We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars

Go down 
+5
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
9 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars Empty
PostSubject: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:23

As far as the Wii U eShop goes, this is probably as big-time as it gets. Solving puzzles, creating puzzles and sharing puzzles with all-too-rare GamePad stylus controls and a generous-by-standards cross-buy offer (though it'll look nicer on Wii U, hence I've fired this thread in here).

Could be good fun. This is a series with a good track record, but apart from the GBA original I've played none of them. Any other interested forumites ahead of it's March 20th release date?

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:25

I've enjoyed March of the Minis but it's not a series I'm desperate to return to. Might pick it up some time in a sale.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:45

Not a series I've touched but might be worth a go but I think the main draw is creating levels and with Mario Maker coming, I'd sooner wait for that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 18:52

I really enjoyed the original but didn't spend too much time with the later instalments so I'd be up for getting this one but with all the others games I'm looking forward to I don't know if I could fit this in.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 20:04

I really like these games so I'll be getting it as soon as its up for download
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 22:15

As an off-shoot of Donkey Kong '94 and filled with that lovely Lemmings-like gameplay (that's kind of disappeared now), I should be more into Mario Vs. Donkey Kong than I am (which is not at all, though I so should be). It might be time to rectify that, depending on price point. Mas's point about Mario Maker is a good one, mind - it has much more appeal to me, but, hey, let's go for both. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:09

I think it's going to be £15.99 but that's for both Wii U & 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:27

OUCH! That's me definitely out until a sale. Cross buy doesn't mean it should be double the price in the first place Laughing Unless this is mindblowingly expansive I'm not sure how they'll justify that price point.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:38

It depends as if it's on par with the other MvsDK games then it's a full release well a least a handheld full release and that would be what £29.99. But I doubt it's that big but still if it's half the size of a full title should it be half the price which it is.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 12:35

Someone must have looked at the sales of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and decided this price can work. If I do pick it up, it'll be Wii U only, as space on the 3DS is limited.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 9:23

I haven't touched this series since March of the Minis. I enjoyed that, but it was way too easy to get 100% in my opinion. The original was much more devilish in the highscore department, and I preferred the gameplay over its sequel. As for this? Not sure, I'll have to check some gameplay videos out.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 12:44

If I picked this up, it wouldn't be for the level creation - it'd be for the main game. Given that, I don't know whether this is for me, since the creation aspect seems to be The Big Thing this time around.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 15:10

Here's the GiAG review: http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars-review/
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 8:20

Spoiler: the GiAG reviewer was very enthusiastic. Winky Face Last night, a decision: I'm in for this! It's a franchise that I should always have had more time for, and there's not going to be a better time to get into it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyMon 16 Mar 2015 - 11:16

£17.99 on the eShop for both versions

You can get the retail version here a bit cheaper if you search you can get in a 3DS box instead.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 7:06

So I'm an owner of the game now. Grin However, I don't want the 3DS version, which I understand can be used on any console, not just one tied to my NNID. MP/PM me if you want it! First come, first served...

Edit: First has come and thus been served. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 8:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 7:55

I quite like it on the 3ds
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 18:19

Having played it a bit on the Wii U - Winky Face - I discover that it's a bit of alright. The graphics are big, bright and bold - as you might expect, given the crossbuy nature of the thing - and it's easy to get into. The fun holds out until at least 1-5! Grin
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 19:26

Definitely one for the price drop I think, cross buy is nice and all but it's not gonna sell it to me at that price.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars   Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
Page 1 of 1