'll buy a third One one day Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 19:47

You did post something on here about it as well as I said about trying to buy less games and not having a collection of 70 Wii U games with 50 of them being naff.

And you posted a great message about similar thing.

I agree I'll likely will buy another ONE one day but at the moment it would collect dust & lose money (you said something about that as well in your post) and I know I can get one for £180ish at double discount without any price drops when there is some games on it but I've barely got time to play the PS4 yet alone anything else.

That Fallout 3 even if I did download it for this laptop, I don't know when I would even play it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 9:56

I done wrote a thing about Swapperoo, the match 3 game I've been playing on my iPhone. This has knocked the words that Muss wrote about Star Wars Battlefront off the 'current review' pedestal. Sorry, boss. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 10:27

That's always the way; whenever I have an article ready to go, Mas drops one five minutes later!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 10:33

I've got one to go up today as well also Andy said he'd put his LEGO Avengers review up this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 13:20

Speaking of which

Nice to see lots of activity on the site!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 18:37

I delayed my article piece on Street Fighter, I hear Muss is looking at doing something on SFV.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 20:01

ZeroJones wrote:
I done wrote a thing about Swapperoo, the match 3 game I've been playing on my iPhone. This has knocked the words that Muss wrote about Star Wars Battlefront off the 'current review' pedestal. Sorry, boss. Embarrassed

No worries, it's always nice to have new things to read on the site (and I didn't really like my battlefield review anyway).

Swappero is one I'm interested based on your thoughts from the podcast. Always liked the idea of match 3's but haven't found the one for me yet.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyWed 9 Mar 2016 - 10:43

I went and did my review of Chasing Dead on Wii U, it's bad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 15:48

Tried a coupl'a new things in my Bravely Second monster review, including a nicely laid-out sum-up, and a way to do NGamer's little insert boxes online.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 16:04

I like the end bit of the plus and negatives, I'm even more intruiged to play the game now due to this cool job and something fourth-wall-breaking bit that blows Psycho Mantis out of the water.

Also guys when you do a Gintendo piece if you put a photo first it shows up when you go to the review page for instance instead of just writing also the same applies for the Facebook page as without the picture there then it's just blank.

It's going to be shame to see a great review knocked-off by my Senran Kagura one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 16:05

I was just coming on here to compliment the boxes! Well played.
One small thing: there's a confusing line
The trouble is that BD, although a fine game in its own right, just isn't as good as its prequel.
I'm guessing that's meant to be sequel? When you're chucking abbreviations and euphemisms around, it gets confusing!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 16:10

Ah yes, I did indeed! Duh! Cheers gents, and well spotted Drunka.  I shall correct.  I do have a photo. there Mas, it just took a second to load. No I don't, I have a thumbnail. Embarrassed I'll consider it for next time, I'm okay with how it is for now.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 16:22

Also, kudos for the censorship comment Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 19:18

*awe* You should do that professionally, Balladerini. Shocked
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 20:54

There's no spoilers for the prequel in your review Balla, is there? I don't want to spoil myself as I do plan to pick it up eventually!

Speaking of spoiling, you've spoiled us with that wonderful layout Balla. I had a quick skim and saw how you've done your box features. Stellar, sir. Applause
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 20:56

No, none at all. Apart from that some of the returning characters don't die, I guess.

Thanks again, you've all been so kind. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2016 - 19:30

I'm putting together a review of my own just now, and toying with some of the formatting stuff Balla explored. Don't go reading the draft though, you cheeky buggers, I'm not ready yet.

One last though on Balla's BS review, which would make me buy it if I weren't so positive it would sit unplayed in my 3DS for a sad amount of time, is this: with the protagonist's name and all the stuff about chibi fanservice, there's no way I'd have avoided an Operation Yewtree joke. You're a better man than I.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2016 - 21:07

Great write-up Balla! I need to pick up these games at some point this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Major Writes Site
Page 17 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 37  Next