We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
TGN Professor
shanks
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Admin
NintenDUCK
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Feb 2013 - 21:52

This is my last Wii U hope this side of Easter. Let's just hope it manages to stay on the release schedule before it's shelved to wait for the increasingly-more-likely PS3/360 editions.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2013 - 14:14

We're just a few weeks away from launch, and a few days from the review embargo lifting, though a few scores have alreadt crept out. Though Game Informer (?) gave it 8.5, EDGE gave it a disappointing 5/10. EDGE is shite, but they have illustrated that it's sort of daft to get hyped about a LEGO game. Personally, I'm just wanting something different to play on my new Wii U.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2013 - 16:05

I'm looking at the EDGE review, er, score with caution, because it could suggest that this Lego game is filled with the sort of peacemeal, uninteractive gameplay that plagued some of the other games in the series.

Even if it does turn out to be a hilarious game to play through with great references, I don't want to be bored out of my mind when it comes to actually playing through the missions. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

(yes, I'm skeptical about this one!)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2013 - 17:46

Bah. The footage I've seen of this doesn't lead me to believe that the gameplay has changed all that much. It seems to be built from parts of the previous LEGO series - the bit where Chase is swinging on a bar reminds me strongly of Robin in one of the LEGO Batmen, f'r example. That's not what I'm looking for, given that it is supposed to be a reinvention. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013 - 6:58

If it helps, ONM gave it 90%.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013 - 7:40

Not sure it does really.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013 - 9:35

I feel ONM have really tightened up their review scores in recent times. With the exception of that Sonic Transformed review (it wasn't really the score that bothered me, but rather the content...IGN's Castlevania 3DS review reminded me of it), I can't disagree with many of the scores ONM has dished out since the Wii U launched.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2013 - 20:37

Edge definitely seems to be the odd-one-out.
Everywhere else gives it 7-8-9. Metacritic of 74 at the moment.

Update- Metacritic now at 79.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Fri 15 Mar 2013 - 8:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2013 - 20:37

Phillips wrote:
I feel ONM have really tightened up their review scores in recent times. With the exception of that Sonic Transformed review (it wasn't really the score that bothered me, but rather the content...IGN's Castlevania 3DS review reminded me of it), I can't disagree with many of the scores ONM has dished out since the Wii U launched.
This. They've dropped the % of an average game. I'm'a'definitely getting this. EDGE can go sit in a shed somewhere.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 12:54

I'm reasonably excited about this. Most sources calling the general gameplay Lego GTA, which sounds amazing. And I never really liked GTA's missions if those are more likely the Lego games, that's just great.

Stu_the_great wrote:
This is my last Wii U hope this side of Easter. Let's just hope it manages to stay on the release schedule before it's shelved to wait for the increasingly-more-likely PS3/360 editions.
I'm fairly sure it's being published by Nintendo themselves at the moment, so we should be alright.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 13:20

I just want to go walking around the city on the back of the T-rex. Wonder if I can go all Jurassic Park like
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013 - 13:31

I may be forced to wait for a price drop on this. It will happen.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 1:52

Just me who got this this week then? You fools! It's so much fun! At least, the couple of missions I played were. Scaling a building, then running, jumping, springboarding and swinging across a couple of other buildings to nab some baddies in one of the early missions was a joy. Aside from that, I want to mention the brilliantly funny dialogue. In particular, Frank Honey, a cop who helps guide you through the early stages of the game, who has some brilliant lines. The loading times are the only thing I've disliked so far, it took nearly a minute to get from cutscene back in to the game for me earlier, that's a minor gripe though.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 8:28

I just put the disc in thank you very much Razz
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 9:46

Most of the people on my Friend List appear to have this. Happy for them, though it is a little annoying that I ordered my copy back in January and there's no sign of the game being available on Zavvi's website, let alone a dispatch notice. For under £28 I was willing to wait, but I think that this might be another couple of weeks - at best!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 10:53

So far not a fan of the driving
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 15:22

I really want to get this, but I already bought Castlevania and Luigi´s mansion this week, so I think I'll give it a while...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 17:59

shanks wrote:
Because all cars are too slow, or because the handling isn't very good?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 22:41

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Just me who got this this week then? You fools! It's so much fun! At least, the couple of missions I played were. Scaling a building, then running, jumping, springboarding and swinging across a couple of other buildings to nab some baddies in one of the early missions was a joy. Aside from that, I want to mention the brilliantly funny dialogue. In particular, Frank Honey, a cop who helps guide you through the early stages of the game, who has some brilliant lines. The loading times are the only thing I've disliked so far, it took nearly a minute to get from cutscene back in to the game for me earlier, that's a minor gripe though.
I basically agree with all of this, loading times shouldn't be this slow in this day and age but other than that it's all good, I must have laughed about 10 times in the first couple of minutes, very good, the "elementary" joke in particular was great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013 - 23:28

Dusty Knackers wrote:
shanks wrote:
Because all cars are too slow, or because the handling isn't very good?

Both really
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Mar 2013 - 7:37

Love, love, love this game.
It is hilarious, and while the loading times are long, I love how it is referenced in the game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 11:51

I wonder why the loading times are so long? From the videos I've seen, the graphics don't look like they'd break the Wii into a sweat. Meh

I'd still like this, but purchasing Luigi's Mansion 2, HarmoKnight and something else I can't remember this week has put my spending on ice for a little while.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 12:04

The graphics aren't so bad, I am loving this game with the humor and the

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Mar 2013 - 15:17

just picked up
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 10:03

Stu_the_great wrote:
I wonder why the loading times are so long? From the videos I've seen, the graphics don't look like they'd break the Wii into a sweat. Meh

I'd still like this, but purchasing Luigi's Mansion 2, HarmoKnight and something else I can't remember this week has put my spending on ice for a little while.

The load times are long because they seem to load the whole outdoor city at once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next