We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Counting Classics on Consoles

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 11:00

Mario Power Tennis is a Yes
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast Abstain I played again on Xbox which ok the single player is the same but multi player on the xbox with system link made a difference on how I feel about about the game
Crazy Taxi, Yes I guess but unlike Sonic Adventure 2 Battle it added nothing over the DC version which I reckon most played or Arcade
Lord of the Rings, The Third Age, No

Sonic Colours & Generations are decent Andy and No to REmake you mad even though you don't like it you must see it as a classic,
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 11:03

No I see it as an awful game with awful controls that purposefully restricts you to create a false sense of tension. I also find it to be a game with puzzles that have logic as sound as Sam & Max but without the inventory space to actually solve them. Poor.

Also Sonic Colours is poor and Generations is passable.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 11:14

Your still mad it's a fantastic game and the HD version showed that with it's sales (best-selling download ever on PlayStation) and critical acclaim still and if look up any Top what ever Cube game it's always up there with it's amazing realistic graphics that still hold up & showed what the system can do. That it should be even in on those grounds.

That the REmake is a classic without even talking about PS1 original which put the series on the map & the PS1 along with the survival horror genre.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 11:41

Mas, you voted no to PoP: SoT a game that actually does hold up really well, I don't think you're one to talk Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 11:49

Because it was rubbish then and is now,

REmake should be in as it stands it will be and it does hold up if it didn't it wouldn't of got reviews it did sold as well as it did that Capcom decide to bring RE:Zero over in HD and now with fans telling them they want it a Resident Evil 2 Remake.

And it's a classic GameCube game my cousin who doesn't like Nintendo games bought a Cube for it, if some how REmake doesn't get in then it's a travesty.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 11:52

89% Metascore, 86% user score... not exactly "rubbish".

Although that said, another game got 87% and 83% - guess which one, Andy!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 11:58

He says it doesn't hold up look at the HD version scores Balla and if it wasn't a classic why did it sale so well when the HD version came out.

Because if it was poor and didn't hold up surely no one would of wanted it or remakes of others.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 12:00

I'm talking about PoPSoT, Mas. Got no opinion on REmake.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 12:05

I thought the other game you were on about was REmake.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 12:06

Ah I see. No, but it's another one for Andy to guess... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 12:32

Ha, I think it might be S&P.

The point is Mas I'm not voting on behalf of the general public, I'm voting for games I consider a classic. There is literally no point in a thread where everyone agrees that the world thinks it's a classic. I know a lot of people think of it as one, I think it's a clunky mess. Nostalgia can do amazing things and that is what happened with REmake.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 13:14

andyman949 wrote:
Mas, you voted no to PoP: SoT a game that actually does hold up really well, I don't think you're one to talk Laughing

Yeah, that sickened me too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 13:46

andyman949 wrote:
Ha, I think it might be S&P.

The point is Mas I'm not voting on behalf of the general public, I'm voting for games I consider a classic. There is literally no point in a thread where everyone agrees that the world thinks it's a classic. I know a lot of people think of it as one, I think it's a clunky mess. Nostalgia can do amazing things and that is what happened with REmake.

Not sure it's even Nostalgia as Jimbob has brought up about a bunch of kid's where he works or something loving the REmake HD yet most you think would of been to young to play first time around. I think a good game remains a good game be it of its age.

I do agree with what your saying about what you consider a classic but then I bring back to Balla point in the first post about Goldeneye that he knows it's a Classic even though he doesn't like shooters.

And to me in the view REmake should be under that you don't like it but know it's a classic.

But we'll have different views on what should and shouldn't be a classic and how we judge it, my view is if I was buying a Cube for let's say Zero what games would I go out and get. Like how I thought All-Stars should be in for the SNES.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 15:11

But if I was buying someone a console I wouldn't buy them REmake in a million years...
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 16:24

WarioWare Inc Mega Party Games - No.
Killer7 - No. If anything it's a cult classic, but personally, I hated this game.
Pacman Vs - No.
Harvest Moon: Wonderful Life - No.
Mario Power Tennis - No. Top game but it's not a classic game.
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 - Abstain.
Crazy Taxi - No. It's a classic game, but not on Gamecube. If anything it belongs on the Dreamcast list.
Lord of the Rings, The Third Age - Abstain.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 16:46

Jas just pointed out I voted No for Luigi's Mansion, that was bad copying and pasting on my part. It was meant to be a yes, sorry balla Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 17:33

More votes inside:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 20:27

MP3 was the first dodgy one, then MP5 improved to MP2 standards (according to NGC), and they went downhill after that until MP9, I believe.  (MP10 was bad again.) I don't think any of them deserve classic status meself.

andyman949 wrote:
Jas just pointed out I voted No for Luigi's Mansion, that was bad copying and pasting on my part. It was meant to be a yes, sorry balla Embarrassed

Thanks, noted, changed!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 20:54

Metroid Prime YES, obviously.
PMTTYD ABSTAIN, Sadly
Super Mario Sunshine YES, I love this game. I like the interconnected worlds, I like the music, I like the platforming, I even like the FLUDD. Bite me.
Pokémon XD ABSTAIN
Pokémon Colosseum YES, I really like this. Obviously it isn't the big, home console version of the handheld games people apparently want, but it is a bloody fun little game that does something a bit different with the series.
FEPaR ABSTAIN
Chibi Robo YES indeedy, lovely little game. Always on the look-out for a copy so I can go back and finish it properly.
LoZWW YES, natch.
LoZTP YES
RE4 OH GOD YES, absolute masterpiece that shows why Mikami is a king.
F-Zero GX YES
SSBM YES
Luigi's Mansion YES
Pikmin YEAH, BABY, YEAH; the best Pikmin and one of my favourite games of all time.
Animal Crossing YES. To me, AC feels more at home on a handheld but I was fascinated with the Gamecube game from the first time I saw it in ONM, ordering it from the states, being heartbroken when it didn't work, thrilled when the freeloader came out and spending hours on it.
MGSTS NO, this is a weird forgotten relic and nowhere near as good as the Playstation original. Deal with it.
Resident Evil YEAH, go on
BG&E ABSTAIN, though I'd love to rectify that
Eternal Darkness YES
SCII YES
Tales of Symphonia ABSTAIN
MKDD!! YES
LoZFSA YES
Viewtiful Joe YES
MP2E YES! This is one of the first games I remember reading in mags, getting excited for, following the release of, asking for for christmas, waiting with baited breath and loving to bits. It wasn't quite the first one, but the atmosphere and tension was remarkable.
MGTT ABSTAIN
Spider-man 2 YES! AND SPIDER-MAN HAS A HYPHEN IN IT! So it can't be so easily mistaken for Superman at a glance.
Fight Night Round 2 ABSTAIN
Def Jam Vendetta ABSTAIN
Def Jam Fight for NY ABSTAIN
Timesplitters 2 YES! Many a fun lunchtime on this bad boy.
Donkey Konga YES! Great fun stuff.
Star Wars: Rogue Leader YES! Still bust out this, or more likely the co-op version included in Rebel Strike, to blow up the Death Stars or defend Hoth with my brother.
PoPSoT YES
1080 Avalanche ABSTAIN
Wave Race Blue Storm YES
Star Fox Assault YES
Star Fox Adventures YES
Mario Party 4 NO
Mario Party 5 NO
Wario World ABSTAIN but I really want to play it
Sonic Adventure 2 ABSTAIN
PN03 ABSTAIN, but I've got a copy on my shelf I've been meaning to play for a feature on Gintendo. It seems like this game had a big influence on two of my favourite games, Vanquish and Bayonetta.
Pikmin 2 YES! The worst of the Pikmins is still better than most games.
Monkey Ball YES, obviously.
Monkey Ball 2 ABSTAIN
DKJB YES
WWIMPG YES, some of the best multiplayer nonsense around.
Killer7 ABSTAIN
Pacman Vs. ABSTAIN, but always liked the look of it. This has to be coming to Wii U, surely?
HM Wonderful Life ABSTAIN
Mario Power Tennis NO FUCK THIS GAME (this game is the reason I came fourth instead of third when I went to NOM for the Chain Chomp Challenges. I'd never played it before!)
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast ABSTAIN
Crazy Taxi YES
LotRt3A ABSTAIN

Man, what a console! I'll think of some to add.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Sun 6 Sep 2015 - 21:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 20:59

Drunkalilly handed out some Ns! Afraid
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 21:01

I couldn't be dropping the 'Lilly 10/10 on 3D Sonics and Mario Parties...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 21:06

Balladeer wrote:
MP3 was the first dodgy one, then MP5 improved to MP2 standards (according to NGC), and they went downhill after that until MP9, I believe.  (MP10 was bad again.)  I don't think any of them deserve classic status meself.

For a minute there I was like "I didn't know there was a Metroid Prime IV, let alone Metroid Prime V!" Then I was like "Ohhhhhh". Duh!

Abstains to all the GC games put forth since I last said that. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 21:21

Buska wrote:
MGSTS NO, this is a weird forgotten relic and nowhere near as good as the Playstation original. Deal with it.

To use an old Balladeer favourite

Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 Lex-luthor-wrong1

Buska wrote:
MP2E YES! This is one of the first games I remember reading in mags, getting excited for, following the release of, asking for for christmas, waiting with baited breath and loving to bits. It wasn't quite the first one, but the atmosphere and tension was remarkable.

Though after you saying this I'll let you away with it.

---

@Zero - I thought that as well because we all know that corruption is the weaker one of the Prime family.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 21:26

Andy is still bonkers but we did know that from the N64 hate.

Drunka play P.N.03 as it's basically a early Vanquish.

Jas I did Yes Twin Snakes and from the Podcast, you'll know I like it but I agree with Drunka the PS1 version is THE game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 21:31

I personally just got on much better with the cube version, I might actually try to hunt down a copy sometime, though I imagine it might be an expensive one.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sun 6 Sep 2015 - 21:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Counting Classics on Consoles
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next