We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've Finally Got a Playstation...

Go down 
+10
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Athrun888
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 14:36

Vice City is better than GTAV in singleplayer

GTAV only wins out for the online
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 10:05

And I doubt Balla would be going online and I think most of this forum who would be playing GTA:O on PS4 not PS3, that he would have to play with randoms.

One more thing about PlayStation, the DS3 is one of worst from Sony based of the Dual Shock from 1997 which is now a iconic controller based of a SNES controller originally.

But as I like a list the PlayStation Controllers go like this:
Worst the Original PlayStation controller, as no analog sticks and no rumble but based of the SNES controller which the rest will follow on with
SIXAXIS, why Sony why
Dual Shock 3, They tried to polish a turd of the SIXAXIS by adding rumble but otherwise it's still rubbish
Dual Shock, The OG is still great
Dual Shock 2, Basically the same as the OG but with some slight improvements under the hood and how the buttons worked
Best Dual Shock 4, even though the Dual Shock has been around for almost 20 years in almost the same form and I've used for nearly all those years, it's never been one of my favs but the DS4 takes what's there then improve on it, to make the DS4 maybe of the best controllers ever.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2016 - 16:12

I agree on the DS4 being the best PS pad yet, although I never really had an issue with the DS3.

The sixaxis was notably lacking in rumble though. And was far too light Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2016 - 18:26

The Triggers suck on DS3 and on SIXAXIS.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2016 - 7:02

Still a top class controller in my book! Honestly I'd say the best is the DS2 and the worst is the DS1. Course I haven't used a DS4 yet, but the thing looks horrible, not Xbox controller horrible, but still far inferior to the DS series.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2016 - 9:13

But there is no real difference in the DS2 and DS1,, so not sure how the DS1 is the worst when the DS3 is like those but rubbish triigers and with the SIXAXIS and Digital both existing.

The DS4 is so nice, Athrun and is it just the look of the Xbox Controllers you don't like as they are sort of plain but the 360 controller is almost on par with the GameCube controller.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2016 - 10:56

I've never liked xbox pads, although part of that must be down to not being familiar with them. They seem to have horrible face buttons and d-pads whenever I've used them though, and I don't like the aesthetic or bulkiness. I do however adore the GC controller.

I wasn't sold on the DS4 when I first saw it, but when you use it you understand how nice it is.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2016 - 12:35

Very well, I'll keep an open mind about the ds4. Still think it looks meh though, I get what they were going for but it looks too sci-fi in a couple of areas.

On the xbox controller, it just felt clumsy and awkward the times I got to use it (Mechassault sessions, seriously miss that game). The triggers were decent enough but the face buttons were placed awkwardly and spaced out in annoying ways. 360's controller wasn't much better the three times I got to use one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2016 - 15:23

The D-Pad's have always sucked on X-box pads but I find the 360 pad to be the best ergonomic controller, it wasn't a huge hit for no reason.

To stay on topic if Balla does pop his head back in (Hopefully does and gives us his thoughts on the games he's picked up and this can be his little diary), this video even though it's more about collecting and it's a guy from the USA, the games he shows and talks about on PS360 along with what I've been saying about just take a gamble on games on PS3 as between now and March your likely going to buy maybe 1 Wii U game for full price that what he says is a far better idea. If you have the money and want to spend n games. A decent watch for others as well.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 15:30

I think the xbox pads are always geared primarily towards FPS games - which is great if that's what you primarily play. The Dualshock is more of an all-around controller, which is probably why I prefer it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 17:28

I TURNED ON MY PS3 FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!!!!!!!

It turned itself straight back off again. Sulk You know the mechanical gulp sound you get when you hold down the power button on a PC until it goes dead?  Yeah, it did that.  To be fair, I wasn't overly surprised - it came from CEX and looked like it had been dropped down a flight of stairs.

Will be taking it back ASAP, hopefully for a replacement. Meanwhile, another victory for Nintendo!

I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 XhkIlPr
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 18:16

Ouch - I bought my PS3 used but I bought it from GAME, and I trust them with hardware over CEX. Still, even CEX are meant to test their hardware before accepting it for trade-in, so I'd definitely be taking that up with them. Is there no power light or anything coming up when it's plugged in?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 18:59

You don't have great luck with consoles do you Balla,

I bought both my most recent OG Xbox and N64 from CEX, The N64 works fine but no way they tested (if at all) it with the leads it came with as the RF doesn't even fit and the Xbox has the disc tray issue all OG Xboxes have.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2016 - 16:25

That's CEX for you. It's hard to keep consoles in good condition when you're throwing them into the back of your getaway car
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 14:16

FINALLY I have a PS3 that is set up and working and my PSN ID is Balladeer_N.  (No prizes for guessing what the 'N' stands for - inyerface Sony.)  Shortly I will buy my first game off it, after I've made the most of what scant sunshine there is.  It may well be FF9 (I can get that right).  How exciting!

EDIT: Ah yes, the much-rumoured best part of PS gaming: the incessant need to update the game. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 19:26

I shall fire you a friend request - unsurprisingly, my ID is JayMoyles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:29

Yeah updates will be pain for you as its the first time you've played them, I get the same thing happen whne I turn on the Xbox One or the 3DS the system will want a update as I don't use enough.

That's just modern gaming for you.

Yay the best Final Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:40

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 9:31

Finally got myself a PS4 (Black Friday deal, natch). This does mean that I'll be holding off from the Switch for at least a year. Primarily going to be a PES machine, but will pick up cheap games throughout 2017. PSN ID is g_jones_86
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 15:19

gjones wrote:
Finally got myself a PS4 (Black Friday deal, natch). This does mean that I'll be holding off from the Switch for at least a year.  Primarily going to be a PES machine, but will pick up cheap games throughout 2017. PSN ID is g_jones_86

I have sent ye a friend request... *whispers* Holding off on Switch might be the best given the current rumoured launch line up
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 15:24

I've accepted your request on PS4,

I think the Switch line up is good for likes of gJones and Jay, who sold / didn't have a Wii U which is most people.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 16:29

There is no font small enough that Mas won't reply! He is pretty on the money on this occassion though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 17:48

Yup.

Just pointing out that I'm not fully convinced about the line up.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 17:48

Good to have you on board Jones and good to see you're not a filthy Fifa merchant. What else have you got/looking to get?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 18:59

Treesmurf wrote:
Good to have you on board Jones and good to see you're not a filthy Fifa merchant. What else have you got/looking to get?

The console came with Uncharted 4 and FIFA17 but I traded them in immediately in order to get PES. Just that at the moment. I would like to play through the first 3 Uncharteds before getting the fourth again. The Last of Us is another - basically any good PS3 game is of interest, having bypassed that system completely. I like the look of Bloodborne - a faster Dark Souls could be my pathway in to those games (I adored Ninja Gaiden on Xbox and Bloodborne bears some similarities). I love the Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six series so Siege does interest me, but I'm primarily a solo campaign gamer. What also drew me towards the PS4 were games such as Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, which is something I can play with my wife.

Although open-world titles such as MGSV and The Witcher 3 do appeal to me, I would rather play shorter games.

Having been with the Xbox 360 for 10 years, it's going to take a while to adjust to the menus and use of trophies, but first impressions are very positive. I love the controller despite not being the biggest fan of the Dualshock design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Finally Got a Playstation...   I've Finally Got a Playstation... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I've Finally Got a Playstation...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next