We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ironfall: Invasion

Go down 
+2
oldschool
fronkhead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Ironfall: Invasion Empty
PostSubject: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 0:35

Or: that game that looked a bit like Gears of War lite at the end of the Nintendo Direct.

I'm more interested in it due to its technical prowess, but I'd certainly consider it if the game (out on New 3DS launch day) is any good.

Apparently the team of three people behind it coded it in assembly language, which basically means they are insane. But it produces amazing results from the hardware.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 0:41

I remember it, but I certainly don't know enough about it to draw any conclusions yet.  Has there been more information out there?  I am completely neutral at this point without enough information.

EDIT: Okay, I watched the demo video and it is pretty impressive. Still, I am not a fan of shooters, but I hope this works and grows that market for the 3DS.

Last edited by oldschool on Fri 6 Feb 2015 - 0:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 0:45

Not much information, sadly. It was playable at the Nintendo of America press event, so there's some footage lurking around, but not enough to discern whether it plays a good third person shooter or not.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 3:59

Not massively bothered about this but I'd probably take a punt on if it ever goes on sale.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 7:47

I'm no shooter fan, but it does seem to me like it doesn't offer much to those who are shooter fans to coax them away from their Gearses and their Halos. I hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 9:52

I think I'm getting sent a review code for it and quite excited to play it as the the 3DS has nothing like it and just adds to the 3DS library of games in each genre.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 10:42

masofdas wrote:
I think I'm getting sent a review code for it and quite excited to play it as the the 3DS has nothing like it and just adds to the 3DS library of games in each genre.

That's the most important part isn't it, the broaden the appeal base, to bring in new consumers. I can still not care but hope it succeeds.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:29

I don't think it's going to attract any new customers. It looked like a clunky generic shooter. Mind you, I think Call Of Duty is a clunky generic shooter...
It certainly didn't help it being Nintendo of Europe's "and one more thing...", when previous iterations have been e.g. Mega Man is in Smash Bros..
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 20:06

Just had a quick go of the FREE multiplayer map, and the game is surprisingly good mechanically.

The button layout is a bit off as I don't like how run is ZL seems a little awakrd but not sure if moving it would be much better as you need to use the C-Stick all the time for aiming.

But I would say as it's a free download for some of the SP and least one MP map give it a bash.

I might download the full game soon.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 23:41

It's pretty bad. The 'innovative' business model (according to some sites) is the kind of thing lets us give it a go and dismiss it. I really was interested in the graphics and how the game feels to play in 60fps, now that I've had that (and then some) through the generous demo levels, I have no intention to try the game again.

Which is a shame, because the game was made by three people who were probably using their own personal savings to work on this.

As for the game itself, it feels like the sort of thing that Gameloft would put out -- an inferior clone of the real thing. The stylus controls are also a far cry from what we're used to on DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 23:50

I won't even try playing a game like this with the touch screen, it's fine with the C-Stick it's the first game that does really need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ironfall: Invasion   Ironfall: Invasion Empty

Back to top Go down

Ironfall: Invasion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: