We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A-Train 3D: City Simulator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

A-Train 3D: City Simulator Empty
PostSubject: A-Train 3D: City Simulator   A-Train 3D: City Simulator EmptyFri 17 Apr 2015 - 22:37

Is anyone else up for a unique city simulation game? I've been since SimCity 4, but A-Train has a unique twist which you can probably guess from its very name: The city's economy and its development depends on your rail network and how you set it up to operate. So, unlike SimCity where it's all about the mayor's "planning", this is more about how business alone can drive a city's development.

It's part of a 20+ year old series run by ArtDink, which also inspired games like SimCity 2000. Which makes me a bit sad that NoE have discarded it to the side despite its heritage, this week's eShop update sees zero promotion for this or Iron Combat (a Japanese shmup which is apparently quite good), instead we have two racks for StreetPass, one for Pokemon and one for Puzzle and Dragons. Also a rack highlighting a sale for this crappy piece of shovelware. Tsk.

I've been enjoying this so far, anyway, and I'm glad it takes the time to explain itself properly -- any explanation is expertly weaved into the game's city scenarios, so it never feels like you're wasting time getting through it all. It's also nice for the game to be unashamedly in-tune with train buffs, while a lot of the customisation isn't necessary to achieve your goals, it certain adds an awful lot of personality to your rail network. You can even change the departure sound your trains make, and there's this 3D camera view that lets you ride the trains and your rail network.

Thought it'd be great to set up a place where we can discuss how we're getting on in the game, here it is!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A-Train 3D: City Simulator   A-Train 3D: City Simulator EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 9:33

I've not bought it, Fronk, but I've got to admit I was curious. When I first saw it on the eShop I tohught it was a dull simulator like the one that's just appeared on the WiiU. Then I saw the anime woman in the business suit on the ad panel and assumed it was some kind of weird train-based dating sim! But it's interesting that it's a long running serious simulation that's been going so long, and I don't think I've ever heard of it before. If nothing else, let us know how you're getting on!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A-Train 3D: City Simulator   A-Train 3D: City Simulator EmptyTue 21 Apr 2015 - 17:43

I was the same. Can't believe such an ancient franchise has completely blown over my head, and one originally developed by Ocean software, no less!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: A-Train 3D: City Simulator   A-Train 3D: City Simulator EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 0:04

I'm happy to see a bit of interest surrounding this. It is an odd game which doesn't sell itself too well.

I'd say it's worth a punt even if you're a city sim newbie (and if you're not, even better!), I'm really surprised at how well this game explains everything. I've played enough to beat the first scenario, and while there was a lot of explaining, it also lets you get on with it, so you're not led by the hand. If you like tinkering around with things in videogames and enjoy seeing tangible results, you'll love this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A-Train 3D: City Simulator   A-Train 3D: City Simulator Empty

Back to top Go down

A-Train 3D: City Simulator
Page 1 of 1