We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
flora-chan
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") Empty
PostSubject: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 11:40

(Concept art only.)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") 2866733-blood1

If you didn't back the Kickstarter, I don't blame you. $28 dollars for the digital edition, and a whopping $65 (including shipping to the UK) for the physical game.

Anyway, it's a Castlevania-style game from Koji Igarashi, who was heavily involved in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and other 'Vanias since. Obviously unhappy with how Konami were, in the words of Jim Sterling, "being Konami" (that trailer is well worth a watch, although isn't he turning the rack the wrong way?), he took up shop on Kickstarter to basically make his own Castlevania. It became the most highly-funded game in Kickstarter's brief history.

It's coming out for Steam, GOG, PS4, X1, and Vita, but - Nintendo forum, so here it is. Anyone backed? Anyone interested? Anyone think it's far too early for me to start making threads about a game that doesn't even have a screenshot available yet? Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 12:45

The Wii U port is being handled by Armature, I understand... it could be worse. I backed, at the $28 level, although the Wii U is still not mentioned as a platform that will have digital copies in any of the Kicking correspondence I've had. Shocked

Also, like the timeline - they acknowledge that we won't be seeing the game before 2017, which is much more realistic than Yooka-Laylee's projected date.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Thu 6 Oct 2016 - 20:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 13:37

I haven't backed it due to it being priced a little highly for me, but I'm certainly interested. Iga's Castlevanias are some of my favourite games out there, so I'd definitely like to see another from him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 17:56

I backed and went for the physical edition after I got a email from Igarashi confirming the Wii U would get a physical version.

Which I did say else where could be one the last Wii U game's. I trust Armature from there pedigree to deliver & great port to both the Wii U & VITA (certainly has to be on of the last VITA games).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 19:17

Aye I'm interested in this quite a bit, anyone else think that concept art makes the game look like Muramasa: The demon blade?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 19:35

Leaping heroine, strategic clothing, blade, weird enemies - now that you mention it!

ZeroJones wrote:
Also, like the timeline - they acknowledge that we won't be seeing the game before 2017, which is much more tealistic than Yooka-Laylee's projected date.

Bear in mind that there are half a dozen pieces of concept art for this, as opposed to fully operational characters and sample worlds for YL.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 22:06

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye I'm interested in this quite a bit, anyone else think that concept art makes the game look like Muramasa: The demon blade?

Yeah I've seen the art work and read up about it online, it does remind me of Vanillaware developers, they mite even been inspired by them to do there own games. If the story any good from the reviews I would buy the copy on download or disc game no matter how much this will cost, I wouldn't miss a chance to get this as it as strong character designs and art work is outstanding. It has been well thought out towards by looking at the details.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 22:28

Balladeer wrote:

ZeroJones wrote:
Also, like the timeline - they acknowledge that we won't be seeing the game before 2017, which is much more tealistic than Yooka-Laylee's projected date.

Bear in mind that there are half a dozen pieces of concept art for this, as opposed to fully operational characters and sample worlds for YL.

Yeah, as Balla says, I don't think that's a fair comparison with Yooka-Laylee. It was likely further along in the development process than Bloodstained when each of their respective Kickstarters went up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 12:04

Also I do wonder how different the Wii U & VITA versions will be to the rest of the versions.

Some really early gameplay here.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 13:48

Since it's a 2d game I don't see there being any major differences between all versions of the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016 - 10:19

I can play this today thanks to getting the demo which was shown at E3 sent to me as I'm a $60+ backer, the demo is on STEAM but I shouldn't have any issues in running it. I do want to figure out how stream it though as it might be cool to do so.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016 - 11:26

Just been watching Jimminy Jim Sterling's play of this, looks really pretty.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 25 Jun 2016 - 15:06

And now you can watch me play it as well and fail
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 8:51

This has now been confirmed out of Q1 2017 to 1st half of 2018, which you would think the Wii U version and likely the VITA version as well will be cancelled.

What do you guys think as I backed for the physical Wii U version as at the time I was collecting Wii U games but now the Wii U in 2018 will be even more dead and the NX will have possibly been on the market for 9 to 15 months.

Most people I would have gathered which wanted the game on a Nintendo format will now want on NX not a system they've traded in for a NX for instance.

Only think the port team would have started the Wii U version, so do they scrap it and start again for the NX which might be easier to just get the version on PS4 etc to run it but might not be, that the NX version for instance could be delayed beyond the rest of the versions.

I'm now thinking of changing mine to PS4
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 2:36

Think of it this way, if they stick with a Wii U version it'll be one of the rarest games out there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 6:22

I hope it's still going to be brought to a Nintendo machine - I'll struggle to play it otherwise. Winky Face Also, long delay. Maybe they just want to have one big delay and not let it be a Mighty No. 9 style delay after delay situation.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 10:15

Yeah could be but I think it's a waste of time of the studio for so little return as peeps going to want a Wii U version is the backers and you've seen with Hyper Light Drifter and Mighty Number 9 that due to time and lack of possible return formats have been canned.

In 2018 Zero at the rate of the price OG PS4's are falling you get one for the price of the game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 12:19

I'm determined to play it on whatever Nintendo machine they deem it viable to be released on. If it's not released for a Ninty device, my righteous vengeance will be difficult to stop. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySat 17 Sep 2016 - 9:32

I hope for you and any backer that want Nintendo get it, but just saying there will be a cheap viable option to play the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySun 18 Sep 2016 - 16:48

I think buying a console for the sake of one game, especially when people may have backed this game on the promise of receiving it on a Ninty console, is a huge and unfair ask.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptySun 18 Sep 2016 - 16:54

I think they will go but you can have it on these 3 systems and that be it like with Mighty Number 9 and Hyper Light Drifter. I wouldn't buy a console just for this game but it on top of library already etc unless your PC can run it.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyWed 21 Sep 2016 - 2:40

You know how you hear about these people suing game developers because it wasn't as good as they'd hoped, well that's just utter nonsense however if they weren't to bring this to Wii U as promised then a legal case would be very valid as with any of these other instances where a Kickstarter has failed to deliver because it wasn't in their best interests. Backers to these kickstarters are investors and they are so because they've bought in to what's been offered so at the very least they should have some form of Nintendo offering.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyWed 21 Sep 2016 - 8:11

Treesmurf wrote:
You know how you hear about these people suing game developers because it wasn't as good as they'd hoped, well that's just utter nonsense however if they weren't to bring this to Wii U as promised then a legal case would be very valid as with any of these other instances where a Kickstarter has failed to deliver because it wasn't in their best interests. Backers to these kickstarters are investors and they are so because they've bought in to what's been offered so at the very least they should have some form of Nintendo offering.

Sorry TSmurf but you are wrong, you are not a investor and people have tried suing or what not in the past with not much luck as it is in the T&C's of KickStarter even saying you may not get nothing from backing.

I know with the $160 I backed Shenmue III I may never see the game, but that is the risk I took along with many others. It is why some of the other sites like the one that Psychonauts 2 was on if you backed over $500 you did become a investor and some others have done this and offered proper investment in the product different, no different to Sony investing in No Man's Sky for instance.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 8:58

IGN did a interview with Igarashi which NLife has picked up as he was asked about the Wii U version which he gave this answer

Spoiler:

It seems they will listen to the backers, but if they still want them to a Wii U version and then how many do, I wouldn't be surprised this is asked after the NX is finally announced and they can ask if you want that instead from he talks about new hardware etc.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 20:57

So it's a 'wait and see' situation, I suppose. Not unexpected. If it's to go to the NX instead, at least the machine will have been out for some time (hopefully?!), so that the programmers will have a good chance of getting a decent version of the game out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")   Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania") Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (an "Igavania")
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next