We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What does everyone think of the 2DS?

Go down 
+2
JayMoyles
flora-chan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

What does everyone think of the 2DS? Empty
PostSubject: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 14:45

This has not got a topic postcast so I thought I share my own experience with my 2DS white/red version  🐱

I actually wanted this handheld than having the 3DS when it first released in Euro, I am not very keen on the 3D feature at all because it actually does hurt my eyes after awhile and can't for the life of me play games with it. Good for people who are interested in it, enjoy it and doesn't affect them. I beat a lot say things like: you can switch it off on the 3DS so what the point of the 2DS? Well I am actually paying for something on my handheld that I will never use so why should I add more money on to something and never to even touch the 3D button? there no point so that covered with this on my opinion.

The 2DS doesn't have hinges to close the console so it becomes flat, this can put some people off the idea as you can't close it. Well the idea of the handheld was so that children or adults don't break the hinges. It has happened a number of times within people who have broken there console because of sides. I have almost broken my DS lite by dropping it once on the floor but lucky enough it hasn't broken the sides but it does happen to people. I haven't had any problems with the screen broken as I do have a red case to put it in when going out in my handbag and do have screen protector on it. It's good for parents who want to give there kids this generation the handheld of not given them the 3D feature as parents do worry a lot about there kids health and safety.

I like the idea that you can hold it comfortably in the palm of your hands, the buttons at the top instead of the sides and the handheld does remind me of the GameBoy which is amazing! I do love the gameboy a lot and having a handheld that similar to that experience as got to be worth the afford to even try it. I can play SMTIV by moving around a lot better having the buttons at the top of the console too which helps.

I think I did covered the details but if anyone thinks differently or have missed something out about this please go ahead and tell Thumbs Up!
I would really recommend trying out the 2DS in your local GAME store so you can try the experience yourself, you don't know until you try it yourself and then comment here what you think of it or borrow from a friend. (don't judge a book by it's cover) the old saying towards this.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 16:48

It seems like the Game Boy Micro to me - a budget curio which was quickly obsolete. I'd recommend someone to buy a New Nintendo 3DS now if they were looking to get a Ninty handheld.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 18:29

JayMoyles wrote:
It seems like the Game Boy Micro to me - a budget curio which was quickly obsolete. I'd recommend someone to buy a New Nintendo 3DS now if they were looking to get a Ninty handheld.

If they're affected with the 3D vision and parents wanting to give it to there children than no I wouldn't

for adults that are interested in 3D and are use to it like in cinema than yes I would recommend the new 3DS.

Depends on the person
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 18:56

Disagree with that - you can just turn the 3D off, or you can disable it via parental controls in regards to your point about children.

The only possible reason I would recommend a 2DS to anyone is if they were on a budget, but even then I'd probably direct them towards an original 3DS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 19:13

JayMoyles wrote:
Disagree with that - you can just turn the 3D off, or you can disable it via parental controls in regards to your point about children.

The only possible reason I would recommend a 2DS to anyone is if they were on a budget, but even then I'd probably direct them towards an original 3DS.

I don't think a lot of mother's or father's would know about games that they would go for 2DS for the 2D and not knowing about the parental control choice on the 3DS to disable it. But it isn't the only reason not to give it to a child, kids break things all the time so it's very ideal for them to loss the hinges. I prefer it because it's a lot more comfortable to hold and isn't awkward to move around in the games. Also the budget is great for wanting new beginners trying it.

Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 0:09

The 2DS was purpose built for a specific market. I see nothing wrong with that, in fact I think it is a smart move. I am not that demographic it was designed for and personally think it is close to being the ugliest portable console ever.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 2:16

oldschool wrote:
The 2DS was purpose built for a specific market.  I see nothing wrong with that, in fact I think it is a smart move.  I am not that demographic it was designed for and personally think it is close to being the ugliest portable console ever.

Aye it was definitely aimed at young kids, my 4 year old Nephew has one and he absolutely loves it as for the design I quite like it because of the all in one feel it has and the grooves for the L&R buttons are ace!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 5:52

I don't have one myself, as I went down the 'Gentleman' JayMoyles route of a New 3DS.

DIGRESSION ALERT: And I agree with him - you'd recommend a New 3DS to most gamers who are looking for a current gen handheld from now on.

However, my 10-year-old cousin (the one I might have been swapping Pokemon with, if you remember my naming campaign from Twitter) has one, as does his 8-year-old sister. As Jas says about his nephew, they are mad for it. As OS says, it was designed with that age group in mind and it has worked out something lovely for them.

Wow - have I even had an original thought in this reply?! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 10:26

To continue what everyone has been saying, would recommend New 3DS to someone who likes of there self's as a gamer but I know from my skittles team. Some of them with not much money like Ryan who's on benefits can't afford the luxury of a New 3DS or a Old 3DS at the time, so he owns a 2DS Pokemon X bundle.

So I think the 2DS is good if your on a budget or kids whom again do you want to spend what ever the price of a New 3DS which they might damage or go for the 2DS due to its design less likely.

I have tried a 2DS a few times and it's surprisingly comfy but screen to small for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the 2DS?   What does everyone think of the 2DS? Empty

Back to top Go down

What does everyone think of the 2DS?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: