We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miiverse improvements

Go down 
+4
beemoh
Balladeer
Admin
The_Jaster
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Miiverse improvements  Empty
PostSubject: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 17:42

Hey,

Now that we know that the wii U is getting two updates one in spring then summer, so, what improvements would you like to see?

One of my improvements would be to group games by genre as once more & more games are released that is going to be one mighty list to scroll through oh & a section to discuss wii games as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 18:57

As discussed on The Twitter™, I'd like to see an overarching community on Miiverse. A bit like GameFAQs' general boards, where people can post about the actual Wii U hardware, 3DS, or upcoming releases and so on. Maybe this could be tackled by allowing people to create topics like an actual forum.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:19

Nah, we have an actual forum for that!

I'd like to see two things: that call thing being enabled while gaming, and everything being much faster. I get so sick of the NSMBU and NL loading screens!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:21

Balladeer wrote:
I'd like to see two things: that call thing being enabled while gaming, and everything being much faster. I get so sick of the NSMBU and NL loading screens!

Loading times are set to be decreased in one of the upcoming patches, I recall reading somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:22

I know. This is a good thing!

Mind you, wasn't the last patch supposed to do that? Meh
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 21:01

Am I the only one who doesn't find the loading times that bad?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 21:05

They haven't bothered me very much, but then, I'm one of the people on this forum who's played their Wii U the least.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 22:19

They're not ruinous, but I'd like them to improve!
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 22:27

When Mr. Iwata mentioned that there was going to be browser access to Miiverse, with special versions designed for mobiles, I was surprised there was no mention of 3DS browser support.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 10:05

There's going to have to be better organisation for the individual boards than just a big list! Also, Stu's idea of more general boards is seconded.
Back to top Go down
TGN Professor
Ejected into the Lava
TGN Professor

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 19:14

I'd like something similar to Twitter's retweet function so you can share pictures you like with your friends and followers. The Yeah button lets you show the original poster you liked it, but there's currently no easy way to show someone else the image. Also, let us use different colours in drawings.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 10:38

The ability to upload (probably short) videos of game playing would be great, although I'm sure that's next to impossible.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:31

ZeroJones wrote:
The ability to upload (probably short) videos of game playing would be great, although I'm sure that's next to impossible.

Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was idly glancing through the Balloon Fight board. Having really short videos wouldn't help stuck gamers very much though, so I'm not sure what purpose they'd serve.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 16:58

ZeroJones wrote:

I think it would be seeing as Nintendo have uploaded Mario U clips onto miiverse, I think it would for high score challenges like the ones in Mario U for example.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 23:19

Videos would be the next step and I don't see why it wouldn't be possible given that it's already happened.

Also on the subject of loading times, they're probably better on Wii U than PS3 or Xbox.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 0:21

The_Jaster wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

I think it would be seeing as Nintendo have uploaded Mario U clips onto miiverse.

That's YouTube integration, though- not the Wii U processing video clips itself.

The thing with video is that it's so processor-intensive to make, it's unlikely that the Wii U could do it in a satisfactory manner for such a service, unless the functionality was specifically built into the game.

It has been done (One Skate or the other did it on PS360) but I wouldn't expect it as a standard function.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyMon 28 Jan 2013 - 0:24

ahh fair point there.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013 - 23:13

Double Post Razz

Nice of them to already improve somethings about miiverse, here's the run down of what I noticed:

• Easier access to your favourites with a new tab (no longer in your profile)

• Return to the top of a page button

• New communities are now down to a list of 10 per page

• General improvements to the overall layout

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 7:22

Well, it's a start! Winky Face I'm being ridiculous, of course (good old wink icon!). We can't really complain about the brilliant Miiverse - it runs in 60Hz, after all...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 9:18

It really is so nice to see that they're are continuing to improve things, this shows Nintendo really do care about your online experience now whereas before it was pretty much an afterthought.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 20:33

Ooh, here's a ready-made thread appropriate for mentioning that latest update. Apparently a lot of fans are upset about not being able to post more than once every three minutes on something.

Can I ask - has anyone here ever needed to post more frequently than once every three minutes on one "thread"? Sounds like a jolly good spam-prevention measure to me.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 21:40

Balladeer wrote:
Ooh, here's a ready-made thread appropriate for mentioning that latest update.  Apparently a lot of fans are upset about not being able to post more than once every three minutes on something.

Can I ask - has anyone here ever needed to post more frequently than once every three minutes on one "thread"?  Sounds like a jolly good spam-prevention measure to me.

Depends on implementation- I've fallen foul of a similar thing here where I've noticed a mistake in a post and gone back in to edit it, but because I've edited too quickly it's considered it two posts.

The solution after that it simply to wait (I think our trigger twice in ten seconds) but it's still a bit of a pain.

It's also worth pointing out that on here we get much more space per post- in the unlikely event a decent conversation has clocked up in Miiverse with multiple people, then this could really put the kibosh on it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 1:35

Aye I don't see it as a big deal, even though I have experienced having to wait a few mins to post something before its hardly something to complain about just go do something (make a cuppa etc.) & then come back.

I've never had too many massive conversations on there anyway but when I have I've usually been replying messages hours/days ago.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 11:14

beemoh wrote:
...in the unlikely event a decent conversation has clocked up in Miiverse with multiple people, then this could really put the kibosh on it.

This is my issue, though. I've never seen a decent conversation on Miiverse! It's more like a forum, so conversations happen (as Jaster says) in fits and starts, over several hours/days.

I'll agree that the editing thing would be annoying - presumably there's no limit on editing your post.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 10:32

Since when could we "yeah" comments on posts? Shocked Just noticed that that's a thing. A welcome thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  Empty

Back to top Go down

Miiverse improvements
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next