We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!

Go down 
+10
Muss
Athrun888
Dead Lemon
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! Empty
PostSubject: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 18:17

Here is Octobers games

2nd
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer 3DS
Journey Collectors Edition PS4
NBA Live 16 PS4, ONE
Samurai Warriors 4 II PS4
Thomas and Friends - Steaming around Sodor 3DS
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 PS4, ONE
Zombie Vikings: Ragnarök Edition PS4

6th
Rock Band 4 PS4, ONE

9th
Adams Venture Chronicles PS3
GRAND AGES: MEDIEVAL PS4, PC
Tower of Guns PS4, ONE, PS3, PC
Transformers Devastation PS4, ONE, PS3, 360, PC
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection PS4

12th
The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone PS4, PC

16th
Baila Latino WiiU
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance PS4
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden 3DS
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and The Blight Below PS4
Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library and the Monster Seal VITA
Fit Music WiiU
Hello Kitty: Kruisers WiiU
Luv Me Buddies Wonderland WiiU, 3DS
Superbeat: Xonic VITA
Tales of Zestiria PS4, PS3
Wasteland 2: Directors Cut PS4, ONE
WRC 5 PS4, ONE, PS3, 360, VITA, PC

23rd
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers PS4
Assassin's Creed Syndicate PS4, ONE, PC
Ether One PS4, PC
Guitar Hero Live PS4, ONE, WiiU, PS3, 360
Hello Kitty and The Apron of Magic Rhythm Cooking 3DS
Just Dance 2016 PS4, ONE, WiiU, PS3, 360, Wii
Kromaia Omega PS4
Now That's What I Call Sing PS4, ONE
Space Hulk PS3, VITA
The Jackbox Games Party Pack Volume 1 PS4, ONE, PS3, 360
The Legend of Zelda Tri Force Heroes 3DS

27th
Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition PS4, ONE
Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition PS4, ONE
Halo 5: Guardians ONE
Monster High: New Ghoul in School 3DS
MX vs. ATV: Supercross Encore Edition PS4, PC

30th
Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations PS4, ONE, WiiU, PS3, 360, 3DS
Hello Kitty and Friends: Rocking World 3DS
Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Game Series PS4, ONE, PS3, 360
Professional Farmer 2016 PS4, ONE, PC
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water WiiU
Shovel Knight PS4, ONE, WiiU, 3DS
SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker 3DS
WWE 2K16 PS4, ONE, PS3, 360

Looking at how I get paid between now and the 15th of October only Disgaea 5, Transformers Devastation. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection interest me but not sure I really want to play the Uncharteds again & I think Transformers could end up like Korra and I've never played a Disgaea but did like the demo.

Over the rest of the month Dragon Quest & Tales of Zestiria are musts, I have heard good things about Wasteland from PC gamers but Divinity is out later in the month and I think will be better of the two but neither for me unless I see dirt cheap at some-point in the future. Tri Forces will likely be picked up then it's the main reason I own a XBONE again Halo 5 with the month ending up with Project Zero.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 7 Oct 2015 - 11:43; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 18:42

Ah wow, more than 0 game this month! ACHHD, TLOZTH and UTNDC. With all those games, who has time to write out full titles?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 18:50

Conversely to this cruel title the only guaranteed buy for this month is Assassin's Creed. I'm pretty tempted by Zelda too, just not jumping at it.

I'm interested in Rock Band/Guitar Hero (more the latter) but they're not urgent, same goes for Uncharted (I only played the first again last week), Dragon Quest, Darksiders 2, Halo 5 and Minecraft (is it all coming out at once or something, I thought these were always just physical?).

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 18:53

It's getting a physical release which only has EP1 & bonus content on the disc and you get a code to redeem for the rest of the series.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 19:19

Triforce Heroes is the only certainty. Duh! at Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition - that must have been a quick meeting, when the work experience boy sat down with a slightly ragged Post-It note and a massive grin on his face. No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 19:27

I would probably have been that work experience boy. Embarrassed

LoZTH it is, then. Animal Crossing: Happily Paying Through the Nose can

Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! Giphy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 20:11

Erm...isn't the retail version of Shovel Knight out on the 16th? Apart from that there's no real day one buys for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 20:15

That's the date I've got but there is rumors of a delay till early November for SK.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 20:18

No day one buys for me. For all I love to rib on Assassin's Creed, I quite like them (bar 3), so I'll eventually get Syndicate, but I've still got IV and Unity to get through first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 20:20

masofdas wrote:
That's the date I've got but there is rumors of a delay till early November for SK.

I wouldn't be overly fussed if it was delayed as I only want a retail copy for collectors sake, I've definitely seen the 16th thrown about though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 20:24

That was the announced date from googling it, so SK is a ? maybe just preorder & when you get it, is when you get it.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 21:48

Halo 5 is day one for me.

As bad as it looks i'm tempted by THPS5. I'll hold out though, prime Games with Gold fodder in the future I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 8:58

List is missing The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel which is scheduled for the 16th.  Just a heads up.

Anyway, just Tales of Zestiria on the ps3 and Trails of Cold Steel which I've yet to decide whether ps3 or vita.  I would call it a terrible month, but given how long those games are it doesn't really matter.  Like how December could just have Xenoblade X and it'd be fine because it's not like one will play anything else that month anyway, I doubt I'll finish either game in the month.

I guess I should mention Disgaea 5, but given I've no plans on buying a ps4 any time soon because it has naff all to play it doesn't really count. Disgaea is fun, but it's no system seller.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 12:17

Yeah PS4 is still a bit naff for Japanese stuff but TGS has shown plenty coming for it. Maybe by late 2016 it's library of Japanese stuff will be more larger.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 12:21

Forgot to mention I'm looking at Transformers but am definitely expecting a Korra, if it's not I'll just be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 14:26

masofdas wrote:
Yeah PS4 is still a bit naff for Japanese stuff but TGS has shown plenty coming for it. Maybe by late 2016 it's library of Japanese stuff will be more larger.

Oh I don't think it's lacking for Japanese games.  I think it's lacking in every facet.  The system has much the same problem it did a few months ago, there's no presence of system sellers on it (it was very telling with how a port of a year and a half old game was being touted as a system seller).  Sure, there's Bloodborne and Metal Gear Solid V, but those are two games (and the latter's available on the ps3 if one can put up with 30fps averages).  

Outside the extremely hardcore not many people would be willing to basically spend $250 on a single video game.  No, not even I for Xenoblade X (I'm buying the system for 5 games specifically with XcX simply being the tipping point, and it's cheaper than a ps4 to begin with).

The Wii U lacks the sort of games I gravitate towards just like the ps4 does, yet I've no issue buying one at this time.  Because unlike the Ps4 there is a substantial amount of unique and fantastic games on it.  It has system sellers to put it bluntly, and while that may be all the Wii U has it puts it higher than the current ps4 in terms of desirability at the present time.

That's not to say the ps4 won't overtake the wii u, it will and it's an indisputable fact the ps4 will.  The problem is that it's likely to do that near the end of next year, around the time Sony will likely release the usual mid-gen slim model at a cheaper price.  Until then there is very little, very little indeed, to incentivise someone, especially someone who owns a Ps3, to buy one.  The fact I care little for "AAA" games and enjoy my guilty pleasure jrpgs only enhances that, although most of the big upcoming "AAA" games aren't landing until mid to late next year anyway.

It may be a future investment, but as of right now it's simply too back ended of an investment for absolutely no gains and not worth it unless you're either a super hardcore mgs fan or have a ton of expendable money right now.  

I could go on, because I've been doing a lot of weighing up the Wii u and the Ps4 the last few weeks given how close I am to buying a new console right now, but I'll boil everything down to a simple reason why I have no time for the ps4 and favor the wii u right now.  

If I were to buy the PS4 right now I'd get about fifty hours of gameplay out of it in the next four to five months.  If I were to buy a Wii U right now I'd get about a hundred and fifty hours.  On top of the Wii U being cheaper while the PS4 getting substantially cheap in a years time (one way or the other).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 15:56

Imagine if the PS4 had a system seller.

Like you said if you like the western triple A games then PS4 is fantastic with Batman, COD, Witcher 3, I've must of played over 100 games on my PS4. But if thats not your thing it's not great at all. But this time next year we should have Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Uncharted 4, Horizon, The Last Guardian just to name a few that it looks fantastic compared to the other two line ups.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 17:08

Cheap month.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 17:18

masofdas wrote:
Imagine if the PS4 had a system seller.

Like you said if you  like the western triple A games then PS4 is fantastic with Batman, COD, Witcher 3, I've must of played over 100 games on my PS4. But if thats not your thing it's not great at all. But this time next year we should have Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Uncharted 4, Horizon, The Last Guardian just to name a few that it looks fantastic compared to the other two line ups.

The problem with multiplats is that they don't so much count towards a system for having them so much as they're a strike against a system if it lacks them (looking at you here Nintendo).  The current range of "AAA" titles is a incentive to get a next-gen system, but not necessarily the Ps4.  

Exclusive system selling games are the big thing that sets each system apart from the other, and is what a system is ultimately judged on when choosing which to buy.

Besides a lot of those "AAA" titles, not all but a good amount of them, have had a ton of games on the Ps360, some of them even having downports on the ps360 right now (not particularly good ones, true, but it takes a bit of the incentive to upgrade out of the equation).  So in a sense they end up competing with the previous gen due to the lack of change.  

At the end of the day it probably comes more down to whether you buy a new console as a current investment or a future investment.  Looking at what the future holds the ps4 is clearly the better console, but at the present the Wii U is the far better choice of money.

Also, it should probably be mentioned that I'm not after a console next year (if I even have the money for a console and a bunch of games next year my life has either gone very VERY wrong or I've won the lotto).  I'm after a console now.  I'm judging each based on what they offer me right now when I bring the thing home and plug it in, the Wii U is the very easy winner.

For current owners I get that they look at the Wii U through a lens of a massive drought that is briefly ended by Xenoblade X before resuming almost to the end of the systems life.  I'm not looking at it through that lens.  As a potential new adopter I'm looking at the system with the view that it has just shy of ten high quality unique exclusives to play the moment I bring it home, followed by one of the biggest games of the year in a couple of months.  That's what I see when I look at the Wii U.

When I look at the ps4 all I see is a system with three decent looking big budget multi-plats, of which only one actually interests me (Witcher 3, I have no interest in MGS5 given I've yet to play the previous 5 main series games and therefore have no connection to the series or its cast) and one big exclusive in Bloodborne.  Some might mention Fallout 4, I will mention that Skyrim was a glitchy unplayable piece of absolute sheet for over four months after launch and that Bethesda showed such contempt and arrogance over the issue I've no interest in caring what they make.  They could make a game as amazing as Persona 3, and I still wouldn't care.  That's how angry with them I am over that fiasco.  I can tolerate problems in a game if some humility is shown, but when I'm effectively spat on for daring to buy their game on a system they dislike, well, lets just say that goes down very poorly with me.

Ahem, got a wee bit sidetracked there Laughing  Point I'm making, in a nutshell, is that the Wii U offers the best bang for my buck.  To purchase either system right now I'd need to look at games outside what I normally play, and taking that in to account the Wii U ends up coming out on top in terms of quality and variety.  It is therefore the system that, should I splash some cash on a system soon, will be the recipient of that cash splurge.

The PS4 could be getting fifty must-have exclusives next october, that is ultimately irrelevant to me because of where my life is headed.  Even if it wasn't, Sony will either be releasing a new slim budget model near that time next year or cutting the price again on the current model (or both), so buying a Ps4 now means what it currently offers has to be directly compared to what the Wii U currently offers.  During such a comparison it comes up lame.

I think I'm going to stop posting textwalls nobody cares about now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 17:27

Athrun wrote:
For current owners I get that they look at the Wii U through a lens of a massive drought that is briefly ended by Xenoblade X before resuming almost to the end of the systems life. I'm not looking at it through that lens.

I'm not looking through that lens either then, as I mentioned in the "yesterday I bought" thread the wii U still edges the ps4 in number of top quality games for me & I still have a few I can sink a lot more hours into. (Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 & Mario Maker to name four)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 18:14

Blimey, Athrun, that's a lot of words! Shocked

I do agree with your main premise, though - that the Wii U still has the best line-up, definitely of exclusives, arguably of games, of the current generation. Even that this grandstanding will apply some time into next year, as we get SF0 and ZELDAAAAAAA. The PS4 will eventually overtake the Wii U, there's no doubt, but it's got a way to go.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015 - 22:47

I think big 3rd AAA games even multi format can help sale a console , the PS4 last year had no major exclusive but still sold boat loads especially around the time of Destiny. This year sold loads when Batman came out and for days & even Jay here, I saw people sharing there pictures of there PS4 with MGSV and will be the same when COD & Battlefront come out.

Sony like MS last gen has shown you don't need a major exclusive if you have the best place to play & market it right then on top of that, show at likes of TGS loads of exclusives coming that they can go it's the best place to play all these 3rd party games out now & you'll get this big Sony exclusive as well at some point along.

Nintendo will always have the best exclusives no doubt about that but that's all it will be & they can only put so many out that like Balla says PS4 can easily surpass the Wii U's whole life cycle next year alone, if Sony brings out all the games we know are coming next year and don't get delayed looking at you Last Guardian.

But to me if your buying a Wii U what it has now with a few more games coming like XCX, SF:0, SMTxFE is what your getting out of it in till it's replaced what could be soon but if you buy & play almost every game on the system then still going last for ages but if you were to get a PS4 or XBONE or gaming PC then you've got all that is on it at the moment and likely another 5 years worth of games coming.

That I agree for what looking for NOW the Wii U is the better buy but something like a PS4 is better in the long term but like you say holiday 2016 there could be a slim and it might have had a price drop & have more titles on it that it is all about timing.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 22 Sep 2015 - 9:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 5:56

Well anyway it's going to be an expensive month for me with:
Uncharted Collection
Dragon Quest Heroes
MineCraft Story

All being defiant

with
Zelda
guitar hero
being maybe

and if I get bored enough I may design a home or two
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 9:33

Update

We now have video also The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel is listed as 4th of December.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 9:54

Uncharted Collection and Zelda in the same month

Brings back memories of 2011, when we had Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim all one week after another aka the greatest month gaming will ever see
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!   Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases! Empty

Back to top Go down

Trick or Treat! The new Assassin's Creed? Bleh, keep it. Give me the rest of October's releases!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next