We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If...

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Athrun888
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 19:45

If... - Page 7 Whats-dead-should-stay-dead

JayMoyles wrote:
I've sent a message to Reggie stating "Hi Reggie, esteemed GNamer forumite Balladeer would like me to pass you a message. He's really wanting to know about every 3DS game you've got coming out this year and next in painstaking detail. Please dedicate 30 minutes MINIMUM to satiating his undying thirst for more 3DS games. Yours, an anonymous 3DS fan. PS. please make that 40 minutes, actually."

Reggie's chuffed that someone likes what he was going to do anyway.

More seriously, they do need to get the VC up and running properly, they do need to sort out that stupid 'stream for a month' idea, and they definitely do need to bring us Mother 3. And 4 ideally. Oh, and there should be something announced in the Direct, downloadable straight after the Direct.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 19:56

If... - Page 7 4VXa8
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 19:57

I... I think it's time for Nintendo to do a proper on-the-showfloor presentation again. They've shaken up the formula for a little while and that's been fun, absolutely it has. I just can't shake this feeling that Directs only really reach Nintendo fans, but a presentation this year would make folk sit up and take notice. They can then follow that up with Treehouse-y shenanigans for the rest of E3, for the fans.

I'm sure it'll be Direct'n'Treehouse, because that's worked like a charm - but now's the time to think bigger again.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 21:58

If... - Page 7 Tenor
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 18:33

Timing, Zero, timing! Good to see Ninty listening to Dean up there as well. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 19:10

Dean is happy, just look at him go.

If... - Page 7 Tumblr_static_tumblr_mjatuzs0lg1rb4km6o1_500
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 19:40

Yup, that looks awkward enough to be him! Now time for him to deflect any perceived flaws with snarky humour.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 6:46

Wow, I've been neglecting this! Apologies, y'all. Embarrassed

IF you were launching the Switch's Virtual Console, what would you do to reinvigorate the service that amazed on the Wii but was/is lacklustre on the Wii U and 3DS?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 8:42

I'd release Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, what more could you need?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 11:21

I'm not sure what you can do to reinvigorate.

We will have re-buy everything the even though with My Nintendo and that we linked our Wii U and 3DS accounts, maybe we will get a discount at best like Wii to Wii U.

Nintendo knows their is money to be made here but most of us have seen it all before, I think fan wanted things like Mother 3 and GameCube VC with the likes of Fire Emblem Path of Radiance which a game I want to play as much as some on here want to play Mother 3 but do I want to buy it for my GameCube collection, well yes but I don't want to pay a £100 for it.

Thing is how much will Cube games cost as NES is £3.49, SNES £5.49, GBA £6.29, N64 £8.99, DS £8.99, Wii £17.99. I'm thinking £12.99-14.99 which isn't a bad price for a game like Fire Emblem Path of Radiance but lets say Beyond Good & Evil 2 is a Switch exclusive.

Balla hasn't played the first, far as I'm aware, putting the first out on VC could make sense but am I going to pay £12.99 for it when there is a HD version on other systems that costs £7.99 or it could come as a PS2 Classic for around £6.

It's the same issue as Ultra Street Fighter II, I would buy that but not for 3 times the price of the same game on other systems.

Pricing or look at how others have priced things, just go into the PS2 Classic thread and some are saying they're a tad to much and they're now running in HD and have trophy support along with streaming and maybe a fan poll like with SMASH & FE: Heroes to see what we the fans want on the VC.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 12:38

I'd not do what Nintendo is going to do: start drip-feeding everyone games released on both Wii and Wii U VC's for four years. Instead launch it with everything already available on the Wii U store already available at the start. Then I'd work my way up through the Gamecube and Wii libraries.

I've never got why Nintendo drip-fed us the VC titles. Not for the older pre-cube eras at any rate. It was as if they thought they could actually plug up their droughts with them or something.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 20:40

There's only one answer.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 10:30

If Nintendo aren't going to turn the Virtual Console into a Netflix-style subscription service, then I'd hope that they'd do what Athrun suggests. Drip feeding us games on the Wii U really diluted my interest in what was going on, and by the time stuff I'd initially wanted to download came out (like Harvest Moon 64, Excitebike 64 and F-Zero X in late 2016/early 2017) I simply wasn't arsed.

To reinvigorate the service, I'd like to Nintendo sort out the pricing as well. I'm stunned that SNES ROMs are more expensive on the New 3DS in 2017 than they've been on the Wii since 2006. Let's see Game Boy and NES games at under £2, Mega Drive games at £2.50, SNES games at between £3-£4, N64 games WORTH £7 and GameCube games at a tenner, for example; surely in 2017 a pricing structure along those lines is more than reasonable?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySun 28 May 2017 - 15:15

I did think off soemthign else last night when on Skype with Andy & Jay.

We know SNES games will have online. However we don't know if that is every single SNES game or just ones that are in the online sub or just ones that Nintendo feel are worth doing.

This could be the big thing to reinvigorate the VC, if even only select games now have online like Pokemon RBY on 3DS VC.

I've said before though that if Melee had this I wouldn't buy SMASHED, Nintendo still gets my money but £10-15 is a lot less then £40.

Also a mad one but could happen is Microsoft owned IPs like a Perfect Dark, you might think I'm crazy but Spencer has said they like working with Nintendo and have in the past also he wanted Banjo in SMASH4, Minecraft a MS published games is on Nintendo systems.

It could benefit both parties, Nintendo has more games on the VC and ones we've not had on any of the VC platforms and if you're MS and lets say you're bringing back Perfect Dark, it gets your IP out there and may even get some to buy a Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 19:45

Athrun888 wrote:
I'd not do what Nintendo is going to do: start drip-feeding everyone games released on both Wii and Wii U VC's for four years.  Instead launch it with everything already available on the Wii U store already available at the start.  Then I'd work my way up through the Gamecube and Wii libraries.

This, and allow Wii U libraries to be carried over.  There simply is no excuse for the s**tshow that Ninty will inevitably squeeze out, other than greed.

Oh and frequent sales.  I don't mind much about getting free games, but if they're doing that, snatching them away again after the end of the period is taking the mickey given what other consoles do.

To be honest I'm unsure whether I'll end up paying for Nintendo's online anyway.  I'm not a big online gamer and their VC will be bobbins, so unless the eShop's tied to the paid service (which again would be a decision that has no sense other than greed) I'll likely give it a miss and stick to games of Skype-Quiplash.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 22:53

I don't know how to form my own opinion there - either quantity (as was suggested, fast-track all the titles that came on the Wii VC) or quality (treat the VC as a minor remastering of classic Ninty-ness). However, I'm not sure how either of these will work, so I'm going to wait and see, and then tell Nintendo what they did wrong afterwards. Grin Grin
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 19:47

There are so many things that Nintendo could and should do with the VC.

1. Lower prices. This has already been mentioned and is kind of a must for me.
  2. Online multiplayer. This may actually be happening for some games, which sounds fantastic. The prospect of GC Four Swords Adventures over the Interwebsnet is monumental. Epic. Immense. Could really be something.
  3. Buy up the licenses for games that have never seen a VC release up to press. I'm not only thinking of genuinely licensed games, like Aladdin or UN Squadron - I'm also thinking of stuff like Plok and Lost Vikings (I would do questionable things to be able to play that game on the Switch. Very questionable indeed).
  4. Super FX Chip games. It is more than time.
  5. Translate games that were never released in the West. I'm talking Satellaview games, things like Soma Bringer, The Legendary Starfy, the works.

#MakeVCGreatAgain
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 19:59

Can't see why likes of Blizzard can't put out Lost Vikings anyway on VC without Nintendo buying as likes of Capcom have put games on VC with no problems.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 22:56

Everything to do with Virtual Console has already been mentioned but you know what they definitely need to do, bring back the eShop music, preferably the Wii Shop Channel music, that makes everything more tempting to buy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 6:06

DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE
DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE
DE-DE-DE-DE-DE
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 8:27

Any excuse.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 18:42

Another time period, another IF question! This one is a suggestion that mas made on Twitter. Thumbs Up!

IF you were going to market a Nintendo Switch game with a Global Testsomething, which game would it be and what would the name of your Global Testsomething be? This can be for a game that does exist, or one that doesn't.

For the record, my answer was the mildly obvious Super Mario Odyssey, and it would be a Global Testjump. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 18:56

Animal Crossing. You and four players just mingle in a nice randomly created village for a while. You can take part in whatever fun new features have been added, get to know the new animals and one another, or just wonder about alone soaking in the lovely new visuals and music. It won't be challenging - in fact, it encourages you to take it slow. The Global Test Ease.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 19:02

Drunkalilly wrote:
Animal Crossing. You and four players just mingle in a nice randomly created village for a while. You can take part in whatever fun new features have been added, get to know the new animals and one another, or just wonder about alone soaking in the lovely new visuals and music. It won't be challenging - in fact, it encourages you to take it slow. The Global Test Ease.

Animal Crossing what I was thinking off as I can see it going for more social online aspect, like Home but good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Jun 2017 - 19:36

SMO shouldn't need much marketing, but then the Galaxies didn't actually sell that well, did they? Aww!

Anyway, I'd go for something I'd actually need a demo. to be convinced by. Something like a new Kid Icarus game, say, where the controls could make or break it, and where Nintendo's just as likely to muck them up as to do a blinder.

It being a demo., you'd be given a load of treasure and stuff to put in the cauldron and find the difficulty level that's right for you. The Global Test-a-Caul.

Dron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

If... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

If...
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: