We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Nintendo make new characters?

Go down 
+4
oldschool
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
flora-chan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Will Nintendo make new characters?  Empty
PostSubject: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 14:02

As everyone know's Nintendo like making there own characters when it all begin within there consoles and has become popular over many years when Nintendo first released there handheld and home console. I just was wondering will they ever make new and fresh ones in the future? I don't mind the old characters don't get me wrong I think they're all brilliant as it does remind you of the pass consoles which is great. But are they more forcing on the pass instead of moving forward? is there a reason this would affect nintendo if they did new characters? Would it be over welling within the games if there is to many of them or they like keeping a number limit to work with?

Will Nintendo make new characters?  AXUM4-1
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 19:04

They do and have made new characters the difference being is it will be near impossible for those new characters to reach the heights or be as successful as Mario, Samus, Link etc.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 19:33

The_Jaster wrote:
They do and have made new characters the difference being is it will be near impossible for those new characters to reach the heights or be as successful as Mario, Samus, Link etc.

What new characters have they done so far?
also why not? I mean if they keep making it than it's bound to be popular enough to reach that market?
if they done it before I am sure they can do it again, I wouldn't say it's impossible.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 20:11

Well, you have Captain Olimar and others from the Pikmin series, then we have upcoming stuff like Splatoon.

---

I never said it would be totally impossible just "near impposible" and I also think they don't particularly need any new ones that often since they can use existing ones in a variety of different games.

For example why not take the popular Captain falcon and give him is own action game? Perhaps something similar to Bayonetta/DMC games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptySun 22 Mar 2015 - 22:43

flora-chan wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

What new characters have they done so far?
also why not? I mean if they keep making it than it's bound to be popular enough to reach that market?
if they done it before I am sure they can do it again, I wouldn't say it's impossible.

The difference is those characters Jas mentioned have 30+ years of history to fall back on, and a massive fanbase built up over those thirty years. Characters don't really have that level of lasting power in gaming these days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 5:35

Nintendo has so many characters and not all of them make it to be anything. I did enjoy playing Captain Rainbow on the Wii, as it used pretty much B-grade characters and in doing so, created Captain Rainbow himself. It included the dog and soldier from Chibi Robo, the soldiers from Advance Wars, a dog from Giftpia (another Japanese game), Little Mac from Punch-Out!!, Birdo (who is arrsted for going into the girls toilets) and some girl named Tracy from Zelda: Links Awakening. It was weird.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 5:43

Yes. Nintendo themselves state that when they're making something new and none of their existing franchises fit the bill, they will make a new character. I'm happy with that; they already have an incredible roster, which it is difficult enough to balance releasing titles from for their ravenous fanbase! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 10:36

Nintendo can also bring back characters / ips as well like Pit & the Kid Icarus that they don't really need to make new charcters unless they've got a idea like Splatoon where none of the characters really fit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 19:55

From the start of the DS era, off the top of my head:

Mallo
Shulk and the Xenoblade gang, and their successors from X
Rosalina
Everyone from Mother 3 (released on the GBA, after the release of the 3DS)
Splatoon's Inklings
Monita
Hades, Magnus, et al. from KIU - but especially Hades
THAT GODDAMN POLTERPUP D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Pikmin 3's leads
and arguably the Miis and Dr. Kawashima.

I'm sure there are plenty of others.  Out of that lot, through, there are four new IPs in there with their own main characters (five including the Miis).  And the birds in Flock Step alone have more character than many "characters" in yer average new IP.

Not an area we need to worry about, I feel. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 21:20

@JayMoyles we need more will power and lots of it to help.

@Balladeer I would like to try splatoon and Mallo out they both look awesome, thanks for the list!
Kid Icarus is my favourite nintendo game and the main character Pit, hope to see more?

@masofdas Well more games with characters the better because a lot more choices for people to buy a Wii U and better chance of loving more characters right?? You can't always depend on the old even if they're fantastic but hi who am I to say in this well Nintendo clearly isn't bothered about future characters that much, I hope they at lest do both old and new, Why is the Wii U struggling with sales??? I want more people to have it not struggling so give me the details.

Will Nintendo make new characters?  Super42
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 11:57

Like I said about Pit he wasn't seen for about 20 years that Nintendo has these old characters like him sat around they can bring back or they fit characters into games like Kirby Epic Yarn they had the idea fro the game and added Kirby into it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 12:04

Takamaru from Mysterious Murasame Castle could have a really interesting action game and, as Jas says, Captain Falcon's not doing all that much at the moment... Neutral
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 13:12

ZeroJones wrote:
Takamaru from Mysterious Murasame Castle could have a really interesting action game and, as Jas says, Captain Falcon's not doing all that much at the moment... Neutral

That was consisted in the super smash bros character but since people don't know about it they had to cut the idea
which is completely a shame because how would people know about it if they don't make a new fresh game from it?
Even I didn't knew about this game until you told me so it's right hidden away and needs to be seen & heard.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 13:15

It featured in Nintendo Land, in one of the worst games - but I'd still like to see him get his own game.

Other old Nintendo characters that should get a comeback: the Duck Hunt Dog, the Ice Climbers (stop me if you've heard this before), and the aforementioned Captain Falcon. Sad
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 22:33

Brainwave: new characters for future smartphone games? If Nintendo go for an endless runner, for example, I imagine it won't star Mario. A new genre (?) normally means a new character (or set of characters!), too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:49

Anyone else feel slightly nauseous seeing "Nintendo" and "endless runner" in the same sentence? Sick

In any case, I reckon they'll at least start by piggybacking off their existing IP.  Maybe once Super Mario Runner Crush has made them enough money to buy Venus, they'll introduce some new characters too.

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 10:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 9:51

I think that Rayman Jungle Run has shown that it's not a genre without any merit, so all fine by me (though I don't think that it would be a new IP, probably a NSMB)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 10:55

As soon as I posted, my brain said, "What about a Wario endless runner?" There's been a bit of that continuous movement mechanic in some of the Wario Lands, if I remember rightly...
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:33

I don't think Rayman and Spyro the dragon are the same within games as the originals on Playstation One
maybe because of that childhood the way of playing them I don't see it in the new characters generation
they seem different personality and the way they act etc or is it just me? does everyone else experience this?
I think they've done Sonic etc the same way which is good because I can relate to it from my childhood.
They even tried to make poor spyro look ugly which I cried to tears when I've seen the new designs they've done.

Last edited by flora-chan on Wed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:35

Well Rayman has gotten better, Legends is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 11:58

masofdas wrote:
Well Rayman has gotten better, Legends is fantastic.

Right I better give this game ago to see if this is truly rayman character to say FINALLY!
I will get it on the Wii U because I want it as a home console not handheld vita and it's a lot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 12:02

It's best on Wii U as it was designed for the Wii U it was Number 2 on the Wii U's 1st anniversary vote and is likely will still be that high for the 3rd anniversary.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 13:27

@masofdas Right makes me want to have it even more now, if the reviews are great and it was made for the Wii U it's sold from me.
Why did it take 20 years to make the wonderful Pit (Kid Icarus) to finally come back? I think it's amazing but they really do need
to fix the moment in the game with this, I beat it's a lot better on the new 3DS I can imagine but will wait for the new handheld
to play this better hopefully, it gets some use to on the original 3DS/2DS would make any child scream with this I can imagine rofl

@ZeroJones smartphone games are a good idea to make new characters I guess but will people prefer it on the smartphone?
I personally don't but if it makes it noticeable in less budget cost it's not a bad idea to go with it and tablet games too.

@Balladeer I did see a youtube video about the games you mentioned of the old nintendo characters and these ones wouldn't work
because they don't do much of the action/fight towards it and I guess nintendo would worry it wouldn't sell well enough because of
the reason alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHtSQ5_jYo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Nintendo make new characters?    Will Nintendo make new characters?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Nintendo make new characters?
Page 1 of 1