We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If...

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Athrun888
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 16:19

I've seen it the other way around with USB sticks that allow for a stick to be used on a PC with emulators etc
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyMon 7 May 2018 - 9:45

Zero's left, but this was a great idea and I'd like to try and continue it if possible. Hopefully over time people will forget that this is just a pale imitation of the original. Anyway...

IF you could create a physical prop for the Switch, Labo or not, and a game designed around that prop, what would it be?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 22:21

Man, I don't know if I would create a prop. I think I was burnt out by the cheap plastic tat from back on Wii and I've quite enjoyed playing a Nintendo home console that's mostly free from that. I know that comes across as so anti-fun and everything, but I'd be struggling to muster the enthusiasm to think of anything that'd work!

Maybe a Labo guitar? In fact, bring back Guitar Hero. Give us a cardboard guitar and a box-related tracklist.

Living in a Box - Living in a Box
Heart-Shaped Box - Nirvana
Big Fish Little Fish Cardboard Box - Robert, Occupation: Builder

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyWed 16 May 2018 - 8:16

Well that idea was a wet blanket.  Time to do what I do best and steal from another person!

Jimbob wrote:
Although, if I was in charge of the "If" thread, I'd ask "If you were to create a Smash Bros.-style collaboration, what publisher / series / general theme would you base it on?"

IF you were to create a Smash Bros.-style collaboration, what publisher/series/general theme would you base it on?  I'm going to assume you can choose the genre as well.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyWed 16 May 2018 - 18:25

I didn't notice you'd continued this Embarrassed was hoping an admin would steal Jimbob's proposal though Thumbs Up!

In regards to props, I want a Labo Marble Run. I just want a Marble run to be honest. I definitely don't have an addiction stemming from the Marblelympics.

As for Jimbob's question: Well, there are a lot of possibilities! I think I'll go with SPORTS! Lets make a Smash game comprised from any and everything that considers itself a "sports" game. I'd like to see Rocket League cars pelt Andy Gray in his stupid face, while Rey Mysterio introduces Lewis Hamilton to a hurricanrana off the top rope, as Andy Murray complains about fatigue settling in during the third set.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyThu 17 May 2018 - 10:04

All the ones I would think of have been done, sure I'd like to see Sony have another bash at a fighting game with their characters but I don't think most of their stars really fit the SMASH-like genre, that I would take the MS route and put them in a proper fighter like MS have with Killer Instinct.

What I have come up with though is Fire Emblem: Dead or Alive, get Koei Tecmo to make a fighting game in the DoA engine but with Fire Emblem Characters and somehow implement the triangle system from both games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 10:15

Tharja would be the main character.  Come to think of it, the recent Nintendo Warriors games fall under this banner. I hope Joe Root's unlockable in Muss' game.

Personally I have a couple of ideas:
  • A Smash RPG.  I've always wanted a story-driven collision of Nintendo's brightest.  This would be fun.  
  • Level-5: Layton, Yokai, the bloke Zero godresthissoul had as his avatar forever...  Again, I don't feel a fighting game would fit their style, so maybe an RPG or puzzler or racer or something.  
  • An indie version of Smash does feel like a good idea.  Blade Strangers seems more like indie Street Fighter plus boob-girls, but let's have Runbow's special guests (plus Madeline, the Drifter, etc.) starring in a fighting game supporting at least four players at once, perhaps eight.
I'd say Smash Kart, but Mario Kart's going that way anyway.

Re. the props question, I think the musical instrument idea is a good one...  I'd just like an actual sword.  The IR camera would mean that any slashing stuff could theoretically be loads better than Motion+ alone.  Theoretically.  Fortunately, this thread is all about theoretically!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 15:57

Change mine slightly as I thought Koei Tecmo due to Fire Emblem Warriors, Dead or Alive and both series having a triangle system but I've got a better dev and series to use instead of Dead or Alive.

Namco who have a strong relationship with Nintendo (working on SMASH) make SoulCalibur in which the characters have weapons, which makes more sense for a Fire Emblem Fighters.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyMon 21 May 2018 - 21:18

Muss wrote:
In regards to props, I want a Labo Marble Run. I just want a Marble run to be honest. I definitely don't have an addiction stemming from the Marblelympics.
WHY AM I WATCHING MARBLE CURLING ALEX WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Oh right, I forgot about this! Glad to see you've made it into a logical question, and created actual diverse answers! Mas, I approve of having Fire Emblem characters in their own fighting game. And keeping them away from Smash Bros.

I hadn't really thought about an answer myself, but the other day I remembered that there used to be (crappy) games that tied in with charity events like Comic Relief. Sleepwalker anyone? Anyway, the other thing about Comic Relief, given that they're not so good at writing actual jokes any more, are the "whoah man, who's going to turn up in this next?" sketches. So. Right. For Comic Relief. TT Games - they're British right, like comic relief. So, a LEGO Smash Bros game. BUT. They ask a load of other videogame companies really nicely, 'cause it's for charity. The characters are the bestest Britishest videogame Brits that have existing in the history of videogames. And by that, I mean characters that are canonically British - not just made by companies on this island. So all the famous ones. Croft. Layton. White. Reaver. Valentine. Oxton. Price. HATSWORTH. And it's ironically funny because Brexit and all that.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 18:42

Any game which has Layton and HATSWORTH (for he deserves the block caps) is an insta-buy. If you can beat seven bells out of Luke Triton, even better.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 19:13

Dingle-dingle-dingle-deep!

There are lots of videogame characters going around holding a wide variety of weapons, but IF... you could design a game based around one character wielding one weapon, what weapon would it be?

My answer is a bug cannon. As you go through the game you get the ability to fire more bugs of more kinds. Ants to carry stuff à la Pikmin, scorpions to swarm people, butterflies to take to the skies, and of course wasps as straightforward homing bullets. It'd be great.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 21:17

That... is very clever. If I was a bit cleverer at programming and doing the 3D models and stuff, I'd get to work on that.

It's also much more imaginative - I could only copy a thing I remember from TV - Bob Mortimer's Frying Pan Showdown
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyThu 12 Jul 2018 - 21:22

[narrator]Jimbob's game sold over a million copies, despite being critically panned.[/narrator]
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 12:51

I can't think of anything but your idea did remind me of THIS
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:05

I'd love to see a game where everytime you enter a conflict, you win through the power of persuasion and intellect. Basically, you talk your enemies down, so your weapons are your words. I'm sure this is already a game or there's at least something similar out there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 20:16

Ah, now the reason for voting Undertale amongst the greatest game of all time comes out! More seriously, that'd be grand, but I think it'd require some serious AI under the hood to feel natural and not forced.

masofdas wrote:
I can't think of anything but your idea did remind me of THIS

Puts the Cerebral Bore to shame. (sheds manly tear)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:51

Balladeer wrote:
Ah, now the reason for voting Undertale amongst the greatest game of all time comes out!

I've been rumbled! Laughing

I think my idea could only really work with a Sherlock Holmes style of character who can deduce somebody's life story from a glance and then use information to calm them down. You could have a scenario such as talking to an attacking bandit and reminding him of his family back at home, guilt tripping him into standing down, for example.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySat 21 Jul 2018 - 12:41

New question that's been on my mind lately! IF you could make one convention mandatory for maps in gaming, what would it be?

My personal choice: allowing us to scribble on them on any platform with a touch screen. I think it was Phantom Hourglass that was absolutely belting at that. More please.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySat 21 Jul 2018 - 13:30

I'd agree with that! I think at the very least we should be given map markers like in Hollow Knight so we can note our own important locations to revisit. I'd find myself totally forgetting about suspicious cracks in the wall or whatnot if I didn't have that feature. Oh, and there should be a fair few markers to use - BotW was much too sparse in the number of markers it allowed you to place on the map.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySat 21 Jul 2018 - 13:41

JayMoyles wrote:
I'd agree with that! I think at the very least we should be given map markers like in Hollow Knight so we can note our own important locations to revisit. I'd find myself totally forgetting about suspicious cracks in the wall or whatnot if I didn't have that feature. Oh, and there should be a fair few markers to use - BotW was much too sparse in the number of markers it allowed you to place on the map.

I was actually going to say at the very least all Metroidvanias should always have map markers as an option (Surprised to hear Hollow Knight doesn't have them) as I remember Axiom verge using these very well. Having markers never breaks this genre in my book as long as your puzzles in how you progress aren't simple.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySat 21 Jul 2018 - 13:42

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

I was actually going to say at the very least all Metroidvanias should always have map markers as an option (Surprised to hear Hollow Knight doesn't have them)

It does though! They'e not available from the off as you have to buy them from the cartographer's store, but they exist.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptySat 21 Jul 2018 - 13:47

Oh I totally misread that Laughing so that's good.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018 - 20:43

Every map should have the toggle-able option to rotate based on the camera's / player's orientation in 3D. Watching older relatives orbit a collectible they've seen on a map screen, for 5 minutes, is a bit painful.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018 - 21:47

I can see that helping basically everyone. Thumbs Up! You'd need an option to turn the rotation off too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

If... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

If...
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: